Mailing List Archive

MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV
Hello,

This is a follow on from another thread, where Jean-Yves Avenard and others were helping me to work through some performance issue with MythFrontend on Mac OS X.

I've decided to create a new thread for this, as the original subject doesn't really apply to this issue.

My backend:
MythTV Version : v0.25-beta-107-gc09b076
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120307-2
QT Version : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libxml2

Frontend:
MythTV Version : v0.25-beta-105-gf261f8e
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120307-2
QT Version : 4.6.4
Options compiled in:
debug use_hidesyms darwin_da using_corevideo using_backend using_bindings_php using_darwin using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_iptv using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_libudf using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_appleremote using_bindings_php using_darwin_da using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libxml2 using_libudf

When I try to watch live TV from the frontend, I get a message displayed "Error Opening jump program file buffer in Live TV" or sometimes a message like "Failed to read buffer too many times", then moments later MythFrontend crashes with a segfault. Here's log with audio,file debugging on: http://pastebin.com/GtnmnVY8 . I doubt it's of any use, but here's the Mac OS X crash report too: http://pastebin.com/vjGirB16á

Here's my log from the backend server with all debug info on at the same time: http://pastebin.com/KHpHXFjJ

I'm also getting thousands of messages in my backend logs like this:

2012-03-15 07:16:23.585144 E PSIP table 0x82 is invalid
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607022 I PESPacket: Failed CRC check 0x88fb00f != 0xfad29e62 for StreamID = 0x84
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607027 E PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x1033) type(0x84)
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607033 I PESPacket: Failed CRC check 0x60b2298b != 0xdc8e2e56 for StreamID = 0x84
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607035 E PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x1033) type(0x84)
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607040 I PESPacket: Failed CRC check 0xfcf6b6d2 != 0xd7e5e198 for StreamID = 0x84
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607042 E PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x1033) type(0x84)
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607046 I PESPaácket: Failed CRC check 0x8d1dbf92 != 0x82565252 for StreamID = 0x84
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607048 E PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x1033) type(0x84)
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607052 I PESPacket: Failed CRC check 0x81fdbddf != 0xdae8cb56 for StreamID = 0x84
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607054 E PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x1033) type(0x84)
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607058 I PESPacket: Failed CRC check 0x3c895f04 != 0xafb11e70 for StreamID = 0x84
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607060 E PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x1033) type(0x84)
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607066 I PESPacket: Failed CRC check 0xc08e1753 != 0xecdb6147 for StreamID = 0x84
2012-03-15 07:16:23.607068 E PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x1033) type(0x84)
2012-03-15 07:16:24.301321 E PSIPTable: Failed CRC check 0x13f26f9d != 0x5ec50fdb for StreamID = 0x82
2012-03-15 07:16:24.301340 E PSIP table 0x82 is invalid

I'm not sure if it's related to the segfault of the frontend, but though it best to mention it any way.

Also worth noting: my backend does not crash when the frontend does, which points to the frontent configuration as being the problem, but I'm not sure.

If a trace of the frontend would be of any use, please let me know and I'll try to get one.

Many thanks,

Joe
Re: MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV [ In reply to ]
On 15 March 2012 21:53, Joe Nyland <joenyland@me.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a follow on from another thread, where Jean-Yves Avenard and others
> were helping me to work through some performance issue with MythFrontend on
> Mac OS X.
>
> I've decided to create a new thread for this, as the original subject
> doesn't really apply to this issue.

Please raise a bug in trac (code.mythtv.org), using the latest build,
and providing a full backtrace.

How to generate a backtrace is identical to doing it in linux, except
that the name of the executable is
MythFrontend.app/Content/MacOs/MythFrontend

Thanks
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV [ In reply to ]
Here's the backtrace anyway, as I figured it would be useful: http://pastebin.com/rS652HUP

Also, the associated log file from that run of MythFrontend: http://pastebin.com/1C5Yer3b

Thanks,

Joe
Re: MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV [ In reply to ]
On 15 March 2012 23:02, <joenyland@me.com> wrote:
> Here's the backtrace anyway, as I figured it would be useful:
> http://pastebin.com/rS652HUP
>
> Also, the associated log file from that run of MythFrontend:
> http://pastebin.com/1C5Yer3b

Yeah, but I want to see this with the latest build.

The crash is in Qt... so obviously as the build you used were build
against Qt 4.6.4, it will make a difference..

not really interested in tracking a potential Qt bug in an old Qt lib
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV [ In reply to ]
-----Original message-----
From:Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>
Sent:Thu 15-03-2012 12:26
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>;
On 15 March 2012 23:02,  <joenyland@me.com> wrote:
> Here's the backtrace anyway, as I figured it would be useful:
> http://pastebin.com/rS652HUP
>
> Also, the associated log file from that run of MythFrontend:
> http://pastebin.com/1C5Yer3b

Yeah, but I want to see this with the latest build.

The crash is in Qt... so obviously as the build you used were build
against Qt 4.6.4, it will make a difference..

not really interested in tracking a potential Qt bug in an old Qt lib
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

Apologies - I've suddenly stopped receiving emails from this list to my primary email account, other mailing lists are getting through ok, which is strange... I therefore didn't know you'd replied to my email about the crashing when viewing live TV.

 
Great news that you have the new builds up! I'll get them downloaded now, ready for when I get home. Hopefully this should solve a few headaches! I'll report back with the outcome.

 
Many thanks,

 
Joe
Re: MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV [ In reply to ]
On 15 Mar 2012, at 13:41, Joe Nyland wrote:

> -----Original message-----
> From: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>
> Sent: Thu 15-03-2012 12:26
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>;
> On 15 March 2012 23:02, <joenyland@me.com> wrote:
> > Here's the backtrace anyway, as I figured it would be useful:
> > http://pastebin.com/rS652HUP
> >
> > Also, the associated log file from that run of MythFrontend:
> > http://pastebin.com/1C5Yer3b
>
> Yeah, but I want to see this with the latest build.
>
> The crash is in Qt... so obviously as the build you used were build
> against Qt 4.6.4, it will make a difference..
>
> not really interested in tracking a potential Qt bug in an old Qt lib
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> Apologies - I've suddenly stopped receiving emails from this list to my primary email account, other mailing lists are getting through ok, which is strange... I therefore didn't know you'd replied to my email about the crashing when viewing live TV.
>
> Great news that you have the new builds up! I'll get them downloaded now, ready for when I get home. Hopefully this should solve a few headaches! I'll report back with the outcome.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Joe

OK, so I've downloaded your latest build and I'm pleased to say that you've resolved the performance problems, which I originally reported! - thank you so much for this!

However, live TV is still not working for me. I'm still getting an error saying "Error opening jump programme file" when selecting Live TV.

I'll log a ticket on Trac about this, as it's happening on a Windows 7 VM too, as well as my two frontends.

Thanks again for your help with the frontend performance issue!

Joe
Re: MythFrontend Segfaults on Mac OS X when attempting to view live TV [ In reply to ]
> OK, so I've downloaded your latest build and I'm pleased to say that you've resolved the performance problems, which I originally reported! - thank you so much for this!
>
> However, live TV is still not working for me. I'm still getting an error saying "Error opening jump programme file" when selecting Live TV.
>
> I'll log a ticket on Trac about this, as it's happening on a Windows 7 VM too, as well as my two frontends.
>
> Thanks again for your help with the frontend performance issue!
>
> Joe

Trac ticket for this issue is: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10462

Joe