Mailing List Archive

MythMusic doesn't play
I was very excited to see MythMusic got an overhaul. However, none of the music will play!
Regardless of what I select (all my MP3 library), a small green circle sets up next to the track and spins indefinitely.

I have no idea what is going on.
Suggestions?

Jason
Re: MythMusic doesn't play [ In reply to ]
On 30/05/12 19:39, Jason Gauthier wrote:
> I was very excited to see MythMusic got an overhaul. However, none of the music will play!
> Regardless of what I select (all my MP3 library), a small green circle sets up next to the track and spins indefinitely.
>
> I have no idea what is going on.
> Suggestions?

I've got the same problem on one front-end, but not the others. The
music is available in /mythtv/music on all front-ends.

The problem front-end is the only one that uses HDMI, and I've tried
tweaking various audio settings to no avail. Audio for TV and video is
fine.

This is all with 0.25-fixes.

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis cgdennis@btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK
Re: MythMusic doesn't play - now it does [ In reply to ]
On 12/06/12 11:15, Chris Dennis wrote:
> On 30/05/12 19:39, Jason Gauthier wrote:
>> I was very excited to see MythMusic got an overhaul. However, none of
>> the music will play!
>> Regardless of what I select (all my MP3 library), a small green circle
>> sets up next to the track and spins indefinitely.
>>
>> I have no idea what is going on.
>> Suggestions?
>
> I've got the same problem on one front-end, but not the others. The
> music is available in /mythtv/music on all front-ends.
>
> The problem front-end is the only one that uses HDMI, and I've tried
> tweaking various audio settings to no avail. Audio for TV and video is
> fine.
>
> This is all with 0.25-fixes.

And now it's working again! -- after upgrading the front-end from
Ubuntu 11.04 to 12.04, and getting the latest 0.25-fixes.

It must have been some obscure conflict between versions of things.

cheers

Chris