Mailing List Archive

Services API :: Dvr
List,

How would one initiate a LiveTV recording using the services API?  My
guess is AddRecordSchedule ... but it doesn't seem to be documented on
the wiki. Thanks
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Services API :: Dvr [ In reply to ]
On 2012-05-04, at 10:04 AM, Christopher Brown <chris.jay.brown@gmail.com> wrote:

> How would one initiate a LiveTV recording using the services API? My
> guess is AddRecordSchedule ... but it doesn't seem to be documented on
> the wiki. Thanks

Someone asked this recently and the answer was you can't HLS stream live TV, only completed recordings. Chris Peterson is working on extending Myth that way.

- George
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Services API :: Dvr [ In reply to ]
* On Fri May 04, 2012 at 04:30:17PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2012-05-04, at 10:04 AM, Christopher Brown <chris.jay.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How would one initiate a LiveTV recording using the services API? My
> > guess is AddRecordSchedule ... but it doesn't seem to be documented on
> > the wiki. Thanks
>
> Someone asked this recently and the answer was you can't HLS stream live TV,
> only completed recordings. Chris Peterson is working on extending Myth that way.

Close.... Chris Pinkham. :) First task is just being able to stream an
in-progress recording without it stopping when the transcode catches up
to realtime. That's the 'easy' part. True LiveTV will be a bit harder
since it needs to handle following through channel changes, etc..

--
Chris
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Services API :: Dvr [ In reply to ]
On 2012-05-04, at 5:44 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham@bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Fri May 04, 2012 at 04:30:17PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
>> Chris Peterson is working on extending Myth that way.
>
> Close.... Chris Pinkham. :)

Whoops! *embarassed*

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users