Mailing List Archive

HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others
I recently purchased a HDHomeRun Prime to run beside my HDHomeRun on
my home myth system. While clear QAM recordings off of the HDHomeRun
work as before, I am able to record some Extended Basic channels like
USA or FOOD but can record others like HISTORY off the HDHomeRun
Prime. Can you help?

Here is the technical detail:

# rpm -qa | grep mythtv-backend
mythtv-backend-0.24.2-279.fc15.x86_64

# uname -r
2.6.42.9-2.fc15.x86_64

Both devices are installed on my home LAN which is managed by a
DD-WRT router. Internet service is provided by Comcast and both
devices are always assigned the same LAN IP address through
MAC-based, statically assigned DHCP IP address allocation.

I reconfigured both devices to function on my MBE server via
mythtv-setup in accordance with the "Configuring MythTV for the
HDHomeRun Prime" wiki.

After procuring and installing a Comcast CableCARD into the HDHomeRun
Prime, I called Comcast technical support to have them issue a
grandslam hit aka cold hit aka DAC Init "hit" to the HDHomeRun Prime.
They did, several times.

I also reran scte65scan (scte65scan -H <name_of_device> -p -f4,<x> -V
3061 us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > <Z>vct.sql) for
both devices where <name of device> was obtained from:

$ libhdhomerun/hdhomerun_config discover

<x> is the sourceid (1) for the Extended Basic encrypted channel set
for the HDHomeRun Prime and then for the sourceid (2) for the
unencrypted channel set for the HDHomeRun. I then installed those
updates where <Z> added either QAM- or EB- to designated the
different channel sets to mythconverg per the scte65scan wiki.

I then checked in mythweb to see that everything looked OK (which it
did). When a TV show was scheduled to be recorded it was was
designated to use the correct device (HDHomeRun for clear QAM and
HDHomeRun Prime for encrypted Extended Basic).

Now, when I try to record some Extended Basic channels like USA-W or
FOOD off of the HDHomeRun Prime, the recording starts but no bits get
written to my backend store. No error messages that I can find get
logged. Other Extended Basic encrypted channels like HISTORY record
just fine. All clear QAM recordings from the HDHomeRun work fine as before.

I am dead in the water and at a loss as to how to proceed to resolve
this. Any ideas?

-- Mache

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On 3/25/2012 17:09, Mache Creeger wrote:
> While clear QAM recordings off of the HDHomeRun work as before

That doesn't sound quite right. The HDHomeRun Prime operates as a
standard ClearQAM tuner only when there is no cablecard present. When
one is installed, you can only record instance per tuner simultaneously
(no multirec), and you must specify channels through the virtual channel
numbering and the table received through the cablecard from Comcast.

If you are still able to use the device as a standard Clear QAM
HDHomeRun, something is not set up properly.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
All clear QAM goes through the original HDHomeRun, not the Prime. The
Prime is the only device causing problems.

-- Mache

At 03:12 PM 3/25/2012, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>On 3/25/2012 17:09, Mache Creeger wrote:
>>While clear QAM recordings off of the HDHomeRun work as before
>
>That doesn't sound quite right. The HDHomeRun Prime operates as a
>standard ClearQAM tuner only when there is no cablecard
>present. When one is installed, you can only record instance per
>tuner simultaneously (no multirec), and you must specify channels
>through the virtual channel numbering and the table received through
>the cablecard from Comcast.
>
>If you are still able to use the device as a standard Clear QAM
>HDHomeRun, something is not set up properly.
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On 3/25/2012 18:22, Mache Creeger wrote:
> All clear QAM goes through the original HDHomeRun, not the Prime. The
> Prime is the only device causing problems.

Ah. I missed that you had two separate devices.
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:

>
> Now, when I try to record some Extended Basic channels like USA-W or FOOD
> off of the HDHomeRun Prime, the recording starts but no bits get written to
> my backend store. No error messages that I can find get logged. Other
> Extended Basic encrypted channels like HISTORY record just fine. All clear
> QAM recordings from the HDHomeRun work fine as before.
>
> I am dead in the water and at a loss as to how to proceed to resolve this.
> Any ideas?
>
>
Can you check the vstatus on those channels that aren't recording. e.g.,

mike$ hdhomerun_config discover
hdhomerun device 201131C8 found at 192.168.184.169

mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 set /tuner0/vchannel 181

mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 get /tuner0/vstatus
vch=181 name=Food Network HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a

Also, you can point your browser to the ip address of your Prime and look
at the log to make sure everything looks correct on the Prime, independent
of MythTV.

--Mike
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
$ hdhomerun_config discover
hdhomerun device 1313ED16 found at 192.168.1.XY
hdhomerun device 1017E6CB found at 192.168.1.AB
$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 49
$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
vch=49 name=AMC auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none

HDHomeRun Prime Log

19700101-00:00:00 System: reset reason = power on
19700101-00:00:01 CableCARD: M-CARD inserted
19700101-00:00:03 System: network link 1000f
19700101-00:00:03 System: ip address obtained: 192.168.1.XY / 255.255.255.0
19700101-00:00:05 CableCARD: Motorola card (0000:0QRS)
19700101-00:00:05 CableCARD: authentication status: authentication in progress
19700101-00:00:05 CableCARD: authentication status: authentication
success, activation success
20120325-21:58:53 CableCARD: time changed from Thu Jan 01 00:01:59
1970 to Sun Mar 25 21:58:53 2012

CableCARD Status
Card Manufacturer Motorola
Card Authentication success
Card Activation success
3DES encryption supported
OOB Frequency 75.250 MHz
OOB Lock 2.048 Mbps
Signal Strength 97% (-1.3 dBmV)
Signal Quality 100% (38.1 dB)
Channel List cablecard-oob


At 04:36 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Mache Creeger
><<mailto:mache@creeger.com>mache@creeger.com> wrote:
>
>Now, when I try to record some Extended Basic channels like USA-W or
>FOOD off of the HDHomeRun Prime, the recording starts but no bits
>get written to my backend store. No error messages that I can find
>get logged. Other Extended Basic encrypted channels like HISTORY
>record just fine. All clear QAM recordings from the HDHomeRun work
>fine as before.
>
>I am dead in the water and at a loss as to how to proceed to resolve
>this. Any ideas?
>
>
>Can you check the vstatus on those channels that aren't recording. e.g.,
>
>mike$ hdhomerun_config discover
>hdhomerun device 201131C8 found at 192.168.184.169
>
>mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 set /tuner0/vchannel 181
>
>mike$ hdhomerun_config 201131C8 get /tuner0/vstatus
>vch=181 name=Food Network HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a
>
>Also, you can point your browser to the ip address of your Prime and
>look at the log to make sure everything looks correct on the Prime,
>independent of MythTV.
>
>--Mike
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:

> $ hdhomerun_config discover
> hdhomerun device 1313ED16 found at 192.168.1.XY
> hdhomerun device 1017E6CB found at 192.168.1.AB
> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 49
> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
> vch=49 name=AMC auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>

I think 'auth=unspecified' means AMC is unecrypted, so I don't think that
should be causing your problem. Can you tune one that has 'auth=subscribed'?
Does AMC record properly with your Prime; you mentioned other channels in
your first message?
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
At 05:06 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:


>On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Mache Creeger
><<mailto:mache@creeger.com>mache@creeger.com> wrote:
>$ hdhomerun_config discover
>hdhomerun device 1313ED16 found at 192.168.1.XY
>hdhomerun device 1017E6CB found at 192.168.1.AB
>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 49
>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>vch=49 name=AMC auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>
>
>I think 'auth=unspecified' means AMC is unecrypted, so I don't think
>that should be causing your problem. Can you tune one that has
>'auth=subscribed'?
>Does AMC record properly with your Prime; you mentioned other
>channels in your first message?

AMC does not record with the Prime and to the best of knowledge is
encrypted as an Extended Basic Channel. Perhaps this is part of the problem.

I know FOOD Network is encrypted and so is USA. In both cases, the
information is the same and they will not record on the Prime as well.

-- Mache

$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 34
$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
vch=34 name=FOOD auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none

$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 42
$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
vch=42 name=USA-W auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
At 05:18 PM 3/25/2012, Mache Creeger wrote:
>At 05:06 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:
>
>
>>On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Mache Creeger
>><<mailto:mache@creeger.com>mache@creeger.com> wrote:
>>$ hdhomerun_config discover
>>hdhomerun device 1313ED16 found at 192.168.1.XY
>>hdhomerun device 1017E6CB found at 192.168.1.AB
>>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 49
>>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>>vch=49 name=AMC auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>>
>>
>>I think 'auth=unspecified' means AMC is unecrypted, so I don't
>>think that should be causing your problem. Can you tune one that
>>has 'auth=subscribed'?
>>Does AMC record properly with your Prime; you mentioned other
>>channels in your first message?
>
>AMC does not record with the Prime and to the best of knowledge is
>encrypted as an Extended Basic Channel. Perhaps this is part of the problem.
>
>I know FOOD Network is encrypted and so is USA. In both cases, the
>information is the same and they will not record on the Prime as well.
>
>-- Mache
>
>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 34
>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>vch=34 name=FOOD auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>
>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 42
>$ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>vch=42 name=USA-W auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none

I went through lots of channels on the Prime, clear QAM, Extended
Basic, and Premium and they are all

auth=unspecified

How do I fix that?

-- Mache
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:
> At 05:18 PM 3/25/2012, Mache Creeger wrote:
>
> At 05:06 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:
>
>
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote: $
> hdhomerun_config discover hdhomerun device 1313ED16 found at 192.168.1.XY
> hdhomerun device 1017E6CB found at 192.168.1.AB $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16
> set /tuner0/vchannel 49 $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
> vch=49 name=AMC auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>
>
> I think 'auth=unspecified' means AMC is unecrypted, so I don't think that
> should be causing your problem. Can you tune one that has 'auth=subscribed'?
> Does AMC record properly with your Prime; you mentioned other channels in
> your first message?
>
>
> AMC does not record with the Prime and to the best of knowledge is encrypted
> as an Extended Basic Channel. Perhaps this is part of the problem.
>
> I know FOOD Network is encrypted and so is USA. In both cases, the
> information is the same and they will not record on the Prime as well.
>
> -- Mache
>
> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 34
>
> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
> vch=34 name=FOOD auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>
> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 42
>
> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
> vch=42 name=USA-W auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>
>
> I went through lots of channels on the Prime, clear QAM, Extended Basic, and
> Premium and they are all
>
> auth=unspecified
>
> How do I fix that?
>
> -- Mache
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>


I don't have a Prime, but dealing with cablecards can be a bit
problematic from the aspect that cable companies are notorious for
having customers accounts improperly configured. Doing the grandslam
like you mentioned only pushes all the configuration out to the
cablecard. It doesn't do anything useful for you if the cable company
doesn't have your account properly setup in the first place.

So, it's best to try to take as many things out of the equation as
possible. To this end, I believe silicondust offers a GUI video player
that you can use to tune and test the channels. Using this, you can
very quickly determine whether the problem is with the
prime/cablecard/provisioning or whether it's a problem with your myth
configuration. I'd start there and only worry about myth once you know
that the channels themselves are working.

--
Ron Frazier
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron@ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>
>
> I don't have a Prime, but dealing with cablecards can be a bit
> problematic from the aspect that cable companies are notorious for
> having customers accounts improperly configured. Doing the grandslam
> like you mentioned only pushes all the configuration out to the
> cablecard. It doesn't do anything useful for you if the cable company
> doesn't have your account properly setup in the first place.
>
> So, it's best to try to take as many things out of the equation as
> possible. To this end, I believe silicondust offers a GUI video player
> that you can use to tune and test the channels. Using this, you can
> very quickly determine whether the problem is with the
> prime/cablecard/provisioning or whether it's a problem with your myth
> configuration. I'd start there and only worry about myth once you know
> that the channels themselves are working.
>
> Ronald is correct. Try using hdhomerun_config_gui to tune and view (I
think it just launches vlc) channels with your Prime. I think if you search
the MythTV-users archive you will find people having problems getting their
cablecard provisioned properly on their cable company account and sometimes
having it removed and re-added to their account fixes things.
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
At 06:06 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Ronald Frazier
><<mailto:ron@ronfrazier.net>ron@ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>>I don't have a Prime, but dealing with cablecards can be a bit
>>problematic from the aspect that cable companies are notorious for
>>having customers accounts improperly configured. Doing the grandslam
>>like you mentioned only pushes all the configuration out to the
>>cablecard. It doesn't do anything useful for you if the cable company
>>doesn't have your account properly setup in the first place.
>>
>>So, it's best to try to take as many things out of the equation as
>>possible. To this end, I believe silicondust offers a GUI video player
>>that you can use to tune and test the channels. Using this, you can
>>very quickly determine whether the problem is with the
>>prime/cablecard/provisioning or whether it's a problem with your myth
>>configuration. I'd start there and only worry about myth once you know
>>that the channels themselves are working.
>
>Ronald is correct. Try using hdhomerun_config_gui to tune and view
>(I think it just launches vlc) channels with your Prime. I think if
>you search the MythTV-users archive you will find people having
>problems getting their cablecard provisioned properly on their cable
>company account and sometimes having it removed and re-added to
>their account fixes things.

While Myth is still not functioning on my HDHomeRun Prime I seem to
have gained access to Extended Basic using the Windows version of
hdhomerun_config_gui and VLC. However, the virtual channel numbers
seem to be screwed up. When I type in channel 42 using us-cable on
hdhomerun_config_gui, I get 12 program selections in the dropbox. Not
one of them is the virtual channel 42 which is USA-W but all of them
are valid Extended Basic virtual channels that I can decrypt and view
with VLC. Accessing channel 43 using us-cable, also gives me a
selection of 12 valid Extended Basic channels, one of which (Program
7) is USA-W which I can view.

Going to the HDHomeRun Prime web page and clicking on Channel Lineup
gives a list of correct virtual channel numbers with its
corresponding channel name.

My questions are:

What does the channel number mean on hdhomerun_config_gui? Is it a
physical channel that has no relationship to a Comcast virtual channel?
What is the difference between us-cable, us-hrc, and us-irc? For
Comcast in the San Francisco area, should I care?
Does Comcast download a virtual channel map to the CableCARD? If so,
could mine be screwed up?
Assuming I have already run a scte65scan procedure per the wiki, how
can I check or repair how Myth tunes and decrypts the HDHomeRun Prime.

Thanks,

-- Mache
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
At 04:08 PM 3/26/2012, Mache Creeger wrote:
>At 06:06 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:
>>On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Ronald Frazier
>><<mailto:ron@ronfrazier.net>ron@ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>>>I don't have a Prime, but dealing with cablecards can be a bit
>>>problematic from the aspect that cable companies are notorious for
>>>having customers accounts improperly configured. Doing the grandslam
>>>like you mentioned only pushes all the configuration out to the
>>>cablecard. It doesn't do anything useful for you if the cable company
>>>doesn't have your account properly setup in the first place.
>>>
>>>So, it's best to try to take as many things out of the equation as
>>>possible. To this end, I believe silicondust offers a GUI video player
>>>that you can use to tune and test the channels. Using this, you can
>>>very quickly determine whether the problem is with the
>>>prime/cablecard/provisioning or whether it's a problem with your myth
>>>configuration. I'd start there and only worry about myth once you know
>>>that the channels themselves are working.
>>
>>Ronald is correct. Try using hdhomerun_config_gui to tune and view
>>(I think it just launches vlc) channels with your Prime. I think if
>>you search the MythTV-users archive you will find people having
>>problems getting their cablecard provisioned properly on their
>>cable company account and sometimes having it removed and re-added
>>to their account fixes things.
>
>While Myth is still not functioning on my HDHomeRun Prime I seem to
>have gained access to Extended Basic using the Windows version of
>hdhomerun_config_gui and VLC. However, the virtual channel numbers
>seem to be screwed up. When I type in channel 42 using us-cable on
>hdhomerun_config_gui, I get 12 program selections in the dropbox.
>Not one of them is the virtual channel 42 which is USA-W but all of
>them are valid Extended Basic virtual channels that I can decrypt
>and view with VLC. Accessing channel 43 using us-cable, also gives
>me a selection of 12 valid Extended Basic channels, one of which
>(Program 7) is USA-W which I can view.
>
>Going to the HDHomeRun Prime web page and clicking on Channel Lineup
>gives a list of correct virtual channel numbers with its
>corresponding channel name.
>
>My questions are:
>
>What does the channel number mean on hdhomerun_config_gui? Is it a
>physical channel that has no relationship to a Comcast virtual channel?
>What is the difference between us-cable, us-hrc, and us-irc? For
>Comcast in the San Francisco area, should I care?
>Does Comcast download a virtual channel map to the CableCARD? If so,
>could mine be screwed up?
>Assuming I have already run a scte65scan procedure per the wiki, how
>can I check or repair how Myth tunes and decrypts the HDHomeRun Prime.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-- Mache

Additional information.

Selecting the CableCARD tab from the hdhomerun setup program in the
hdhomerun_config_gui Windows package, shows a full and complete list
of virtual Comcast channels with their corresponding names. Clicking
on the virtual channel number launches VLC and streams the correct
channel in all cases.

Assuming I have screwed up the virtual channel map to myth, how do
reset it to be correct?

-- Mache
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 23:08, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:
....
> My questions are:
>
> What does the channel number mean on hdhomerun_config_gui? Is it a physical
> channel that has no relationship to a Comcast virtual channel?

Correct. That particular app (I am guessing) predates the Prime,
and works well for the clear QAM tuners where you need the
real physical channel and program number.

> What is the difference between us-cable, us-hrc, and us-irc? For Comcast in
> the San Francisco area, should I care?

Comcast in the Bay Area appears to use us-cable (no, you usually do not care).

> Does Comcast download a virtual channel map to the CableCARD? If so, could
> mine be screwed up?

Yes, the channel map is downloaded. However, the map says
nothing about whether you are "subscribed" to the channel
(the map is for all the channels Comcast has). As (I think)
Ron said, there are two parts to it all working. The first
is the card activation (where the card "mates" with the tuner
and the headend authorizes the card using the magic numbers
you read to Comcast), and the second is the card has to
receive the channels you are allowed to view ("subscribed").

Since you running this on Windows, open the viewer app,
which shows the virtual channels on the (as I recall) right
part of the screen. First, try accessing something that
is probably being broadcast in clear QAM (usually the
low channels like 2-12). It should start displaying in
the window. Then try accessing USA-W. Either it will
start displaying, or after some period nothing happens,
or you get an error message about not being subscribed.
If nothing happens in about 30-60 seconds, try again
from the top (low channel, then USA-W).

If it says "not subscribed" or "encrypted", then Comcast
has not properly provisioned your card (and Ron indicated
some of the challenges). Calling Comcast and telling
them that you are "not able to tune your subscribed
channels" usually triggers the correct next steps in
the Comcast process (they have heard those words
before).

Gary
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 23:36, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:
....
> Assuming I have screwed up the virtual channel map to myth, how do reset it
> to be correct?

Safest solution is to go into myth-setup, delete any
(and all) HDHomeRun Prime capture cards, and
start over following the wiki instructions at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
Thanks Gary,

Based on the wiki, I am assuming I no longer need to run Scte65scan
to get the HDHomeRun Prime working. Let me know if that is true or not.

-- Mache

At 04:58 PM 3/26/2012, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 23:36, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:
>....
> > Assuming I have screwed up the virtual channel map to myth, how do reset it
> > to be correct?
>
>Safest solution is to go into myth-setup, delete any
>(and all) HDHomeRun Prime capture cards, and
>start over following the wiki instructions at:
>
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:
> Thanks Gary,
>
> Based on the wiki, I am assuming I no longer need to run Scte65scan to get
> the HDHomeRun Prime working. Let me know if that is true or not.

Correct. Scte65scan is not necessary for cable card devices.

Eric
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
On 03/25/2012 08:23 PM, Mache Creeger wrote:
> At 05:18 PM 3/25/2012, Mache Creeger wrote:
>> At 05:06 PM 3/25/2012, Mike Chinander wrote:
>>
>>
>>> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com
>>> <mailto:mache@creeger.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> $ hdhomerun_config discover
>>> hdhomerun device 1313ED16 found at 192.168.1.XY
>>> hdhomerun device 1017E6CB found at 192.168.1.AB
>>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 49
>>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>>> vch=49 name=AMC auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>>>
>>>
>>> I think 'auth=unspecified' means AMC is unecrypted, so I don't think
>>> that should be causing your problem. Can you tune one that has
>>> 'auth=subscribed'?
>>> Does AMC record properly with your Prime; you mentioned other
>>> channels in your first message?
>>
>> AMC does not record with the Prime and to the best of knowledge is
>> encrypted as an Extended Basic Channel. Perhaps this is part of the
>> problem.
>>
>> I know FOOD Network is encrypted and so is USA. In both cases, the
>> information is the same and they will not record on the Prime as well.
>>
>> -- Mache
>>
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 34
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>> vch=34 name=FOOD auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>>
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 set /tuner0/vchannel 42
>> $ hdhomerun_config 1313ED16 get /tuner0/vstatus
>> vch=42 name=USA-W auth=unspecified cci=none cgms=none
>
> I went through lots of channels on the Prime, clear QAM, Extended Basic,
> and Premium and they are all
>
> auth=unspecified
>
> How do I fix that?
>
This sounds a bit like my experience getting my HDHRPrime set up with
Comcast. In my case, the card was "activated", but not properly matched
to my Comcast account. Therefore it didn't know that it was entitled to
any of my past-broadcast channels.

I found suggestions here, then got on the phone again with Comcast. The
woman was very courteous and helpful. She did something, told me it
might be as much as an hour, and gave me the next-level support phone
number, in case what she did didn't fix things for me. Within an hour
all was well, and I could get all of my entitled channels.

Dale Pontius
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: HDHomerun Prime - Some Comcast Extended Basic Record, Not Others [ In reply to ]
I followed exactly the instructions Gary pointed you to, and got it
working under Myth first time I tried.

Dale Pontius
On 03/26/2012 08:40 PM, Mache Creeger wrote:
> Thanks Gary,
>
> Based on the wiki, I am assuming I no longer need to run Scte65scan to
> get the HDHomeRun Prime working. Let me know if that is true or not.
>
> -- Mache
>
> At 04:58 PM 3/26/2012, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 23:36, Mache Creeger <mache@creeger.com> wrote:
>> ....
>> > Assuming I have screwed up the virtual channel map to myth, how do
>> reset it
>> > to be correct?
>>
>> Safest solution is to go into myth-setup, delete any
>> (and all) HDHomeRun Prime capture cards, and
>> start over following the wiki instructions at:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users