Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Re: kernel 3.2 vs 3.4 for mythtv and HDPVR specifically [ In reply to ]
On 07/21/2012 12:02 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> after many headaches with the hdpvr and the 2.6 kernel I'm updating my
> parents system to ubuntu 12.04 which comes with kernel 3.2. I'm
> wondering if I should update to kernel 3.4 now that it's available?
>
> thanks!

I can't speak for using it with ubuntu, but I have two hdpvrs that I
under on Fedora 17 with kernel 3.4 without issue.

Michael

Re: kernel 3.2 vs 3.4 for mythtv and HDPVR specifically [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Michael <mythtv@blandford.net> wrote:
> On 07/21/2012 12:02 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> after many headaches with the hdpvr and the 2.6 kernel I'm updating my
>> parents system to ubuntu 12.04 which comes with kernel 3.2. I'm
>> wondering if I should update to kernel 3.4 now that it's available?
>>
>> thanks!
>>

> I can't speak for using it with ubuntu, but I have two hdpvrs that I under
> on Fedora 17 with kernel 3.4 without issue.

do you still have the oversaturation issue? does placing
v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl brightness=0x80 --set-ctrl contrast=0x40
--set-ctrl hue=0xf --set-ctrl saturation=0x40 --set-ctrl
sharpness=0x80
in your channel change script fix it?

thanks!

Re: kernel 3.2 vs 3.4 for mythtv and HDPVR specifically [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
> after many headaches with the hdpvr and the 2.6 kernel I'm updating my
> parents system to ubuntu 12.04 which comes with kernel 3.2. I'm
> wondering if I should update to kernel 3.4 now that it's available?

3.4 > 3.2 ;)

=-Jameson
Re: kernel 3.2 vs 3.4 for mythtv and HDPVR specifically [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Jameson <imntreal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
>> after many headaches with the hdpvr and the 2.6 kernel I'm updating my
>> parents system to ubuntu 12.04 which comes with kernel 3.2. I'm
>> wondering if I should update to kernel 3.4 now that it's available?
>
> 3.4 > 3.2 ;)

haha, yea, I figured =P

I tried updating to the 3.4 precise kernel, but it wouldn't load the
ethernet drivers, which makes it tough for me to ssh in, and since I
live on the other side of the country as my parents I can't easily fix
that issue.

so I'll have to wait a bit and keep using the v4l2-ctl fix for now.
until I can figure out how to update properly so the ethernet drivers
load up.