On 05/31/2012 01:33 AM, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote: > 2012/5/30 Michael T. Dean
>> On 05/30/2012 03:03 AM, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
>>> 2012/5/29 Michael T. Dean
>>> On 05/29/2012 03:36 AM, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
>>>> During this weekend I finally chose to reinstall my backend - moving
>>>>> During this weekend I finally chose to reinstall my backend - moving from
>>>>> an old Fedora install to MythBuntu. For different reasons I decided to
>>>>> against recommendations and not move the entire database. I only
>>>>> transferred my recordings following this guide
>>>> Yes. Google should be kicked off the Internet for allowing that
>>>> outdated, incorrect, can-corrupt-the-db-data (as it can completely break
>>>> your character encoding) post to be #1.
>>> Well, I won't blame Google - after all it was my decision to not follow
>>> official directions:-)
>>>>> From a normal frontend the recordings are playing fine, but HLS doesn't
>>>>> seem to work - I try to stream to Torc for IOS, but the "prepare stream"
>>>>> stays at 0%. If I make a new recording it streams fine so I'm guessing
>>>>> new fields in the recordings table are missing? Is there any way to add
>>>>> missing info (if my assumption is correct) to the database?
>>>> Best solution is to do a proper restore of your complete pre-upgrade
>>>> database and let MythTV Do The Right Thing.
>>> Looking back that is probably what I *should* have done, but I am not
>>> I'm up for that now - I spent most of a day setting up the new database,
>>> mostly because I wasn't satisfied with the old setup (non-standard
>> can be reset to defaults by going into mythfrontend Utilities/Setup|Edit
>> Keys, then using MENU to select "Reset All Keys to Defaults" (
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/commits/**487153#487153<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/487153#487153>) on any frontend whose key bindings you want to reset.
>>> bad tuner setup,
>> which could have been reset/cleared by using mythtv-setup to do a "Delete
>> all capture cards"
>>> flawed channel lists etc.).
>> and a "Delete all video sources" (not "Delete all video sources on
>>> Going back would
>>> require me to do it all over again:-)
>> But would make the rest of your system function properly--and without any
>> concerns over the integrity of your database schema or data.
>>>> If you decide you want to waste hours re-configuring everything for no
>>>> benefit, at least do a proper partial restore:
>>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup (and take note of
>>> I already did reconfigure the entire setup and according to the links I
>>> would need to do some preparation on the old setup - obviously not
>>> now that the system is already upgraded:-(
>>> Guess I will have a closer look at the tables while I consider the
>>> "complete restore" option:-(
>> Right, I'm suggesting you either do a full restore--and then use MythTV
>> tools to clean up what you don't like--or start over with a supported
>> partial restore. I can't guarantee that HLS would work with your old
>> recordings if you do the partial restore using the restore script, but at
>> that point, I'd be motivated to help debug the issues, since I wouldn't
>> have any reason to assume your DB is corrupt.
> Thanks for your input - I will definitely use the proper procedure next
> time! But this time I just can't imagine starting over after all the work
> I've done:-)
> Anyway, problem seems to be solved: I found a difference in paths in the
> "livestream" table during HLS streaming - for new recordings it pointed to
> the recording's real location while the old recording entry would point to
> "myth:@"host-from-the-old-setup"/"file". After updating the hostname in the
> recordings table and restarting mythbackend streaming works fine!
Meaning you changed your host name and didn't update your MythTV setup: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Change_the_hostname_of_a_MythTV_frontend_or_backend
If you're comfortable believing that everything else--data and
schema--in your current DB is good and there's no other brokenness
(other than the loss of non-re-creatable information due to the broken
procedure you followed for the partial restore) and/or that you can
figure out and fix all the problems that crop up in the future (and you
believe that doing so will take less time than doing a full restore of
the pre-upgrade DB backup, changing hostname (as above), Delete All
Capture Cards, Delete All Video Sources, creating new cards and video
sources, connecting inputs, and scanning channels, then resetting key
bindings in mythfrontend...), I suppose I'm comfortable letting you run
with your not-as-good-as-it-should-be database. :) (Just saying that
you won't have the option to go back to your pre-upgrade database backup
for long, so now is the only opportunity...)
Anyway, glad you figured out this issue.
mythtv-users mailing list