Does anybody know how I might set the audio to line-in.
Thanks
James
Re: OT audio [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:34:47 +0800, you wrote:

> Hi all
>I'm recording from a sensoray 2253 card.
>On (X)ubuntu prior to 17.04 the volume control mixer allowed me to
>select the audio input as mic or line. With 17.04 that choice has
>disappeared and the mixer has only mic input.
>As a result the audio is overloaded.
>I've tried (and maybe I've done it wrong) v4lctl to no avail.
>Does anybody know how I might set the audio to line-in.
>Thanks
>James

What does "v4l2-ctl --list-audio-inputs" show? Is the line input
showing?
Re: OT audio [ In reply to ]
On 9/6/17 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
>> Hi all
>> I'm recording from a sensoray 2253 card.
>> On (X)ubuntu prior to 17.04 the volume control mixer allowed me to
>> select the audio input as mic or line. With 17.04 that choice has
>> disappeared and the mixer has only mic input.
>> As a result the audio is overloaded.
>> I've tried (and maybe I've done it wrong) v4lctl to no avail.
>> Does anybody know how I might set the audio to line-in.
>> Thanks
>> James
> What does "v4l2-ctl --list-audio-inputs" show? Is the line input
> showing?

Stephan ta,
I'm just missing the final bit, getting the line-in stream, I get the
mic stream (which is overloaded). alsamixer exclaims no recording inputs!
pavucontrol used to offer (mic) (line-in) (which did/does work 14.04 ..
16.04) but no longer offers the choice.

dvr@dvr1704:~$ v4l2-ctl --list-audio-inputs
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO
Input : 0