Mailing List Archive

mythexport or nuvexport
Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.

I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.

Does anyone know what I should do?

My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
commercial cut points.

I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
pretty decent.

Let me know what you think.

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>
> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
>
> Does anyone know what I should do?
>
> My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
> recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
> commercial cut points.
>
> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
> pretty decent.
>
> Let me know what you think.

I've been getting great results setting up user jobs to use
mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
the script I use:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>
> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
>
> Does anyone know what I should do?
>
> My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
> recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
> commercial cut points.
>
> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
> pretty decent.
>
> Let me know what you think.

I'm not sure why you're getting a 500 error, but in any case I know that
mythexport doesn't honour cutlists.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 10/01/2012 02:26 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
>> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>>
>> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
>> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I should do?
>>
>> My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
>> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
>> recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
>> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
>> commercial cut points.
>>
>> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
>> pretty decent.
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>
> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs to use
> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
> the script I use:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>
> Cheers,
> Paul.

I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts out nuv files.
In the rare occasion I want to copy a cartoon to my phone for the kids
on a car ride, I don't think the nuv's will work on android. Am I
correct? Or does mythtranscode output into other formats now?

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 10/01/2012 03:19 AM, John Veness wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
>> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>>
>> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
>> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I should do?
>>
>> My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
>> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
>> recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
>> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
>> commercial cut points.
>>
>> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
>> pretty decent.
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>
> I'm not sure why you're getting a 500 error, but in any case I know
> that mythexport doesn't honour cutlists.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

Agh,

But, couldn't I first do a lossless transcode (not sure how to do one,
but I've heard of it) to get rid of the commercials, then run it to the
mythexport program...assuming I could get it working?

Off topic, but Integrating exporting recordings directly into myth would
be the best new feature I could think of...especially with the explosion
of smartphones and tablets out there. I would be willing to bet that
half of the myth community could use this type of feature.

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 01/10/2012 17:24, Myth Steve wrote:
> On 10/01/2012 02:26 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>>> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
>>> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>>>
>>> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
>>> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what I should do?
>>>
>>> My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
>>> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
>>> recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
>>> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
>>> commercial cut points.
>>>
>>> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
>>> pretty decent.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs to use
>> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
>> the script I use:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Paul.
>>

> I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts out nuv files.
> In the rare occasion I want to copy a cartoon to my phone for the kids
> on a car ride, I don't think the nuv's will work on android. Am I
> correct? Or does mythtranscode output into other formats now?

mythtranscode in fifodir mode outputs decoded raw video and audio to
two pipes. You can use another program in tandem to recompress. The
script I linked to uses ffmpeg.
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 09:24 -0700, Myth Steve wrote:
> I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts out nuv
> files.

Steve,

Files encoded from a hardware MPEG encoding adapter are called .mpg and
files produced by software encoding are named .nuv
At the beginning all files were .nuv files.
The format are basically the same the names are different.
In my case for example the hd-pvr makes .mpg files. If i have a cutlist
and I want to remove it, I have to reencoded and they become .nuv files
I may be wrong but that is my impression.

-=terry=-

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 10:26 +0100, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
> > Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
> > am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
> >
> > I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
> > but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
> >
> > Does anyone know what I should do?
> >
> > My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
> > there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
> > recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
> > section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
> > commercial cut points.
> >
> > I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
> > pretty decent.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
>
> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs to use
> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
> the script I use:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>
> Cheers,
> Paul.

Paul how do you use your script?

1. setup a job and point to your script

2. have a file with a cutlist

3. run your script in that file

4. where the output goes?

-=terry=-

-

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 01/10/2012 18:41, Teruel deCampo MD wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 10:26 +0100, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>>> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
>>> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>>>
>>> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control centre and it installed
>>> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an internal 500 error.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what I should do?
>>>
>>> My main reason for using mythexport is because I don't see nuvexport in
>>> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the commercials on a few
>>> recordings and export them from my recordings area into the myth video
>>> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works and can get rid of the
>>> commercial cut points.
>>>
>>> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but have them still look
>>> pretty decent.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs to use
>> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
>> the script I use:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul.
>
> Paul how do you use your script?
>
> 1. setup a job and point to your script

Yes, here's an example of one of my mythtv user jobs:
/home/paul/bin/mythar --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
--title "%TITLE%" --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --outdir
/home/public/video/Archive --passthrough --interlaced

That example keeps the same frame size and maintains the interlace.
For most transcodes you probably want to drop the --interlaced option.
I have four jobs two that maintain the frame size and two that convert
to 1280x720. Each set has interlaced and not interlaced.

> 2. have a file with a cutlist

Yes, before setting off the user job, I use the
editor as normal to add cut points.

> 3. run your script in that file

Not sure what you mean: I set off the user job
from the frontend or from mythweb

> 4. where the output goes?

They end up where specified by --outdir, above. The original
recording is not deleted.

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]

Paul thxs I will try it.

-=terry=-

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 1 October 2012 19:23, Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> Yes, here's an example of one of my mythtv user jobs:
> /home/paul/bin/mythar --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
> --title "%TITLE%" --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --outdir
> /home/public/video/Archive --passthrough --interlaced
>
> That example keeps the same frame size and maintains the interlace.
> For most transcodes you probably want to drop the --interlaced option.
> I have four jobs two that maintain the frame size and two that convert
> to 1280x720. Each set has interlaced and not interlaced.
>

> 2. have a file with a cutlist
>>

> Yes, before setting off the user job, I use the
> editor as normal to add cut points.
>

> 3. run your script in that file
>>

> Not sure what you mean: I set off the user job
> from the frontend or from mythweb
>

> 4. where the output goes?
>>

> They end up where specified by --outdir, above. The original
> recording is not deleted.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul.

Thanks for posting this Paul, never came across that on the Wiki. Have
been searching for a script that does cutlists and output directory, that
can be ran as a user job! Perfect!

But, looks like there is an issue with the ffmpeg syntax on the wiki page.
I get an error:

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -f s16le -ac 2 -ar 48000 -i /tmp/mythar29470/audout -f
rawvideo -top 1 -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 704x576 -r 25 -i
/tmp/mythar29470/vidout -threads 2 -vcodec libx264 -preset medium -profile
high -crf 20.0 -aspect 16:9 -acodec ac3 -ab 160k -ar 48000 -f mp4
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded/%TITLE% - %SUBTITLE%.mp4
ffmpeg version 0.8.3-4:0.8.3-0ubuntu0.12.04.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the
Libav developers
built on Jun 12 2012 16:37:58 with gcc 4.6.3
*** THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED ***
This program is only provided for compatibility and will be removed in a
future release. Please use avconv instead.
[s16le @ 0x9977aa0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Input #0, s16le, from '/tmp/mythar29470/audout':
Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s
[rawvideo @ 0x9980660] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be
inaccurate
Input #1, rawvideo, from '/tmp/mythar29470/vidout':
Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
Stream #1.0: Video: rawvideo, yuv420p, 704x576, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
Unrecognized option 'preset'
Failed to set value 'medium' for option 'preset'

Removing "-preset medium" from the script, I then get a "Unknown encoder
'libx264'".

So, has potential, I just need to sort these ffmpeg errors.

Cheers

Martin
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 01/10/2012 20:52, Martin Moores wrote:
> Thanks for posting this Paul, never came across that on the Wiki. Have
> been searching for a script that does cutlists and output directory,
> that can be ran as a user job! Perfect!
>
> But, looks like there is an issue with the ffmpeg syntax on the wiki
> page. I get an error:
>
> /usr/bin/ffmpeg -f s16le -ac 2 -ar 48000 -i /tmp/mythar29470/audout -f
> rawvideo -top 1 -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 704x576 -r 25 -i
> /tmp/mythar29470/vidout -threads 2 -vcodec libx264 -preset medium
> -profile high -crf 20.0 -aspect 16:9 -acodec ac3 -ab 160k -ar 48000 -f
> mp4 /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded/%TITLE% - %SUBTITLE%.mp4
> ffmpeg version 0.8.3-4:0.8.3-0ubuntu0.12.04.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2012
> the Libav developers
> built on Jun 12 2012 16:37:58 with gcc 4.6.3
> *** THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED ***
> This program is only provided for compatibility and will be removed in a
> future release. Please use avconv instead.
> [s16le @ 0x9977aa0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
> Input #0, s16le, from '/tmp/mythar29470/audout':
> Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
> Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s
> [rawvideo @ 0x9980660] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be
> inaccurate
> Input #1, rawvideo, from '/tmp/mythar29470/vidout':
> Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
> Stream #1.0: Video: rawvideo, yuv420p, 704x576, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
> Unrecognized option 'preset'
> Failed to set value 'medium' for option 'preset'
>

> Removing "-preset medium" from the script, I then get a "Unknown encoder
> 'libx264'".
>
> So, has potential, I just need to sort these ffmpeg errors.

I think it may just be that you don't have libx264 installed. If not,
then it's that you have a version of ffmpeg built without libx264
support. Try installing libx264. If it still doesn't work, or if
you find libx264 already installed then try building ffmpeg from source.

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 10/01/2012 09:32 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 17:24, Myth Steve wrote:

>>> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs to use
>>> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
>>> the script I use:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul.
>>>

>> I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts out nuv files.
>> In the rare occasion I want to copy a cartoon to my phone for the kids
>> on a car ride, I don't think the nuv's will work on android. Am I
>> correct? Or does mythtranscode output into other formats now?
>
> mythtranscode in fifodir mode outputs decoded raw video and audio to
> two pipes. You can use another program in tandem to recompress. The
> script I linked to uses ffmpeg.

Thanks, I will try this and report back when I have a chance in the next
day or two.

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 2 October 2012 07:18, Myth Steve <stevemyth@priorityelectronics.com>wrote:

> On 10/01/2012 09:32 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts out nuv files.
>>> In the rare occasion I want to copy a cartoon to my phone for the kids
>>> on a car ride, I don't think the nuv's will work on android. Am I
>>> correct? Or does mythtranscode output into other formats now?
>>>

>> mythtranscode in fifodir mode outputs decoded raw video and audio to
>> two pipes. You can use another program in tandem to recompress. The
>> script I linked to uses ffmpeg.
>>

> Thanks, I will try this and report back when I have a chance in the next
> day or two.
>
> --
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Peters

Why not pull nuvexport from git

I dis this today to install nuvexport into mythbuntu 12.04

Cheers,

Anthony
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 10/01/2012 10:11 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> On 2 October 2012 07:18, Myth Steve <stevemyth@priorityelectronics.com
> <mailto:stevemyth@priorityelectronics.com>> wrote:
>
> On 10/01/2012 09:32 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
> On 01/10/2012 17:24, Myth Steve wrote:
>
> On 10/01/2012 02:26 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>
> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have
> mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>
> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control
> centre and it installed
> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an
> internal 500 error.
>
> Does anyone know what I should do?
>
> My main reason for using mythexport is because I
> don't see nuvexport in
> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the
> commercials on a few
> recordings and export them from my recordings area
> into the myth video
> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works
> and can get rid of the
> commercial cut points.
>
> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but
> have them still look
> pretty decent.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>

> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs
> to use
> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg. Here's
> the script I use:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>

> Cheers,
> Paul.
>

> I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts
> out nuv files.
> In the rare occasion I want to copy a cartoon to my phone
> for the kids
> on a car ride, I don't think the nuv's will work on
> android. Am I
> correct? Or does mythtranscode output into other formats now?
>

> mythtranscode in fifodir mode outputs decoded raw video and
> audio to
> two pipes. You can use another program in tandem to
> recompress. The
> script I linked to uses ffmpeg.
>

> Thanks, I will try this and report back when I have a chance in
> the next day or two.
>
> --
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Peters
>

> Why not pull nuvexport from git
>
> I dis this today to install nuvexport into mythbuntu 12.04
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

How do I pull it from git and install it? I've really only installed
deb's before. Is it source code? Just not sure what to do. Is there a
deb file I can download and install somewhere?

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 1 October 2012 22:09, Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> I think it may just be that you don't have libx264 installed. If not,
> then it's that you have a version of ffmpeg built without libx264
> support. Try installing libx264. If it still doesn't work, or if
> you find libx264 already installed then try building ffmpeg from source.
>

> Cheers,
> Paul.

Thanks Paul,

I updated it, got a different error, did some Googling and found others
with the same issue, changing "-preset" to "-vpreset" fixed it for me.

Working fine from the command line, but it just stalls as a user job, never
changes from "queued". In the backend log, I can see the tvdb metadata
lookup happening, but nothing else. Did anyone else get this working?

Cheers

Martin
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 04/10/2012 10:19, Martin Moores wrote:
> On 1 October 2012 22:09, Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net
> <mailto:lists@glidos.net>> wrote:
>

> I think it may just be that you don't have libx264 installed. If not,
> then it's that you have a version of ffmpeg built without libx264
> support. Try installing libx264. If it still doesn't work, or if
> you find libx264 already installed then try building ffmpeg from source.
>

> Cheers,
> Paul.
>

> Thanks Paul,
>
> I updated it, got a different error, did some Googling and found others
> with the same issue, changing "-preset" to "-vpreset" fixed it for me.

Oh ok. Interesting. I'll look into that. ffmpeg does change the way
options are used every now and then,

> Working fine from the command line, but it just stalls as a user job,
> never changes from "queued". In the backend log, I can see the tvdb
> metadata lookup happening, but nothing else. Did anyone else get this
> working?

Do you have mythweb? Can you see if the job is still there queued?
Perhaps it never got started because of the time period you have set
up for user jobs.

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 10/03/2012 01:41 PM, Myth Steve wrote:
> On 10/01/2012 10:11 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>

>> On 2 October 2012 07:18, Myth Steve
>> <stevemyth@priorityelectronics.com
>> <mailto:stevemyth@priorityelectronics.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/01/2012 09:32 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>> On 01/10/2012 17:24, Myth Steve wrote:
>>
>> On 10/01/2012 02:26 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>> On 01/10/2012 02:19, Myth Steve wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I want to get mythexport going. I have
>> mythbuntu 11.10 setup but
>> am using 0.25 as upgraded from newer repos.
>>
>> I installed mythexport via the mythbuntu control
>> centre and it installed
>> but the web interface doesn't work. Just gives an
>> internal 500 error.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I should do?
>>
>> My main reason for using mythexport is because I
>> don't see nuvexport in
>> there anymore. I basically want to trim out the
>> commercials on a few
>> recordings and export them from my recordings
>> area into the myth video
>> section. I'll use anything, as long as it works
>> and can get rid of the
>> commercial cut points.
>>
>> I want to keep the files in sd resolutions but
>> have them still look
>> pretty decent.
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>>

>> I've been getting great results setting up user jobs
>> to use
>> mythtranscode in fifodir mode, running into ffmpeg.
>> Here's
>> the script I use:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Example_Script_using_mythtranscode_in_fifodir_mode
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Paul.
>>

>> I was under the impression that mythtranscode only puts
>> out nuv files.
>> In the rare occasion I want to copy a cartoon to my phone
>> for the kids
>> on a car ride, I don't think the nuv's will work on
>> android. Am I
>> correct? Or does mythtranscode output into other formats now?
>>

>> mythtranscode in fifodir mode outputs decoded raw video and
>> audio to
>> two pipes. You can use another program in tandem to
>> recompress. The
>> script I linked to uses ffmpeg.
>>

>> Thanks, I will try this and report back when I have a chance in
>> the next day or two.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Steve Peters
>>

>> Why not pull nuvexport from git
>>
>> I dis this today to install nuvexport into mythbuntu 12.04
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony

> How do I pull it from git and install it? I've really only installed
> deb's before. Is it source code? Just not sure what to do. Is there a
> deb file I can download and install somewhere?
> --
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Peters

Ok, to answer my own question...you download it here:
https://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport/tarball/master
Un tar it and just run nuvexport. No deb file needed.

I will play with it till I get it working and report back with my
scripts and config file so people can use it as an example

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 4 October 2012 10:42, Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

>> I updated it, got a different error, did some Googling and found others
>> with the same issue, changing "-preset" to "-vpreset" fixed it for me.
>>

> Oh ok. Interesting. I'll look into that. ffmpeg does change the way
> options are used every now and then,

Yeah, I see a lot of posts about things changing, no problem

> Working fine from the command line, but it just stalls as a user job,
>> never changes from "queued". In the backend log, I can see the tvdb
>> metadata lookup happening, but nothing else. Did anyone else get this
>> working?
>>

> Do you have mythweb? Can you see if the job is still there queued?
> Perhaps it never got started because of the time period you have set
> up for user jobs.
>
> Yes, mythweb shows it as "Queued". I can also see the job via the
frontend in the information centre and am able to remove the stalled jobs
from there.

Only realised earlier that you wrote this script, spotted the "glidos"
username on the wiki and email address. So thanks for the script!

Just to confirm what I have done, don't want to waste anyones time with a
silly mistake:

Grabbed the script from the wiki, stuck it in a file in my home directory
called "mythtranscode" (also tried with "mythtranscode.sh", not sure if
that would make a difference.

ran chmod a+x on the script

In mythtv-setup, entered the following as a userjob called "Mythtranscode":

/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "%CHANID%" --starttime "%STARTTIME%"
--title "%TITLE%" --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough

NOTE: Looking through the setup for this post, I found that on one of the
previous screens, there is a tick box to enable each user job, this was not
checked. Weird that I was still able to start the job off with this not
ticked. Job still doesn't run properly though...

So after checking the user job on, it now starts to run, but errors out,
rather than staying queued:

Oct 4 23:06:56 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[1878]: I UserJob_1439
jobqueue.cpp:2409 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started MythTranscode for
Homeland:"The Vest" recorded from channel 1004 at 2012-04-29T19:55:00Z
Oct 4 23:06:56 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[1878]: E UserJob_1439
jobqueue.cpp:2444 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job
'/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime "20120429205500"
--title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough' failed.

So not much info to go on there.

Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime
"20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough" in the terminal, I get:

"Failed to derive fifo formats"

Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it means. The
script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings before, when
I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.

Cheers

Martin
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 5 October 2012 08:18, Martin Moores <moores.martin@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Oct 4 23:06:56 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[1878]: E UserJob_1439
> jobqueue.cpp:2444 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job
> '/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime "20120429205500"
> --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
> /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough' failed.
>
> So not much info to go on there.
>
> Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime
> "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
> /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough" in the terminal, I get:
>
> "Failed to derive fifo formats"
>
> Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it means. The
> script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings before, when
> I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.

git clone https://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport.git

then I manually move items to the correct location

cd nuvexport/
sudo cp nuvexport /usr/bin/
sudo cp nuvexportrc /etc/
sudo cp nuvinfo /usr/bin/
sudo cp -rf nuvexport/ /usr/share/

I just use nuvexport in a user job

/usr/bin/nuvexport --infile="%FILE%" --path=/storage2/videos --height=400
--width=720 --mode=xvid --deinterlace --nonoise_reduction --cutlist
--noconfirm --nice=19

this way its all contained within the database so I dont need to remember
to backup scripts if I ever move my backend.

Cheers,

Anthony
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 04/10/2012 23:18, Martin Moores wrote:
> Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004"
> --starttime "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest"
> --outdir /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough" in the
> terminal, I get:
>
> "Failed to derive fifo formats"
>
> Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it means. The
> script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings before,
> when I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.

The script runs mythtranscode twice, the first time with the --fifoinfo
flag just to get a report of the recording's details, such as width
height etc. That error message above says that doing so failed. I'd
guess mythtranscode was crashing or stopping with an error. The
script should produce a log in /var/log/mytharXXXXXX. Do you have
any such files?

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 5 October 2012 09:46, Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> On 04/10/2012 23:18, Martin Moores wrote:
>
>> Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004"
>> --starttime "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest"
>> --outdir /media/media/Videos/Other/**Transcoded --passthrough" in the
>> terminal, I get:
>>
>> "Failed to derive fifo formats"
>>
>> Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it means. The
>> script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings before,
>> when I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.
>>

> The script runs mythtranscode twice, the first time with the --fifoinfo
> flag just to get a report of the recording's details, such as width
> height etc. That error message above says that doing so failed. I'd
> guess mythtranscode was crashing or stopping with an error. The
> script should produce a log in /var/log/mytharXXXXXX. Do you have
> any such files?
>

> Cheers,
> Paul.
>
> Thanks Paul,

The log file just shows the same error message. Although I did notice the
following line in the terminal when running the command:

/var/log/mythtv/mythar2012-10-07-20:14:09.log: Permission denied

Removing the log file and then re-running the script makes no difference,
log file appears again with the same error line, odd.

I came to the conclusion that this message also appears when the script is
given a non-existant program to work on. Giving "--starttime" a junk value
returns the same error message.

So I looked into the possibility that the recording did not exist in the
database. The filename in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings matches what is going
into the script:

1004_20120429205500.mpg

But in the database, the start time is listed as:

2012-04-29 19:55:00

Which I imagine is due to the UTC time conversion in 0.26 and me being in
the UK, with daylight savings etc

Trying the same recording, but with mythtranscode, I get:

mythtranscode --chanid "1004" --starttime 20120429205500 --honorcutlist -m
-v -o /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded/new.mpg

"Couldn't find recording for chanid 1004 @ 2012-04-29T20:55:00Z"

Which backs this up.

I don't know the workings of mythtranscode etc, but should it not convert
accordingly to get the correct time for the recording start?

Paul, I realise this may now be beyond your script and more of a general
mythtv issue

Any thought's anyone?

Cheers

Martin
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 07/10/2012 20:15, Martin Moores wrote:
> On 5 October 2012 09:46, Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net
> <mailto:lists@glidos.net>> wrote:
>
> On 04/10/2012 23:18, Martin Moores wrote:
>
> Running that line "/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004"
> --starttime "20120429205500" --title "Homeland" --subtitle "The
> Vest"
> --outdir /media/media/Videos/Other/__Transcoded --passthrough"
> in the
> terminal, I get:
>
> "Failed to derive fifo formats"
>
> Which I can see in the script, but not entirely sure what it
> means. The
> script has ran successfully on one of the Homeland recordings
> before,
> when I was testing it out, so don't think the source video is bad.
>

> The script runs mythtranscode twice, the first time with the --fifoinfo
> flag just to get a report of the recording's details, such as width
> height etc. That error message above says that doing so failed. I'd
> guess mythtranscode was crashing or stopping with an error. The
> script should produce a log in /var/log/mytharXXXXXX. Do you have
> any such files?
>

> Cheers,
> Paul.
>
> Thanks Paul,
>
> The log file just shows the same error message. Although I did notice
> the following line in the terminal when running the command:
>
> /var/log/mythtv/mythar2012-10-07-20:14:09.log: Permission denied

Ah right: you need to run the job as user mythbackend (or whatever
user the server runs as).

> Removing the log file and then re-running the script makes no
> difference, log file appears again with the same error line, odd.
>
> I came to the conclusion that this message also appears when the script
> is given a non-existant program to work on. Giving "--starttime" a junk
> value returns the same error message.
>
> So I looked into the possibility that the recording did not exist in the
> database. The filename in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings matches what is
> going into the script:
>
> 1004_20120429205500.mpg
>
> But in the database, the start time is listed as:
>
> 2012-04-29 19:55:00
>
> Which I imagine is due to the UTC time conversion in 0.26 and me being
> in the UK, with daylight savings etc

I'm running in the UK and I've never seen that difference. The names
have always corresponded to the local time when it recorded. I do
often see 2 mins difference because of the recording rule having
been set up to add 2 mins to the beginning.

> Trying the same recording, but with mythtranscode, I get:
>
> mythtranscode --chanid "1004" --starttime 20120429205500 --honorcutlist
> -m -v -o /media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded/new.mpg
>
> "Couldn't find recording for chanid 1004 @ 2012-04-29T20:55:00Z"

What happens if you try 20120429195500? What value appears as
%STARTTIME% if you run the user job?

> Which backs this up.
>
> I don't know the workings of mythtranscode etc, but should it not
> convert accordingly to get the correct time for the recording start?
>
> Paul, I realise this may now be beyond your script and more of a general
> mythtv issue
>
> Any thought's anyone?

As you say, not a problem with the script. Possibly a mythtv bug, but
strange if no-one-else has seen it.

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 10/08/2012 03:31 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 07/10/2012 20:15, Martin Moores wrote:
>> So I looked into the possibility that the recording did not exist in the
>> database. The filename in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings matches what is
>> going into the script:
>>
>> 1004_20120429205500.mpg
>>
>> But in the database, the start time is listed as:
>>
>> 2012-04-29 19:55:00
>>
>> Which I imagine is due to the UTC time conversion in 0.26 and me being
>> in the UK, with daylight savings etc
> What happens if you try 20120429195500? What value appears as
> %STARTTIME% if you run the user job?

Hi;

Did you upgrade to 0.26 after that program was recorded? You're correct,
recorded.starttime was one of the columns changed to UTC by the upgrade
process.

The upgrade did not convert the filenames to UTC, but the filnames of new
recordings will be in UTC.

Can your script use --infile %FILE% rather than %STARTTIME% (or %STARTTIMEUTC%.)

When you look in the database, compare the starttime and basename:

select title,chanid,starttime,basename from recorded order by starttime;

That is not, in any way, a suggestion to change the database entries!

--
Bill

Re: mythexport or nuvexport [ In reply to ]
On 8 October 2012 17:17, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/08/2012 03:31 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>> On 07/10/2012 20:15, Martin Moores wrote:

> So I looked into the possibility that the recording did not exist in the
>>> database. The filename in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings matches what is
>>> going into the script:
>>>
>>> 1004_20120429205500.mpg
>>>
>>> But in the database, the start time is listed as:
>>>
>>> 2012-04-29 19:55:00
>>>
>>> Which I imagine is due to the UTC time conversion in 0.26 and me being
>>> in the UK, with daylight savings etc

> What happens if you try 20120429195500? What value appears as
>> %STARTTIME% if you run the user job?

> Hi;
>
> Did you upgrade to 0.26 after that program was recorded? You're correct,
> recorded.starttime was one of the columns changed to UTC by the upgrade
> process.
>
> The upgrade did not convert the filenames to UTC, but the filnames of new
> recordings will be in UTC.
>
> Can your script use --infile %FILE% rather than %STARTTIME% (or
> %STARTTIMEUTC%.)
>
> When you look in the database, compare the starttime and basename:
>
> select title,chanid,starttime,**basename from recorded order by
> starttime;
>
> That is not, in any way, a suggestion to change the database entries!
>
> --
> Bill

Thanks both for the replies, been on a course this week, so just looking at
this again now

Bill,

Paul's script does not use "--infile", just chanid and starttime, so can't
try that at the moment

Running the mysql you suggested (thanks for that) shows "starttime" and
"basename" matching since I did the upgrade, but 1 hour off before I did
the upgrade.

The program I was trying to run through the script was recorded before the
upgrade, but running the script as a user job on brand new recordings, I
get the same error and it shows as failed in mythweb.

Looking in the logs:

Oct 11 19:38:12 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[5274]: I UserJob_1483
jobqueue.cpp:2409 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started MythTranscode for
Breakfast recorded from channel 1001 at 2012-10-11T04:55:00Z
Oct 11 19:38:12 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[5274]: E UserJob_1483
jobqueue.cpp:2444 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job
'/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1001" --starttime "20121011055500"
--title "Breakfast" --subtitle "" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough' failed.

This shows that myth is looking for a recording starting at 04:55, the
script is looking for 05:55, it actually started at 05:55, but still failed

The filename and basename are both 04:55, which is correct for UTC

Paul,

Manually running with the script "correct" time (04:55) works, on this new
recording anyway. Running it on the old recording:

Oct 11 19:40:17 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[5274]: I UserJob_1484
jobqueue.cpp:2409 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started MythTranscode for
Homeland:"The Vest" recorded from channel 1004 at 2012-04-29T19:55:00Z
Oct 11 19:40:17 MYTHTV1 mythlogserver: mythbackend[5274]: E UserJob_1484
jobqueue.cpp:2444 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job
'/home/user/mythtranscode.sh --chanid "1004" --starttime "20120429205500"
--title "Homeland" --subtitle "The Vest" --outdir
/media/media/Videos/Other/Transcoded --passthrough' failed.

Still 1 hour difference between the myth jobqueue line and the script

Recording actually started at 20:55, basename shows 19:55 and filename
shows 20:55

Running the script manually with 19:55 works.

So:

Old recording - basename 04:55 - filename 04:55 - script looks for 05:55
(fail) - manual script run 04:55 (works)
New recording - basename 19:55 - filename 20:55 - script looks for 20:55
(fail - manual script run 19:55 (works)

I am thoroughly confused. It does seem that if the basename is matched, it
works

Cheers

Martin

1 2  View All