Mailing List Archive

Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday!
Five years ago today. I revamped My MythTV server. And it's running great
ever since!

Recording Statistics
Number of shows:947 Number of episodes:18150 First recording:Monday April
30th, 2012 Last recording:Sunday April 30th, 2017 Total Running Time:4
years 11 months 29 days 20 hrs 55 mins Total Recorded:1 year 5 months 19
days 20 hrs 34 mins Percent of time spent recording:29%

Many Thanks to all the Dev's / contributors.
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
On 30/04/17 21:02, Kris Jensen wrote:
> Five years ago today. I revamped My MythTV server. And it's running
> great ever since!
>
>
> Recording Statistics
>
> Number of shows:947
> Number of episodes:18150
> First recording:Monday April 30th, 2012
> Last recording:Sunday April 30th, 2017
> Total Running Time:4 years 11 months 29 days 20 hrs 55 mins
> Total Recorded:1 year 5 months 19 days 20 hrs 34 mins
> Percent of time spent recording:29%
>
>
> Many Thanks to all the Dev's / contributors.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>

It's not my boxes birthday, but I'd like to add my thanks to the devs
and community in general. My box is six months older than my oldest
daughter and is so central to our viewing habits that she struggles to
grasp what a 'channel' is.

Here's those numbers:

Number of shows: 2282
Number of episodes: 18484
First recording: Sunday March 1st, 2009
Last recording: Thursday May 4th, 2017
Total Running Time: 8 years 2 months 2 days 19 hrs 32 mins
Total Recorded: 1 year 9 months 20 days 13 hrs 41 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 22%



_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
Just hit 11 years today! Thanks to all.

Number of shows: 519
Number of episodes: 22500
First recording: Sunday May 7th, 2006
Last recording: Saturday May 6th, 2017
Total Running Time: 10 years 11 months 29 days 18 hrs 32 mins
Total Recorded: 2 years 11 days 16 hrs 39 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 18%



On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:08 AM, Rick Lane <lists@timeforabrew.com> wrote:

> On 30/04/17 21:02, Kris Jensen wrote:
>
>> Five years ago today. I revamped My MythTV server. And it's running
>> great ever since!
>>
>>
>> Recording Statistics
>>
>> Number of shows:947
>> Number of episodes:18150
>> First recording:Monday April 30th, 2012
>> Last recording:Sunday April 30th, 2017
>> Total Running Time:4 years 11 months 29 days 20 hrs 55 mins
>> Total Recorded:1 year 5 months 19 days 20 hrs 34 mins
>> Percent of time spent recording:29%
>>
>>
>> Many Thanks to all the Dev's / contributors.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
>> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>>
>>
> It's not my boxes birthday, but I'd like to add my thanks to the devs and
> community in general. My box is six months older than my oldest daughter
> and is so central to our viewing habits that she struggles to grasp what a
> 'channel' is.
>
> Here's those numbers:
>
> Number of shows: 2282
> Number of episodes: 18484
> First recording: Sunday March 1st, 2009
> Last recording: Thursday May 4th, 2017
> Total Running Time: 8 years 2 months 2 days 19 hrs 32 mins
> Total Recorded: 1 year 9 months 20 days 13 hrs 41 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 22%
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
I'm a laggard, though my primary purpose is to record Formula One races
and now Indy Car races. Other than that, it doesn't see much use.

Number of shows: 39
Number of episodes: 787
First recording: Friday August 1st, 2008
Last recording: Sunday April 30th, 2017
Total Running Time: 8 years 8 months 27 days 23 hrs 37 mins
Total Recorded: 1 month 14 days 4 hrs 52 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 1%

I'm still using the same computer I built the system up with in 2008, an
IBM ThinkCentre mini tower that I added a 1 TB drive to years ago to
hold the recordings and is a combined backend/frontend, though I don't
use it as a frontend much as I have a Raspberry Pi running KODI in this
room that I use the most. One of these days I may take the next step
for recording OTA, but that may require a new machine.

- Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true."

Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://www.n0nb.us
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
> I'd like to add my thanks to the devs
> and community in general.

+10

My box's birthday has been lost 'like tears in rain'. There was a
database before the present one. The present database dates to 2009:

Number of shows:
951
Number of episodes:
10860
First recording:
Sunday February 15th, 2009
Last recording:
Tuesday May 9th, 2017
Total Running Time:
8 years 2 months 22 days 7 hrs 31 mins
Total Recorded:
1 year 5 months 15 days 14 hrs 53 mins
Percent of time spent recording:
17%

Except for upgrades and maintenance and the odd power outage, the same
box has been running continuously since then. One new power supply, two
replacement fans. about 4 or 5 hard drives adding storage every time!

My first posting on the list was in August 2005 according to
gossamer-threads, writing about good cases for our myth boxen.

--
R. Geoffrey Newbury

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to add my thanks to the devs
>> and community in general.
>
>
Oh I Iove this game! :) Mine started on : Thursday January 19th, 2006

the backend (ver 0.25) these days lives in a Lxc container, since it
needs to talk to the hdhr. if not for the hdhr, it would be in a
docker container!

Number of shows:
1686
Number of episodes:
56244
First recording:
Thursday January 19th, 2006
Last recording:
Thursday May 18th, 2017
Total Running Time:
11 years 3 months 28 days 12 hrs 6 mins
Total Recorded:
4 years 4 months 18 days 12 hrs 37 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 38%
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
Couldn't resist, in the early days I would change hardware (analogue to
digital) and start a refresh database, this ones is about to turn a
teenager.

Number of shows: 943
Number of episodes: 14303
First recording: Sunday June 6th, 2004
Last recording: Sunday May 21st, 2017
Total Running Time: 12 years 11 months 14 days 5 hrs 39 mins
Total Recorded: 1 year 4 months 9 days 20 hrs 42 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 10%


On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Evuraan <evuraan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org>
> wrote:
> >> I'd like to add my thanks to the devs
> >> and community in general.
> >
> >
> Oh I Iove this game! :) Mine started on : Thursday January 19th, 2006
>
> the backend (ver 0.25) these days lives in a Lxc container, since it
> needs to talk to the hdhr. if not for the hdhr, it would be in a
> docker container!
>
> Number of shows:
> 1686
> Number of episodes:
> 56244
> First recording:
> Thursday January 19th, 2006
> Last recording:
> Thursday May 18th, 2017
> Total Running Time:
> 11 years 3 months 28 days 12 hrs 6 mins
> Total Recorded:
> 4 years 4 months 18 days 12 hrs 37 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 38%
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 07:13:38PM +0100, John McEntee wrote:
> Couldn't resist, in the early days I would change hardware (analogue to
> digital) and start a refresh database, this ones is about to turn a
> teenager.
>
> Number of shows: 943
> Number of episodes: 14303
> First recording: Sunday June 6th, 2004
> Last recording: Sunday May 21st, 2017
> Total Running Time: 12 years 11 months 14 days 5 hrs 39 mins
> Total Recorded: 1 year 4 months 9 days 20 hrs 42 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 10%
>
>
> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Evuraan <evuraan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org>
> > wrote:
> > >> I'd like to add my thanks to the devs
> > >> and community in general.
> > >
> > >
> > Oh I Iove this game! :) Mine started on : Thursday January 19th, 2006
> >
> > the backend (ver 0.25) these days lives in a Lxc container, since it
> > needs to talk to the hdhr. if not for the hdhr, it would be in a
> > docker container!
> >
> > Number of shows:
> > 1686
> > Number of episodes:
> > 56244
> > First recording:
> > Thursday January 19th, 2006
> > Last recording:
> > Thursday May 18th, 2017
> > Total Running Time:
> > 11 years 3 months 28 days 12 hrs 6 mins
> > Total Recorded:
> > 4 years 4 months 18 days 12 hrs 37 mins
> > Percent of time spent recording: 38%
> > _______________________________________________


Hard to believe it's been this long. Nearly as old as my kids and
probaby the bulk of my recordings in the beginning. As everyone has
expressed, big thanks to all the devs.

Number of shows: 1149
Number of episodes: 22235
First recording: Thursday March 11th, 2004
Last recording: Sunday May 21st, 2017
Total Running Time: 13 years 2 months 10 days 1 hr 27 mins
Total Recorded: 2 years 2 months 10 days 7 hrs 14 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 16%
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
It will be 13 years on the 30th of May for me:

Number of shows:518
Number of episodes:14010
First recording:Sunday May 30th, 2004
Last recording:Sunday May 21st, 2017
Total Running Time:12 years 11 months 22 days 2 hrs 51 mins
Total Recorded:1 year 6 months 14 days 20 hrs 51 mins
Percent of time spent recording:11%

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Erik Karlin <e_karlin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 07:13:38PM +0100, John McEntee wrote:
>> Couldn't resist, in the early days I would change hardware (analogue to
>> digital) and start a refresh database, this ones is about to turn a
>> teenager.
>>
>> Number of shows: 943
>> Number of episodes: 14303
>> First recording: Sunday June 6th, 2004
>> Last recording: Sunday May 21st, 2017
>> Total Running Time: 12 years 11 months 14 days 5 hrs 39 mins
>> Total Recorded: 1 year 4 months 9 days 20 hrs 42 mins
>> Percent of time spent recording: 10%
>>
>>
>> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Evuraan <evuraan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org>
>> > wrote:
>> > >> I'd like to add my thanks to the devs
>> > >> and community in general.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > Oh I Iove this game! :) Mine started on : Thursday January 19th, 2006
>> >
>> > the backend (ver 0.25) these days lives in a Lxc container, since it
>> > needs to talk to the hdhr. if not for the hdhr, it would be in a
>> > docker container!
>> >
>> > Number of shows:
>> > 1686
>> > Number of episodes:
>> > 56244
>> > First recording:
>> > Thursday January 19th, 2006
>> > Last recording:
>> > Thursday May 18th, 2017
>> > Total Running Time:
>> > 11 years 3 months 28 days 12 hrs 6 mins
>> > Total Recorded:
>> > 4 years 4 months 18 days 12 hrs 37 mins
>> > Percent of time spent recording: 38%
>> > _______________________________________________
>
>
> Hard to believe it's been this long. Nearly as old as my kids and
> probaby the bulk of my recordings in the beginning. As everyone has
> expressed, big thanks to all the devs.
>
> Number of shows: 1149
> Number of episodes: 22235
> First recording: Thursday March 11th, 2004
> Last recording: Sunday May 21st, 2017
> Total Running Time: 13 years 2 months 10 days 1 hr 27 mins
> Total Recorded: 2 years 2 months 10 days 7 hrs 14 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 16%
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org



--
John M. Drescher
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
I started with Myth in 2005... but I moved to a "from scratch" server around 2010 I think.

how are you all listing your stats?

-ben


_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
From mythweb statistics.

John

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Ben <bkamen@benjammin.net> wrote:
> I started with Myth in 2005... but I moved to a "from scratch" server around 2010 I think.
>
> how are you all listing your stats?
>
> -ben
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org



--
John M. Drescher
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
> On May 22, 2017, at 3:12 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From mythweb statistics.
>
> John
>
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Ben <bkamen@benjammin.net> wrote:
>> I started with Myth in 2005... but I moved to a "from scratch" server around 2010 I think.
>>
>> how are you all listing your stats?
>>
>> -ben
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
>> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
>
>
> --
> John M. Drescher
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org

I didn’t realize mine was up and functioning for so long! I guess I don’t watch too much as my time spent recording is now down to zero.

Number of shows: 65
Number of episodes: 767
First recording: Saturday November 5th, 2005
Last recording: Friday March 17th, 2017
Total Running Time: 11 years 4 months 11 days 7 hrs 34 mins
Total Recorded: 23 days 2 hrs 12 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 0%

Mike
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
Since we're doing another round of this:

Number of shows: 387 Number of episodes: 13552 First recording: Tuesday
June 7th, 2005 Last recording: Sunday May 21st, 2017 Total Running Time: 11
years 11 months 13 days 14 hrs 39 mins Total Recorded: 3 years 2 days 12
hrs 14 mins Percent of time spent recording: 25%
The backend has moved three times (four different physical boxes).

--Greg
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
Recording Statistics
Number of shows:180Number of episodes:4894First recording:Thursday June
9th, 2016Last recording:Monday May 22nd, 2017Total Running Time:11 months
11 days 21 hrs 10 minsTotal Recorded:7 months 23 hrs 53 minsPercent of time
spent recording:61%
Shows Channels
TitleRecordedLast Recorded#TitleRecordedLast Recorded
Rio Olympics 256 August 21 2016 1 truTV HD (Pacific) 430 May 19 2017
NHL Hockey 220 May 21 2017 2 NBCSN HD 410 May 21 2017
Impractical Jokers 176 May 14 2017 3 The Discovery Channel HD (Pacific) 382 May
17 2017
The Big Bang Theory 171 May 11 2017 4 Animal Planet HD (Pacific) 330 May 20
2017
The Daily Show With Trevor Noah 170 May 18 2017 5 Comedy Central HD
(Pacific) 313 May 18 2017
Tosh.0 146 April 11 2017 6 KINGDT (KING-DT) 276 May 21 2017
Keeping Up With the Kardashians 136 May 22 2017 7 AMC HD (Pacific) 177 May
21 2017
Arrow 111 May 17 2017 8 Velocity 177 May 22 2017
Tanked 108 May 19 2017 9 History HD (Pacific) 170 May 22 2017
Wheeler Dealers 107 March 27 2017 10 Food Network HD (Pacific) 160 May 22
2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Greg Woods <greg@gregandeva.net> wrote:

> Since we're doing another round of this:
>
> Number of shows: 387 Number of episodes: 13552 First recording: Tuesday
> June 7th, 2005 Last recording: Sunday May 21st, 2017 Total Running Time:
> 11 years 11 months 13 days 14 hrs 39 mins Total Recorded: 3 years 2 days
> 12 hrs 14 mins Percent of time spent recording: 25%
> The backend has moved three times (four different physical boxes).
>
> --Greg
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
>
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
On 05/22/2017 03:12 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> >From mythweb statistics.
>
Ahh! there it is.

Wow... my system is SOOO not as exciting as the rest of y'all. :P

> Number of shows:232
> Number of episodes:5126
> First recording:Tuesday January 10th, 2012
> Last recording:Monday May 22nd, 2017
> Total Running Time:5 years 4 months 11 days 1 hr 59 mins
> Total Recorded:6 months 21 days 9 hrs 47 mins
> Percent of time spent recording:10%
>

Hahahahahha
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
How can you tell the Mythbox was a Christmas present to myself?

Number of shows: 1279
Number of episodes: 61184
First recording: Friday December 24th, 2004
Last recording: Monday May 22nd, 2017
Total Running Time: 12 years 4 months 27 days 16 hrs 48 mins
Total Recorded: 5 years 2 days 18 hrs 16 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 40%

One replaced motherboard, two different cases, several disks and it's been
running pretty well continuously since it was first put together.

Many thanks to the devs and all involved.

Les

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:02 AM, Ben <bkamen@benjammin.net> wrote:

> On 05/22/2017 03:12 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>
> >From mythweb statistics.
>
>
> Ahh! there it is.
>
> Wow... my system is SOOO not as exciting as the rest of y'all. :P
>
> Number of shows: 232 Number of episodes: 5126 First recording: Tuesday
> January 10th, 2012 Last recording: Monday May 22nd, 2017 Total Running
> Time: 5 years 4 months 11 days 1 hr 59 mins Total Recorded: 6 months 21
> days 9 hrs 47 mins Percent of time spent recording: 10%
>
>
> Hahahahahha
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
>


--
If you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly.
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Les Gondor <les.gondor@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can you tell the Mythbox was a Christmas present to myself?
>
> Number of shows: 1279
> Number of episodes: 61184
> First recording: Friday December 24th, 2004
> Last recording: Monday May 22nd, 2017
> Total Running Time: 12 years 4 months 27 days 16 hrs 48 mins
> Total Recorded: 5 years 2 days 18 hrs 16 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 40%
>
> One replaced motherboard, two different cases, several disks and it's been
> running pretty well continuously since it was first put together.
>
> Many thanks to the devs and all involved.
>
> Les
>
>
>
It's been a good run:

Number of shows: 772
Number of episodes: 26350
First recording: Saturday March 19th, 2005
Last recording: Friday May 26th, 2017
Total Running Time: 12 years 2 months 7 days 2 hrs 46 mins
Total Recorded: 3 years 3 months 21 days 15 hrs 12 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 27%

I actually started using MythTV in early February, but I did a complete
re-install once I figured everything out. Anyway, it is being shut down
permanently, I've got 3 Roku's running with Netflix, Plex, Youtube and NHL
TV, and there is no looking back, MythTV has outlived it's usefulness in
our household, so it's time to retire it. Much appreciation to the devs
over the years who have made the experience as great as it has in the last
12 years,, and thanks to the community for helping me out when I had
problems.

Farewell, and hopefully our paths will cross again!

Tomh
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 7:49 PM, Tom Lichti <tom@redpepperracing.com> wrote:

>
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Les Gondor <les.gondor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How can you tell the Mythbox was a Christmas present to myself?
>>
>> Number of shows: 1279
>> Number of episodes: 61184
>> First recording: Friday December 24th, 2004
>> Last recording: Monday May 22nd, 2017
>> Total Running Time: 12 years 4 months 27 days 16 hrs 48 mins
>> Total Recorded: 5 years 2 days 18 hrs 16 mins
>> Percent of time spent recording: 40%
>>
>> One replaced motherboard, two different cases, several disks and it's
>> been running pretty well continuously since it was first put together.
>>
>> Many thanks to the devs and all involved.
>>
>> Les
>>
>>
>>
> It's been a good run:
>
> Number of shows: 772
> Number of episodes: 26350
> First recording: Saturday March 19th, 2005
> Last recording: Friday May 26th, 2017
> Total Running Time: 12 years 2 months 7 days 2 hrs 46 mins
> Total Recorded: 3 years 3 months 21 days 15 hrs 12 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 27%
>
> I actually started using MythTV in early February, but I did a complete
> re-install once I figured everything out. Anyway, it is being shut down
> permanently, I've got 3 Roku's running with Netflix, Plex, Youtube and NHL
> TV, and there is no looking back, MythTV has outlived it's usefulness in
> our household, so it's time to retire it. Much appreciation to the devs
> over the years who have made the experience as great as it has in the last
> 12 years,, and thanks to the community for helping me out when I had
> problems.
>
> Farewell, and hopefully our paths will cross again!
>
> Tomh
>
>
Are you interested in selling off any parts? I might be interested in a HD
Homerun Prime if you (or anyone) wants to unload one.

Karl
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
>> It's been a good run:

>> Number of shows: 772>> Number of episodes: 26350>> First recording: Saturday March 19th, 2005>> Last recording: Friday May 26th, 2017>> Total Running Time: 12 years 2 months 7 days 2 hrs 46 mins>> Total Recorded: 3 years 3 months 21 days 15 hrs 12 mins>> Percent of time spent recording: 27% 
>> I actually started using MythTV in early February, but I did a complete re-install once I figured everything out. Anyway, it is being shut down permanently, I've got 3 Roku's running with >> Netflix, Plex, Youtube and NHL TV, and there is no looking back, MythTV has outlived it's usefulness in our household, so it's time to retire it. Much appreciation to the devs over the years >> who have made the experience as great as it has in the last 12 years,, and thanks to the community for helping me out when I had problems.
>> Farewell, and hopefully our paths will cross again!
>> Tomh
Curious, right at 12 years on MythTV.  I remember I Initially put it up to record kid shows (Teletubbies, Seseme Street), but it changed how our whole family watched TV.  Now I'm teaching my kids how to drive, and I haven't found any compelling reason to leave MythTV. Mainly because you get HD OTA with commercial skip, which is lacking in every other solution.  Plus, it's a computer that can do most everything else (and much, much more) that the plethora of media devices out there provide.  
Sad to see the user base dwindling for this great product, why did you switch?
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
>
>
> Are you interested in selling off any parts? I might be interested in a HD
> Homerun Prime if you (or anyone) wants to unload one.
>
> Karl
>
>
I don't have any Prime's, I have 3 HDHR's, I believe one is an original,
and 2 are HDHR3's, but I'd have to double check.

Tom
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
David and Tom, we all started within months of each other....12 years ago!

Number of shows: 1071
Number of episodes: 17550
First recording: Saturday April 9th, 2005
Last recording: Sunday May 28th, 2017
Total Running Time: 12 years 1 month 17 days 17 hrs 13 mins
Total Recorded: 1 year 9 months 6 days 13 hrs 27 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 14%

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Tom Lichti <tom@redpepperracing.com> wrote:

>
>> Are you interested in selling off any parts? I might be interested in a
>> HD Homerun Prime if you (or anyone) wants to unload one.
>>
>> Karl
>>
>>
> I don't have any Prime's, I have 3 HDHR's, I believe one is an original,
> and 2 are HDHR3's, but I'd have to double check.
>
> Tom
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
>
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
I'll join in the fun too. Huge thanks to all the dev's. This device has
the best part of my entertainment system bar none. Solid and reliable
performance with a high WAF. Automatic commercial skip is still the gold
standard that no other commercial DVR can match. Lots of hardware changes
over the past 14 years, but its the original database.

Number of shows:654
Number of episodes:16543
First recording:Sunday March 16th, 2003
Last recording:Saturday May 27th, 2017
Total Running Time:14 years 2 months 11 days 15 hrs 44 mins
Total Recorded:1 year 9 months 27 days 12 hrs 36 mins
Percent of time spent recording:12%

mark
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
Number of shows: 1282
Number of episodes: 17291
First recording: Monday October 30th, 2006
Last recording: Tuesday May 30th, 2017
Total Running Time: 10 years 6 months 30 days 1 hr 28 mins
Total Recorded: 2 years 29 days 22 hrs 14 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 19%

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Mark Covington <markcov@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll join in the fun too. Huge thanks to all the dev's. This device has
> the best part of my entertainment system bar none. Solid and reliable
> performance with a high WAF. Automatic commercial skip is still the gold
> standard that no other commercial DVR can match. Lots of hardware changes
> over the past 14 years, but its the original database.
>
> Number of shows:654
> Number of episodes:16543
> First recording:Sunday March 16th, 2003
> Last recording:Saturday May 27th, 2017
> Total Running Time:14 years 2 months 11 days 15 hrs 44 mins
> Total Recorded:1 year 9 months 27 days 12 hrs 36 mins
> Percent of time spent recording:12%
>
> mark
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Wish My MythTv server Happy birthday! [ In reply to ]
>
>
> Curious, right at 12 years on MythTV. I remember I Initially put it up to
> record kid shows (Teletubbies, Seseme Street), but it changed how our whole
> family watched TV. Now I'm teaching my kids how to drive, and I haven't
> found any compelling reason to leave MythTV. Mainly because you get HD OTA
> with commercial skip, which is lacking in every other solution. Plus, it's
> a computer that can do most everything else (and much, much more) that the
> plethora of media devices out there provide.
>
> Sad to see the user base dwindling for this great product, why did you
> switch?
>
>
Mostly because we found that all we were watching was streamed content (90%
Netflix, with Plex, Crackle and NHL TV mixed in for the rest) and to make
that work in the MythTV ecosystem, and more importantly be user friendly,
was more effort than I was looking to put into it. The only thing I was
recording with MythTV was on one channel that we could stream through Plex.
Plus my MythTV backend crashed and I didn't even know for almost two weeks.
That was when I knew that I was done with MythTV.

We have no regrets with the Roku, the first one I bought because we got a
4K TV, but didn't have anything that could supply 4K, so I got the Roku
Premiere+, and we liked it so much that I got 2 more, and might get
another. It does everything that we want, the UI is straightforward, and it
just works. Add a Sideclick to the remote and it's pretty much perfect for
us.

Tom