know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
Store when it gets there.

George
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On 13 April 2012 23:43, George Galt <george.galt@gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM

I have to say that it looks pretty awesome..

The name sucks but that's another story :)
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
If only is was available for Android phones and tablets...

Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Best regards,
Rich
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, George Galt <george.galt@gmail.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM
>
> He states in the video that it is close to finished and will work with
> both a MythTV 0.25 backend and a Torc backend. I am not sure what the
> divide is between Torc and MythTV, but since this works for both, I'm
> all in favor of it (and if anyone wants to enlighten me, I'd love to
> know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
> Store when it gets there.

I'm really interested in this app, it's the only reason I bought an iPad.
Well maybe not the only reason, but the most compelling. :-)
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, George Galt <george.galt@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> All:
>>
>> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
>> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM
>>
>> He states in the video that it is close to finished and will work with
>> both a MythTV 0.25 backend and a Torc backend. I am not sure what the
>> divide is between Torc and MythTV, but since this works for both, I'm
>> all in favor of it (and if anyone wants to enlighten me, I'd love to
>> know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
>> Store when it gets there.
>>

> I'm really interested in this app, it's the only reason I bought an iPad.
> Well maybe not the only reason, but the most compelling. :-)

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can a
user stream Live TV to the iPad?
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On 04/13/2012 11:22 AM, Matt Emmott wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, George Galt <george.galt@gmail.com
> <mailto:george.galt@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> All:
>
> Robert McNamara has forwarded a comprehensive video for his new iPad
> app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQDLTSucxM
>
> He states in the video that it is close to finished and will work with
> both a MythTV 0.25 backend and a Torc backend. I am not sure what the
> divide is between Torc and MythTV, but since this works for both, I'm
> all in favor of it (and if anyone wants to enlighten me, I'd love to
> know). I'll certainly be purchasing a copy or two from the Apple App
> Store when it gets there.
>

> I'm really interested in this app, it's the only reason I bought an
> iPad. Well maybe not the only reason, but the most compelling. :-)

I hate to just do a me too, but me too.
Is there a way to learn ( a lot ) more about this, help out, test, etc?
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
Matt Emmott wrote:

>Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control.
>Can a user stream Live TV to the iPad?

You watch live TV ?

You can always set a recording off and stream that.

--
Simon Hobson

Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On 14 April 2012 01:31, Matt Emmott <memmott@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can a
> user stream Live TV to the iPad?

The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
only stream completed recordings or videos
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 14 April 2012 01:31, Matt Emmott <memmott@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can a
> > user stream Live TV to the iPad?
>
> The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
> only stream completed recordings or videos

Boo, so I can't stream a recording in progress either? I have to wait until
it's done? That makes watching baseball games at work a bit difficult.
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 April 2012 01:31, Matt Emmott <memmott@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of Live TV control. Can
>> > user stream Live TV to the iPad?
>>
>> The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
>> only stream completed recordings or videos
>

> Boo, so I can't stream a recording in progress either? I have to wait until
> it's done?  That makes watching baseball games at work a bit difficult.

Its not free, but you can use the MLB iPad app. I think it blackouts
local games though, so that may not be very helpful (and why I don't
use it).
Re: Comprehensive Walk Through of iOS for Torc (Formerly MythTV Companion for iPad) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 01:37:55PM -0400, Matt Emmott wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>wrote:
> > The mythtv http live-streaming module doesn't support liveTV. you can
> > only stream completed recordings or videos
>
> Boo, so I can't stream a recording in progress either? I have to wait until
> it's done? That makes watching baseball games at work a bit difficult.

I tried that myself just yesterday! :) FWIW, supporting in-progress
recordings for live streaming is on Chris Pinkham's roadmap. Until
then, you'll need to start and immediately restart the recording every
so often and stream the chunks individually.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net