I've tried.

It does list my recordings, but when I select one I get the "please
wait retrieving video" with the rotating circle forever.

I'm running against the trunk backend, which I set manually. The Android
side is a Nexus 7 running JB.

I haven't selected a player, presuming it would prompt for one if it got
past the "please wait".

What can I do to debug this? I don't see anything in the backend log.
Re: Mythtv for Android Problem [ In reply to ]
On Sep 23, 2012 10:33 AM, "Ken Mandelberg" <km@mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> I just tried Mythtv for Android Update 2012-09-22, the first version I've
tried.

> It does list my recordings, but when I select one I get the "please wait
retrieving video" with the rotating circle forever.

> I'm running against the trunk backend, which I set manually. The Android
side is a Nexus 7 running JB.

> I haven't selected a player, presuming it would prompt for one if it got
past the "please wait".

> What can I do to debug this? I don't see anything in the backend log.

Ken,
I am getting one of the devs who owns a nexus 7 to see if he is
experiencing the same issue. Will report back when I have more.

Dan
Re: Mythtv for Android Problem [ In reply to ]
On 09/23/2012 09:32 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> I just tried Mythtv for Android Update 2012-09-22, the first version I've tried.
>
> It does list my recordings, but when I select one I get the "please wait retrieving video" with the rotating circle forever.
>
> I'm running against the trunk backend, which I set manually. The Android side is a Nexus 7 running JB.
>
> I haven't selected a player, presuming it would prompt for one if it got past the "please wait".
>
> What can I do to debug this? I don't see anything in the backend log.

Hi;

Some ideas:

Use:

mythbackend --setverbose upnp (and mythbackend --setloglevel debug)

You should see lines that include something like:

ExtractMethodFromURL(end) : AddLiveStream : /Content
ServiceHost::ProcessRequest: AddLiveStream : GET /Content/AddLiveStream?FileName=1021_20120806020000.mpg&HostName=mc1&Height=360&
Bitrate=500000& AudioBitrate=96000&SampleRate=48000 HTTP/1.1
AddLiveStream - StorageGroup missing... using 'Default'
ExtractMethodFromURL(end) : 1021_20120806020000.mpg.640x368_500kV_96kA.av.m3u8 : /StorageGroup/Streaming
HTTPRequest::SendResponse( File ) :200 OK -> 192.168.10.139:
SendResponseFile ( /var/lib/mythtv/storage/streaming/1021_20120806020000.mpg.640x368_500kV_96kA.av.m3u8 )

If you're using the --logpath option, look in mythtranscode.<time>.<pid>.log.

Don't forget: --enable-libx264 and --enable-libmp3lame from:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Http_live_streaming_server.

Bill
Re: Mythtv for Android Problem [ In reply to ]
Daniel Frey<dmfrey@gmail.com>wrote, On 09/23/2012 11:02 AM:

> On Sep 23, 2012 10:33 AM, "Ken Mandelberg"<km@mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

>> >It does list my recordings, but when I select one I get the "please wait
> retrieving video" with the rotating circle forever.
>> >
>> >I'm running against the trunk backend, which I set manually. The Android
> side is a Nexus 7 running JB.
>> >

> Ken,
> I am getting one of the devs who owns a nexus 7 to see if he is
> experiencing the same issue. Will report back when I have more.
>
> Dan

I think my issue is not related to the Nexus 7, since I see the same
behavior on a Gingerbread Galaxy S phone.

I suspect something on the backend. Is there something I can do to debug
this. Shouldn't I see some request in the backend log?

Re: Mythtv for Android Problem [ In reply to ]
On 09/24/2012 10:07 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> Shouldn't I see some request in the backend log?

Yes, but you must eneble them. Did you try the suggestions here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/528630#528630

--
Bill
Re: Mythtv for Android Problem [ In reply to ]