Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Re: ubuntu: how to keep raw1394 in a group that mythtv is in (like video) between reboots and kernel updates? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just noticed after a kernel update that the group /dev/raw1394 is in
> went from "video" to "root", even though I had changed it. is there a
> way to "force" this change always?

It should be possible to write a udev rule to set the group
which will survive reboot/upgrades.

(untested)

/etc/udev/rules.d/90-firewire:

KERNEL=="raw1392", GROUP="video"
Re: ubuntu: how to keep raw1394 in a group that mythtv is in (like video) between reboots and kernel updates? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> KERNEL=="raw1392", GROUP="video"

Ok, to even have a change to work (again, untested), that should be "raw1394".
Re: ubuntu: how to keep raw1394 in a group that mythtv is in (like video) between reboots and kernel updates? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> KERNEL=="raw1392", GROUP="video"
>
> Ok, to even have a change to work (again, untested), that should be "raw1394".

haha, thanks Gary, I figured it was something along these lines thanks!