Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  View All
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/9/2014 5:49 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 10/09/2014 07:05 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> > OK. I put the mfdb output here (http://pastebin.com/7rUiRbzd). I
> noticed that I did not get the "Failed to fetch some program info"
> message
>> at the end, so that may be unrelated. I'm running 0.21-fixes.
>>
>> I am suspicious that my issue is similar to the one Leo Butler
>> reports (in this same thread) with two lineups. The channels I am
>> missing are
>> from one of my two lineups. I have two lineups configured on the SD
>> web site, and the current service sends listings for both and mfdb
>> fills in
>> the database just fine.
>
> Hi,
>
> Oops, I'm not going to be of much help here, I'm running 0.28-pre.
>
> I looked at fixes/0.21 and it appears to have the -dd-grab-all
> flag. You might just try it and see if you get your 2nd source.
> The only reasons I know of for not using it (learned from reading
> this list) is if you have an underpowered host or some huge
> number of channels.
>
> In 0.28-pre, mythfilldatabase --help refresh-all reports, in part:
>
> If being used with datadirect, this option should not be used,
> rather use --dd-grab-all to pull all listings each time.
>
> For the record, I have 2 sources and am getting data for both.
>
> At the risk of asking a dumb question, how are you detecting the
> missing channels?
>
> For those playing along and comfortable taking a peek with mysql,
> here's the query I used to verify that I'm getting data:
>
> SELECT chanid,starttime,title FROM program WHERE chanid = 2602
> ORDER BY starttime DESC LIMIT 20;
>
> Of course I changed chanid to look different channels in both sources.

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all reports, "illegal option: '--dd-grab-all'
(use --help)"

I know that something is not working, because selecting listings from
mythweb shows NO DATA for half of my channels when using the new
replacement service, and shows listings for all of them when using the
existing service. So there is something different about it.

I will try to capture a TCP dump later today to see if the missing
listings data is being sent by the SD service or not.
Jay
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 08:58 AM, leo.butler@member.ams.org wrote:

>>> Yes. The log is at
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/kNgbAFr8
..
>> Sorry Leo, just to explicitly ask the question - So when you removed the entry
>> from /etc/hosts you got all your missing listings data?
>

> Yes, I believe I did. To answer Bill Meek's question, I looked at
> Information Center -> System Status -> Schedule Status on the
> frontend. Before, I had no recordings scheduled using the analog source
> sd-cable, and after, I have 35 scheduled recordings using that source.
> $ mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.27.3-164-g629f711

That's a pretty good test! Bad news is that mine is A-OK.

Equally bad is I'm running out of ideas.

1. Any chance you modified any lineup information in MythTV
after you started testing with the new service? If the
answer is yes, ignore the rest of this response.

2. Please pastebin the output of this:

HOSTNAME=localhost
wget --quiet --output-document=- $HOSTNAME:6544/Channel/GetVideoSourceList | \
sed -e 's/></>\n</g' | egrep -v 'Password|UserId'

*Be super careful, the commands above will remove your
SD UserId and Password, but check before pasting!!!* It's
to be run on your backend (or change HOSTNAME=localhost
as required.)

3. Here's the script I use to see if the new and old
hosts are working: http://pastebin.com/N4UvEeTR
It might be worth running it with and without the
/etc/hosts entry. [.the Title & Subtitle are intentionally
truncated to fit on a terminal window]

--
Bill
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 9:21 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 10/9/2014 5:49 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 10/09/2014 07:05 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
>> > OK. I put the mfdb output here (http://pastebin.com/7rUiRbzd). I
>> noticed that I did not get the "Failed to fetch some program info"
>> message
>>> at the end, so that may be unrelated. I'm running 0.21-fixes.
>>>
>>> I am suspicious that my issue is similar to the one Leo Butler
>>> reports (in this same thread) with two lineups. The channels I am
>>> missing are
>>> from one of my two lineups. I have two lineups configured on the SD
>>> web site, and the current service sends listings for both and mfdb
>>> fills in
>>> the database just fine.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Oops, I'm not going to be of much help here, I'm running 0.28-pre.
>>
>> I looked at fixes/0.21 and it appears to have the -dd-grab-all
>> flag. You might just try it and see if you get your 2nd source.
>> The only reasons I know of for not using it (learned from reading
>> this list) is if you have an underpowered host or some huge
>> number of channels.
>>
>> In 0.28-pre, mythfilldatabase --help refresh-all reports, in part:
>>
>> If being used with datadirect, this option should not be used,
>> rather use --dd-grab-all to pull all listings each time.
>>
>> For the record, I have 2 sources and am getting data for both.
>>
>> At the risk of asking a dumb question, how are you detecting the
>> missing channels?
>>
>> For those playing along and comfortable taking a peek with mysql,
>> here's the query I used to verify that I'm getting data:
>>
>> SELECT chanid,starttime,title FROM program WHERE chanid = 2602
>> ORDER BY starttime DESC LIMIT 20;
>>
>> Of course I changed chanid to look different channels in both sources.
>>
> mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all reports, "illegal option:
> '--dd-grab-all' (use --help)"
>
> I know that something is not working, because selecting listings from
> mythweb shows NO DATA for half of my channels when using the new
> replacement service, and shows listings for all of them when using the
> existing service. So there is something different about it.
>
> I will try to capture a TCP dump later today to see if the missing
> listings data is being sent by the SD service or not.
> Jay

I captured the TCP dump from running mythfilldatabase with the new
service and compared it with a previous one using the existing working
service. I can confirm that the listings data for the missing channels
is NOT in the data sent by SD. So there is something different with the
new service causing it to not send all of the data. The new service is
only including data for one lineup, not both as the existing service does.

Another oddity is the output of mfdb:
The existing (working) output contains:
2014-10-09 16:49:02.062 Found 45 channels for source 1 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:50:33.163 Found 45 channels for source 2 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:51:01.601 Found 42 channels for source 3 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:51:29.792 Found 15 channels for source 4 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:51:54.185 Found 16 channels for source 5 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:52:18.952 Found 17 channels for source 6 which use grabber

The new (non working) output contains:
2014-10-09 16:43:04.863 Found 45 channels for source 1 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:43:55.127 Found 44 channels for source 2 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:44:16.201 Found 41 channels for source 3 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:44:36.977 Found 14 channels for source 4 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:44:54.990 Found 15 channels for source 5 which use grabber
2014-10-09 16:45:13.320 Found 16 channels for source 6 which use grabber

Except for source 1, the new service is off by one on the number of
channels it found.
Jay
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
If we have changed the hosts file and are experiencing no issues, should
that be reported here? If so, consider this a positive report.
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 12:46 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> If we have changed the hosts file and are experiencing no issues, should
> that be reported here? If so, consider this a positive report.

I'd suggest not, however reports should always include the MythTV version
(and because of the 2 users with missing sources), the number of sources
folks have.

Good to hear another working system!

--
Bill
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 12:32 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> I captured the TCP dump from running mythfilldatabase with the new service and compared it with a previous one using the existing working
> service. I can confirm that the listings data for the missing channels is NOT in the data sent by SD. So there is something different with the
> new service causing it to not send all of the data. The new service is only including data for one lineup, not both as the existing service does.

Robert gets to comment on that one :)

> Another oddity is the output of mfdb:
> The existing (working) output contains:
> 2014-10-09 16:49:02.062 Found 45 channels for source 1 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:50:33.163 Found 45 channels for source 2 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:51:01.601 Found 42 channels for source 3 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:51:29.792 Found 15 channels for source 4 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:51:54.185 Found 16 channels for source 5 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:52:18.952 Found 17 channels for source 6 which use grabber
>
> The new (non working) output contains:
> 2014-10-09 16:43:04.863 Found 45 channels for source 1 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:43:55.127 Found 44 channels for source 2 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:44:16.201 Found 41 channels for source 3 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:44:36.977 Found 14 channels for source 4 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:44:54.990 Found 15 channels for source 5 which use grabber
> 2014-10-09 16:45:13.320 Found 16 channels for source 6 which use grabber

That is odd. The channel count (in 0.28-pre) is a direct result of a
query on the mythconverg.channel table. There's no math involved. It's
a count of the number of channels per source with XMLTVIDs.

I see in an earlier thread you mentioned "I have two lineups configured
on the SD web site", but you have 6 sources (Tuner #1-3 and Local #1-3.)
I won't say that's wrong, but I'd expect that you'd have 2 sources.

(still trying to figure out why you and Leo are missing things)

--
Bill
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 12:32 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> I captured the TCP dump from running mythfilldatabase with the new service and compared it with a previous one using the existing working service.
> I can confirm that the listings data for the missing channels is NOT in the data sent by SD. So there is something different with the new service
> causing it to not send all of the data. The new service is only including data for one lineup, not both as the existing service does.

I just checked the sd-dd database and confirmed I only had one lineup for you. I deleted the lineup in sd-dd so the next time you connect, it will
get the lineup list from Tribune.

Did you recently add the second lineup?

(I hope to have normal lineup updates working over the weekend)

Robert

Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 3:44 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 10/10/2014 12:32 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
>> I captured the TCP dump from running mythfilldatabase with the new
>> service and compared it with a previous one using the existing
>> working service. I can confirm that the listings data for the
>> missing channels is NOT in the data sent by SD. So there is
>> something different with the new service causing it to not send all
>> of the data. The new service is only including data for one lineup,
>> not both as the existing service does.
>>
> I just checked the sd-dd database and confirmed I only had one lineup
> for you. I deleted the lineup in sd-dd so the next time you connect,
> it will get the lineup list from Tribune.
>
> Did you recently add the second lineup?
>
> (I hope to have normal lineup updates working over the weekend)
>
> Robert

I just did a new pull, and am still only getting data for one lineup. I
have had two lineups configured on the existing SD website for 5+ years.

For example, with the existing SD service, my download data contains:
<lineup id='PC:90210' name='Local Broadcast Listings' location='Antenna'
type='LocalBroadcast' postalCode='90210'>
<lineup id='PC:92126' name='Local Broadcast Listings' location='Antenna'
type='LocalBroadcast' postalCode='92126'>

and the new download data contains:
<lineup id='PC:92126' name='Local Broadcast Listings' location='San
Diego' type='LocalBroadcast' device='LocalBroadcast' postalCode='92126' >

Jay
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 6:28 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> I just did a new pull, and am still only getting data for one lineup. I have had two lineups configured on the existing SD website for 5+ years.

Thanks for the info.. bug confirmed and squashed ( primary key caused one two drop with two close broadcast lineups).

Next time you download you should get two lineups.

Thanks for the report!

Robert

Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> writes:

> ..
>>> Sorry Leo, just to explicitly ask the question - So when you removed the entry
>>> from /etc/hosts you got all your missing listings data?
>>

>> Yes, I believe I did. To answer Bill Meek's question, I looked at
>> Information Center -> System Status -> Schedule Status on the
>> frontend. Before, I had no recordings scheduled using the analog source
>> sd-cable, and after, I have 35 scheduled recordings using that source.
>> $ mythbackend --version
>> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>> MythTV Version : v0.27.3-164-g629f711
>
> That's a pretty good test! Bad news is that mine is A-OK.
>
> Equally bad is I'm running out of ideas.
>
> 1. Any chance you modified any lineup information in MythTV
> after you started testing with the new service? If the
> answer is yes, ignore the rest of this response.

No, I have not changed any lineup information.

http://pastebin.com/wj76vLkq

> *Be super careful, the commands above will remove your
> SD UserId and Password, but check before pasting!!!* It's
> to be run on your backend (or change HOSTNAME=localhost
> as required.)
>
> 3. Here's the script I use to see if the new and old
> hosts are working: http://pastebin.com/N4UvEeTR
> It might be worth running it with and without the
> /etc/hosts entry. [.the Title & Subtitle are intentionally
> truncated to fit on a terminal window]

I put your script in my pastebin, with acknowledgements, thanks.
http://pastebin.com/vd7bEUTd

At the moment, my mfdb runs with the new sd service are erroring out due
to a timeout problem. This is new for me, but I think this is probably
the one that Gary Buhrmaster has been discussing in this thread. Our
internet service goes to crap over the weekend...damn netflix streaming.

I'll pastebin the output of your script for the old and new sources once
I have both.

Leo
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 11:20 AM, leo.butler@member.ams.org wrote:
> At the moment, my mfdb runs with the new sd service are erroring out due
> to a timeout problem. This is new for me, but I think this is probably
> the one that Gary Buhrmaster has been discussing in this thread. Our
> internet service goes to crap over the weekend...damn netflix streaming.

I suspect a different issue.

It seems that the IP address has changed. The old new address was:
54.164.149.223 and the new one is: 54.210.29.17.

There are actually 2 addresses (of the load balancer) and anyone
can find the current ones by typing: host dd.schedulesdirect.org

I'll update the Wiki when I get some confirmation regarding the
change.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedules_Direct_Replacement_Service

I'm wondering if you're experiencing the same problem as Jay.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/577535#577535

which has been fixed. If you try the new address, the problem may
have gone away.

If not, I can explain how to capture the raw data before mythfilldatabase
removes it.

--
Bill
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 11:37 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> It seems that the IP address has changed. The old new address was:
> 54.164.149.223 and the new one is: 54.210.29.17.
>
> There are actually 2 addresses (of the load balancer) and anyone
> can find the current ones by typing: host dd.schedulesdirect.org

Looks like Amazon changes their load balancer IPs quite often. The best thing to do is use the dd.schedulesdirect.org address. If you need to edit
your hosts file, use this address: 54.85.117.227 That's a floating IP currently assigned to the server. If we need to run our own load balancer,
I'll move that IP over to it.

Robert

Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 11:10 AM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 10/11/2014 11:37 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> It seems that the IP address has changed. The old new address was:
>> 54.164.149.223 and the new one is: 54.210.29.17.
>>
>> There are actually 2 addresses (of the load balancer) and anyone
>> can find the current ones by typing: host dd.schedulesdirect.org
>
> Looks like Amazon changes their load balancer IPs quite often. The
> best thing to do is use the dd.schedulesdirect.org address. If you
> need to edit your hosts file, use this address: 54.85.117.227
> That's a floating IP currently assigned to the server. If we need to
> run our own load balancer, I'll move that IP over to it.
>
> Robert

The 54.85.117.227 address worked for me. Got a few timeouts but the
data did download. Do we have any idea if this address is going to
change in the future too?

Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On Oct 11, 2014 6:53 PM, "Kirk Bocek" <t004@kbocek.com> wrote:

> The 54.85.117.227 address worked for me. Got a few timeouts but the data
did download. Do we have any idea if this address is going to change in the
future too?

Unless this is an AWS elastic IP assigned, the answer is yes.

No doubt one could create a script to update /etc/hosts on some regular
basis if one cannot google and run RPZ, update your source, or wait for
your distro rebuild.
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2014 6:53 PM, "Kirk Bocek" <t004@kbocek.com> wrote:
>

> > The 54.85.117.227 address worked for me. Got a few timeouts but the
> data did download. Do we have any idea if this address is going to change
> in the future too?
>
> Unless this is an AWS elastic IP assigned, the answer is yes.
>
> No doubt one could create a script to update /etc/hosts on some regular
> basis if one cannot google and run RPZ, update your source, or wait for
> your distro rebuild.

my /etc/hosts is using this IP 54.84.32.205 , updated this morning at 4:08
successful. Do I need to sub in this IP 54.85.117.227 for future success?
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 4:15 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2014 6:53 PM, "Kirk Bocek" <t004@kbocek.com <mailto:t004@kbocek.com>> wrote:
>

> > The 54.85.117.227 address worked for me. Got a few timeouts but the data did download. Do we have any idea if this address is going to change in
> the future too?
>
> Unless this is an AWS elastic IP assigned, the answer is yes.

It is an AWS elastic IP, so it shouldn't change.

Robert
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 04:59 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> my /etc/hosts is using this IP 54.84.32.205 , updated this morning at 4:08
> successful. Do I need to sub in this IP 54.85.117.227 for future success?

Yes.

--
Bill
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
Robert Eden <rmeden@gmail.com> says:
> If you need to edit your hosts file, use this address: 54.85.117.227
> That's a floating IP currently assigned to the server.

So is this IP preferable to whatever dd.schedulesdirect.org points to
at a given moment?

Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/11/2014 11:20 AM, leo.butler@member.ams.org wrote:
>> At the moment, my mfdb runs with the new sd service are erroring out due
>> to a timeout problem. This is new for me, but I think this is probably
>> the one that Gary Buhrmaster has been discussing in this thread. Our
>> internet service goes to crap over the weekend...damn netflix streaming.
>>

> I suspect a different issue.
>
> It seems that the IP address has changed. The old new address was:
> 54.164.149.223 and the new one is: 54.210.29.17.
>
> There are actually 2 addresses (of the load balancer) and anyone
> can find the current ones by typing: host dd.schedulesdirect.org
>
> I'll update the Wiki when I get some confirmation regarding the
> change.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedules_Direct_Replacement_Service
>
> I'm wondering if you're experiencing the same problem as Jay.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/577535#577535
>
> which has been fixed. If you try the new address, the problem may
> have gone away.
>
> If not, I can explain how to capture the raw data before mythfilldatabase
> removes it.

Ok, I updated my hosts file (54.85.117.227 from a later message) and
that seemed to solve the error.

Now, I am back to the original problem: missing or mishandled data from
one of the sd sources. Here are the upcoming recordings and log file

legacy:
http://pastebin.com/YC2csF10
http://pastebin.com/4zvdkr2E

beta:
http://pastebin.com/veKHxNrR
http://pastebin.com/tNS36VN9

Leo
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:10 PM, <leo.butler@member.ams.org> wrote:

> Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On 10/11/2014 11:20 AM, leo.butler@member.ams.org wrote:
> >> At the moment, my mfdb runs with the new sd service are erroring out due
> >> to a timeout problem. This is new for me, but I think this is probably
> >> the one that Gary Buhrmaster has been discussing in this thread. Our
> >> internet service goes to crap over the weekend...damn netflix streaming.
> >>

> > I suspect a different issue.
> >
> > It seems that the IP address has changed. The old new address was:
> > 54.164.149.223 and the new one is: 54.210.29.17.
> >
> > There are actually 2 addresses (of the load balancer) and anyone
> > can find the current ones by typing: host dd.schedulesdirect.org
> >
> > I'll update the Wiki when I get some confirmation regarding the
> > change.
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedules_Direct_Replacement_Service
> >
> > I'm wondering if you're experiencing the same problem as Jay.
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/577535#577535
> >
> > which has been fixed. If you try the new address, the problem may
> > have gone away.
> >
> > If not, I can explain how to capture the raw data before mythfilldatabase
> > removes it.
>
> Ok, I updated my hosts file (54.85.117.227 from a later message) and
> that seemed to solve the error.
>
> Now, I am back to the original problem: missing or mishandled data from
> one of the sd sources. Here are the upcoming recordings and log file
>
> legacy:
> http://pastebin.com/YC2csF10
> http://pastebin.com/4zvdkr2E
>
> beta:
> http://pastebin.com/veKHxNrR
> http://pastebin.com/tNS36VN9
>
> Leo

Thanks Bill
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 8:19 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Robert Eden <rmeden@gmail.com> says:
>> If you need to edit your hosts file, use this address: 54.85.117.227
>> That's a floating IP currently assigned to the server.
> So is this IP preferable to whatever dd.schedulesdirect.org points to
> at a given moment?

No. dd.schedulesdirect.org is preferred. I'll point that where it needs to go.

Robert

Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 09:34 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 10/11/2014 8:19 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>> Robert Eden <rmeden@gmail.com> says:
>>> If you need to edit your hosts file, use this address: 54.85.117.227
>>> That's a floating IP currently assigned to the server.
>> So is this IP preferable to whatever dd.schedulesdirect.org points to
>> at a given moment?
>>
> No. dd.schedulesdirect.org is preferred. I'll point that where it needs to go.

But if Yeechang means what address is preferred for the /etc/hosts
solution, then 54.85.117.227 is correct. At least that's what I
updated the Wiki to say.

--
Bill
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 9:39 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 10/11/2014 09:34 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
>> On 10/11/2014 8:19 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>>> Robert Eden <rmeden@gmail.com> says:
>>> So is this IP preferable to whatever dd.schedulesdirect.org points to
>>> at a given moment?
>>>
>> No. dd.schedulesdirect.org is preferred. I'll point that where it needs to go.
>
> But if Yeechang means what address is preferred for the /etc/hosts
> solution, then 54.85.117.227 is correct. At least that's what I
> updated the Wiki to say.

Yes, he (and you) are right then.

1. Use dd.schedulesdirect.org if you can use a hostname.
2. Use 54.85.117.227 if you have to hard code an address in /etc/hosts.

Robert

Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Robert Eden <rmeden@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Use dd.schedulesdirect.org if you can use a hostname.
> 2. Use 54.85.117.227 if you have to hard code an address in /etc/hosts.
>
> Robert

Thanks for the clarification. I can see that the only reference to
either of the affected host names in the MythTV source appears to be
the following, so I'm going to try the following patch some time over
the next few days:

--- libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp 2014-10-12 10:54:02.000000000 -0400
+++ libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp 2014-10-12 10:54:44.000000000 -0400
@@ -555,7 +555,7 @@
"/ztvws/ztvws_login/1,1059,TMS01-1,00.html");
DataDirectURLs urls1(
"Schedules Direct",
- "http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com"
+ "http://dd.schedulesdirect.org"
"/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService",
"http://schedulesdirect.org",
"/login/index.php");

...and will see how that goes...only until there's something official
available of course.

Thanks again!
Tom
Re: Schedules Direct DataDirect replacement service testing [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2014 09:10 PM, leo.butler@member.ams.org wrote:
> Ok, I updated my hosts file (54.85.117.227 from a later message) and
> that seemed to solve the error.
>
> Now, I am back to the original problem: missing or mishandled data from
> one of the sd sources. Here are the upcoming recordings and log file
>
> legacy:
> http://pastebin.com/YC2csF10
> http://pastebin.com/4zvdkr2E
>
> beta:
> http://pastebin.com/veKHxNrR
> http://pastebin.com/tNS36VN9

Hi,

The IP address for /etc/hosts has changed yet again, the new new
one is: 54.85.117.227 (I don't think it will affect your results,
but should be used in /etc/hosts.)

The chanids look to be from both sources assuming 1xxx is still
sd-cable and 2xxx sd-digital. I don't know why there's no information
in System Status -> Schedule Status. I'd expect to see less, not none.
(Based on seeing 60 Minutes and White Collar (1004 & 1010) near the
bottom of the beta upcoming.)

A side by side diff shows 29 shows missing (on the right/beta), and
8 shows that are recording on a different channel with the beta info.
You can see everything by removing the "|grep -v '($'" on the 1st
line

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=0NaqbiR2

Robert, can you access Leo's SD-DD file and see if:

1004 Oct 12 2014 19:01 Madam Secretary Just Another Normal Day

is in it? On my system, it's EP019222940004 and I assume that's the same
for everyone. Maybe if the reason that Madam Secretary is understood,
the rest of the missing programs will be explained.

--
Bill