it runns xbmc with have plugins for international tv that mythtv does
not support. I would like to watch live tv on xbmc and my intrnational
tv.
Re: android frontend [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM, jacek burghardt
<jaceksburghardt@gmail.com>wrote:

> Is anyone running one of those mini pc with android with mythfront end or
> xbmc.
> Is xbmc working with mythtv now. I have box that acts as backend and
> it runns xbmc with have plugins for international tv that mythtv does
> not support. I would like to watch live tv on xbmc and my intrnational
> tv.

xbmc using mythtv:// as a video source on mythtv 0.26 is busted. I think
the mythbox xbmc plugin is also busted with mythtv 0.26. These are on just
a generic ubuntu PC. UPNP works.

Re: Android frontend [ In reply to ]
On 04/16/2018 02:38 AM, Tom Harris wrote:
> There have been a couple mentions here about the Android TV frontend
> in development.    Is there any information published anywhere?
>
> I’m wondering things like:
> - Feature set?  Is it a full frontend?
It is a full frontend with some additional feature to work with the
limited remote on devices like NVidia Shield. See
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13234
> - Limitations? Any issues with MPEG-2 playback?
There are no issues at the moment. Still to be done is hardware decode,
but it works on NVidia Shield with software decode on 1080 HD MPEG2 and
H264.
> - Is this android only?  Is there an iOS effort too?
I have no idea on IOS.
> - HW device support?  List of supported devices?  Any HDMI stick devices?

I am developing with NVidia Shield. Other developers have other android
TV devices, I am not sure of the details.

You can get more info from the tickets here
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=closed&status=infoneeded&status=infoneeded_new&status=new&status=started&component=Ports+-+Android&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority