Mailing List Archive

Optimize MySQL
Hello all, I am trying to speed up my MySQL service.

I have a FE/BE system with a EXT4 disk for the all system and DB
datadir, an other disk with XFS for recordings.

I try to run the optimize_mythdb.pl script, but this is the output:

# perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
Can't locate MythTV.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
line 15.

Is there any problem with my perl?

This is my MySQL configuration:

socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

[mysqld_safe]
socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
nice = 0

[mysqld]
user = mysql
pid-file = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
port = 3306
basedir = /usr
datadir = /var/lib/mysql
tmpdir = /tmp
language = /usr/share/mysql/english
skip-external-locking

key_buffer = 16M
max_allowed_packet = 16M
thread_stack = 192K
thread_cache_size = 8

myisam-recover = BACKUP

query_cache_limit = 1M
query_cache_size = 16M

expire_logs_days = 10
max_binlog_size = 100M

[mysqldump]
quick
quote-names
max_allowed_packet = 16M

[mysql]

[isamchk]
key_buffer = 16M

!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/

Must I change any configuration?

Thanks for your help and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano
Re: Optimize MySQL [ In reply to ]
On 04/29/2012 05:15 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello all, I am trying to speed up my MySQL service.
>
> I have a FE/BE system with a EXT4 disk for the all system and DB
> datadir, an other disk with XFS for recordings.
>
> I try to run the optimize_mythdb.pl script, but this is the output:
>
> # perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
> Can't locate MythTV.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
> line 15.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
> line 15.
>
> Is there any problem with my perl?

Perl bindings are installed by the mythtv package's make install. The
configure script will tell you that it's not going to install Perl
bindings if you're missing dependencies (and list the missing
dependencies). So, check your configure output.

If you're using packages, perhaps your packager split up the Perl
bindings so that those who don't need them could save a few kB of HDD
space--after all, what's a few hours of digging around for every user
who does need them compared to a few kB of HDD space per computer. If
so, find and install the MythTV Perl bindings package.

Mike
Re: Optimize MySQL [ In reply to ]
2012/4/29 Michael T. Dean <mtdean@thirdcontact.com>:
> Perl bindings are installed by the mythtv package's make install.  The
> configure script will tell you that it's not going to install Perl bindings
> if you're missing dependencies (and list the missing dependencies).  So,
> check your configure output.
>
> If you're using packages, perhaps your packager split up the Perl bindings
> so that those who don't need them could save a few kB of HDD space--after
> all, what's a few hours of digging around for every user who does need them
> compared to a few kB of HDD space per computer.  If so, find and install the
> MythTV Perl bindings package.
>
> Mike

Thanks! I just intall the "mythtv-perl" packages and it work great.

I have enough RAM memory, so I want to have MySQL cache on it, how
could I configure? Is this a good idea?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano