Just noticed in the Watch Recordings list in Steppes that some shows
were white and some are yellow. Missus asked why and I had no answer.
:-)
Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]
On 05/02/2012 08:46 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> Just noticed in the Watch Recordings list in Steppes that some shows
> were white and some are yellow...

Hi;

The recordings with yellow boarders are damaged.

Check your backend logs, I suspect you'll find something like this:

FinishedRecording(1091_2012-04-19T12:42:17) damaged recq:<RecordingQuality
overall_score="0" key="1091_2012-04-19T12:42:17" countinuity_error_count="0"
packet_count="19063635"> ...

--
Bill
Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/02/2012 08:46 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
>>
>> Just noticed in the Watch Recordings list in Steppes that some shows
>> were white and some are yellow...
> The recordings with yellow boarders are damaged.

Yeh, it appears the weather knocked out some of my OTA recordings from
Buffalo...sigh.
Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]
On 03/05/12 03:10, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Bill Meek<keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 05/02/2012 08:46 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
>>>
>>> Just noticed in the Watch Recordings list in Steppes that some shows
>>> were white and some are yellow...
>> The recordings with yellow boarders are damaged.
>
> Yeh, it appears the weather knocked out some of my OTA recordings from
> Buffalo...sigh.

So, in the context of digital reception, what qualifies a recording as 'damaged'?

Most of my recordings are rock-solid now that digital switchover is finished
here and they've upped the transmit power, but there's still the occasional
pixellation. Where is the line drawn?

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]
On 03/05/12 10:28, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 03/05/12 03:10, Ian Evans wrote:

>>> The recordings with yellow boarders are damaged.
>>
>> Yeh, it appears the weather knocked out some of my OTA recordings from
>> Buffalo...sigh.
>>
> So, in the context of digital reception, what qualifies a recording as
> 'damaged'?
>
> Most of my recordings are rock-solid now that digital switchover is
> finished here and they've upped the transmit power, but there's still
> the occasional pixellation. Where is the line drawn?

Most of my 'yellow' recordings (MythCenter-Wide, 0.25) are made as
tests, started late or finished early.
Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]
On 05/03/2012 04:28 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 03/05/12 03:10, Ian Evans wrote:

>>> The recordings with yellow boarders are damaged.
>>
>> Yeh, it appears the weather knocked out some of my OTA recordings from
>> Buffalo...sigh.
>>
> So, in the context of digital reception, what qualifies a recording as 'damaged'?
>
> Most of my recordings are rock-solid now that digital switchover is finished here and they've upped the transmit power, but there's still the
> occasional pixellation. Where is the line drawn?

Hi;

Here's all I know: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#Misc_2.
See the last bullet item in this section. The two links have more detail.

--
Bill
Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> So, in the context of digital reception, what qualifies a recording as
> 'damaged'?
>
> Most of my recordings are rock-solid now that digital switchover is finished
> here and they've upped the transmit power, but there's still the occasional
> pixellation. Where is the line drawn?

Well, in my case the recordings didn't finish as the reception was so
bad due to thunderstorms that the signal was unwatchable and I guess
too many errors for Myth. OTA signal from a nearby U.S. city.
Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]

Would running these damaged files through ProjectX be of any use?

Steve.
Re: Steppes theme: different coloured shows in Watch Recordings [ In reply to ]
On 05/03/2012 11:36 AM, steve.goodey wrote:
> From: Bill Meek
>>>>
>>> So, in the context of digital reception, what qualifies a
>>> recording as 'damaged'?
>>> Most of my recordings are rock-solid now that digital switchover is
>>> finished here and they've upped the transmit power, but
>>> there's still the occasional pixellation. Where is the line drawn?
>> Hi;
>>
>> Here's all I know:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#Misc_2.
>> See the last bullet item in this section. The two links have
>> more detail.
> Would running these damaged files through ProjectX be of any use?

Damaged = missing part of the video--a jump in timecodes indicating that
signal cut out or something. No tool can fix that. :)

Mike