really full screen?

Thanks.
Mike.
Re: Going fullscreen on a Ubuntu Unity desktop [ In reply to ]
On 05/01/2012 01:32 PM, Mike wrote:
> Hi, I've not found the setting to fix this yet, but upgrading to
> U12.04 using Unity desktop I found mythtv fullscreen was 'sort of
> fullscreen' but the unity menu bar and top menu bar still are visible.
> Is this intended behaviour? Any ideas on how to get mythtv to go
> really full screen?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/507400#507400

Mike
Re: Going fullscreen on a Ubuntu Unity desktop [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 13:32 -0400, Mike wrote:
> Hi, I've not found the setting to fix this yet, but upgrading to
> U12.04 using Unity desktop I found mythtv fullscreen was 'sort of
> fullscreen' but the unity menu bar and top menu bar still are visible.
> Is this intended behaviour? Any ideas on how to get mythtv to go
> really full screen?

This is a Compiz bug that was reported here:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9589
but the solution caused problems for some exotic multihead setups so it
was dropped, leaving all Gnome and Unity users to suffer.

There's a workaround that that be enabled from the CompizConfig control
panel which can be installed with:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

Then start CompizConfig control panel:
ccsm

Navigate to utility/workarounds and then tick "Legacy Fullscreen
support"

--
Lawrence