clear the password by removing it from the recgrouppassword table.

Is this a known issue - is anyone else having the same problem?

To reproduce, in Watch Recordings select a Recording Group like All
Programmes press m choose Change Group Password enter a password. Try
to access All Programmes, enter the correct password and it does not
work.

I have recently upgraded from 0.24 to 0.26.

TIA
Re: Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password? [ In reply to ]
On 11/10/2012 05:34 AM, nospam312 wrote:
> I have password protected some Recording Groups but it does not appear
> to accept the correct password even though I am using the correct
> password?
>
> The only method I can get access back to the recording group is to
> clear the password by removing it from the recgrouppassword table.
>
> Is this a known issue - is anyone else having the same problem?
>
> To reproduce, in Watch Recordings select a Recording Group like All
> Programmes press m choose Change Group Password enter a password. Try
> to access All Programmes, enter the correct password and it does not
> work.
>
> I have recently upgraded from 0.24 to 0.26.

Hi;

I tried your test, but the passwords work OK (never used 'em before.) I'm
running 0.27-pre and using the Steppes 1.10 theme. $LANG and $LC_ALL
are both set to en_US.UTF-8.

I looked at recgrouppassword before testing and it had 1 line (for
'All Programs'.) After adding, then deleting the password via the GUI,
that table was empty.

--
Bill
Re: Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password? [ In reply to ]
> I tried your test, but the passwords work OK (never used 'em before.) I'm
> running 0.27-pre and using the Steppes 1.10 theme. $LANG and $LC_ALL
> are both set to en_US.UTF-8.
>
> I looked at recgrouppassword before testing and it had 1 line (for
> 'All Programs'.) After adding, then deleting the password via the GUI,
> that table was empty.

I am running 0.26fixes and even if I set to a simple one character
password it does not work.

I enter the password and click OK and it returns me to the main menu
instead of showing my All Programmes. I am just using All Programmes
as an example as everyone should have this entry.

Could this be something fixed in 0.27?

Is anyone using 0.26 and could check if they get the same problem?
(ensure you know how to delete the password afterwards otherwise you
will be locked out of All Programmes)

I am using the Mythbuntu theme / Mythbuntu 12.04.

Do I need to check $LANG and $LC_ALL somewhere - could that be the problem?

Thanks
Re: Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password? [ In reply to ]
On 11/10/2012 04:13 PM, nospam312 wrote:
> I enter the password and click OK and it returns me to the main menu
> instead of showing my All Programmes. I am just using All Programmes
> as an example as everyone should have this entry.

FYI, I was testing with a keyboard as opposed to an IR remote (I don't have
one.)

> Could this be something fixed in 0.27?

I looked with git log, but can't find any fixes. That's no guarantee that
there isn't one there.

> I am using the Mythbuntu theme / Mythbuntu 12.04.

I switched to the Mythbuntu 26.15 theme/ubuntu 12.04, still works OK.

> Do I need to check $LANG and $LC_ALL somewhere - could that be the problem?

I suspect Mythbuntu sets that up correctly, but I tested with them unset,
still no problem. I mentioned it because the frontend code that handles
the recgrouppasswords makes mention of ProgramInfo::i18n().

You'd see a warning message in your frontend log that begins with:

W This application expects to be running a locale that specifies a UTF-8...

I'll sign off and let somebody with 0.26 try.

--
Bill
Re: Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password? [ In reply to ]
On 11/10/2012 04:13 PM, nospam312 wrote:
> I enter the password and click OK and it returns me to the main menu
> instead of showing my All Programmes. I am just using All Programmes
> as an example as everyone should have this entry.
I am using 0.26-fixes, and it "works for me" as expected. It's worth
noting that, if I intentionally enter an incorrect password, it doesn't
return me to the main menu. Rather, it shows a completely blank
recordings list. This is also what happens if I press Esc to clear the
dialog.

This suggests that there is something wrong with your setup or binary.
You might try running with "-v all" to see if there is some sort of
error. Also, which paint engine are you using, OpenGL or Qt? If
possible, try switching. Finally, try using a different theme. Perhaps
this dialog is damaged in the one you're using.
Re: Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password? [ In reply to ]
>> I enter the password and click OK and it returns me to the main menu
>> instead of showing my All Programmes. I am just using All Programmes
>> as an example as everyone should have this entry.
>
> I am using 0.26-fixes, and it "works for me" as expected. It's worth noting
> that, if I intentionally enter an incorrect password, it doesn't return me
> to the main menu. Rather, it shows a completely blank recordings list. This
> is also what happens if I press Esc to clear the dialog.
>
> This suggests that there is something wrong with your setup or binary. You
> might try running with "-v all" to see if there is some sort of error. Also,
> which paint engine are you using, OpenGL or Qt? If possible, try switching.
> Finally, try using a different theme. Perhaps this dialog is damaged in the
> one you're using.

Can you try enabling Setup - Video - Playback - 5/8 Always Prompt For
Initial Group Filter and try again.

It appears this option is causing the problem as if I turn it off the
password works fine, turn if on and the password does not work.

I am using OpenGL, does not appear to be any UTF8 warnings in the log,
Mythbuntu theme, 0.26fixes and wireless keyboard.

Thanks
Re: Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password? [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/12 6:34 AM, nospam312 wrote:
> Can you try enabling Setup - Video - Playback - 5/8 Always Prompt For
> Initial Group Filter and try again. It appears this option is causing
> the problem as if I turn it off the password works fine, turn if on
> and the password does not work.
Yes, you are correct. Whenever this option is enabled, the location
changes back to the main menu before the password dialog even appears.

I suggest you file a bug report. Be sure to include the fact that you're
using "Always Prompt".