These heavily impact Live TV usage with analog capture cards and
should be fixable with a few more days of attention.

-- Daniel

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 final -- Delayed until approximatelyApril 9th [ In reply to ]
>There are primarily two tickets that are concerning, #9830 and #10519.

>These heavily impact Live TV usage with analog capture cards and
>should be fixable with a few more days of attention.

>-- Daniel

Is there any headway on the issue of Live TV crashing locking for several
seconds then exiting to the main menu every time a program change occurs?
It has become pretty much 100% "reliable" for me that it will happen every
time a program change occurs.

Thanks

Re: [mythtv] 0.25 final -- Delayed until approximatelyApril 9th [ In reply to ]
On 1/04/2012 05:55, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
>> There are primarily two tickets that are concerning, #9830 and #10519.
>
>> These heavily impact Live TV usage with analog capture cards and
>> should be fixable with a few more days of attention.
>
>> -- Daniel
>
> Is there any headway on the issue of Live TV crashing locking for
> several seconds then exiting to the main menu every time a program
> change occurs? It has become pretty much 100% "reliable" for me that
> it will happen every time a program change occurs.
>
> Thanks
+1 for the program change bug. I noticed that my disks are doing about
1400kb/s and 10-15 IOPS. This should not strain the disk, but it does
appear so in Myth. I have also noticed, when watching livetv, a panning
scene has slow downs when the buffer is flushed/written. Playing a
pre-recorded show doesn't have the issues. Video's from a remote source
(1gig network) play's perfectly.

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-January/325763.html
<-- This might have been the start of it all....

Cheers,

Pieter
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 final -- Delayed until approximatelyApril 9th [ In reply to ]
On 3/31/12 1:55 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
>> There are primarily two tickets that are concerning, #9830 and #10519.
>
>> These heavily impact Live TV usage with analog capture cards and
>> should be fixable with a few more days of attention.
>
>> -- Daniel
>
> Is there any headway on the issue of Live TV crashing locking for
> several seconds then exiting to the main menu every time a program
> change occurs? It has become pretty much 100% "reliable" for me that it
> will happen every time a program change occurs.

Is this what you are talking about:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9830

If so, there has been some work on it.
Re: [mythtv] 0.25 final -- Delayed until approximatelyApril 9th [ In reply to ]
On 31 Mar 2012, at 20:51, Bob K Mertz wrote:

> On 3/31/12 1:55 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
>>> There are primarily two tickets that are concerning, #9830 and #10519.
>>
>>> These heavily impact Live TV usage with analog capture cards and
>>> should be fixable with a few more days of attention.
>>
>>> -- Daniel
>>
>> Is there any headway on the issue of Live TV crashing locking for
>> several seconds then exiting to the main menu every time a program
>> change occurs? It has become pretty much 100% "reliable" for me that it
>> will happen every time a program change occurs.
>>

> Is this what you are talking about:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9830
>
> If so, there has been some work on it.

No, I believe this is the ticket thats being referred to: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490

This is affecting my live TV too with v0.25-rc-111-gc7a1e81

Joe