Mailing List Archive

Anysee N7 usable with myth?
Hi all,

Since I am still using an old MythDora5 on a 7 year old machine, I am
thinking of updating my system later this year with new hardware and a new
version of Myth (0.25 by then).
Found this tuner on the net, and was wondering if it would be usable with
myth?

http://www.anysee.eu/eng/product/anyseeN7TC_3.php

>From what I read it seems to be able to produce a m3u file, which can be
used with vlc on win or a mac. But I have no experience with iptv (or is
this not?)
Can myth handle this for recordings?

TIA

Rgds

--
L. de Braal
BraHa Systems

Re: Anysee N7 usable with myth? [ In reply to ]
Any experiences with Anysee N7 ?

/Svend

Re: Anysee N7 usable with myth? [ In reply to ]
Hi

On 15 March 2012 06:00, Leen de Braal <ldb@braha.nl> wrote:
> >From what I read it seems to be able to produce a m3u file, which can be
> used with vlc on win or a mac. But I have no experience with iptv (or is
> this not?)
> Can myth handle this for recordings?

If it produces a playlist file that can be used by VLC

Then this can likely be used by mythtv using the FREEBOX capture card type.

Create a capture card, set the type as FREEBOX, enter the URL to the m3u file.

I have found sometimes that the URL used for VLC need to be slightly
modified to be used by myth:
rtp://@233.29.121.39:1234

into:
rtp://233.29.121.39:1234

remove the @ in front of the address.
Re: Anysee N7 usable with myth? [ In reply to ]
> Any experiences with Anysee N7 ?

Not yet, did not buy one yet, and my old system is still running.
Price is quite high here, and I wanted to be more sure before I buy one or
two of these.
As you may have noticed, your mail is the first answer to my thread, this
tuner seems not to be so common.
They are sold as MCE compatible here, no mention of support for linux.

How do you become interested? Are they already offered in your country?
Scandinavia somewhere (I presume from your name)?

> /Svend
>
> 2012/3/14 Leen de Braal <ldb@braha.nl>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since I am still using an old MythDora5 on a 7 year old machine, I am
>> thinking of updating my system later this year with new hardware and a
>> new
>> version of Myth (0.25 by then).
>> Found this tuner on the net, and was wondering if it would be usable
>> with
>> myth?
>>
>> http://www.anysee.eu/eng/product/anyseeN7TC_3.php
>>
>> >From what I read it seems to be able to produce a m3u file, which can
>> be
>> used with vlc on win or a mac. But I have no experience with iptv (or is
>> this not?)
>> Can myth handle this for recordings?
>>

>> TIA
>>
>> Rgds
>>
>> --
>> L. de Braal
>> BraHa Systems
>> NL - Terneuzen
>> T +31 115 649333
>> F +31 115 649444

L. de Braal
BraHa Systems
NL - Terneuzen
T +31 115 649333
F +31 115 649444

Re: Anysee N7 usable with myth? [ In reply to ]
> Hi
>
> On 15 March 2012 06:00, Leen de Braal <ldb@braha.nl> wrote:
>> >From what I read it seems to be able to produce a m3u file, which can
>> be
>> used with vlc on win or a mac. But I have no experience with iptv (or is
>> this not?)
>> Can myth handle this for recordings?
>
> If it produces a playlist file that can be used by VLC
>
> Then this can likely be used by mythtv using the FREEBOX capture card
> type.
>
> Create a capture card, set the type as FREEBOX, enter the URL to the m3u
> file.

How about tuning for a scheduled recording?
Is this possible with a m3u file?? Sorry but I do not know this technique
yet.

Re: Anysee N7 usable with myth? [ In reply to ]

an internet search led me to
https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boards/4/topics/2771
That post suggests that the playlist refers to the stations via http
links. HTTP transport is not supported by the network recorder.
(yet, its easy to patch in for specific use cases)

>> If it produces a playlist file that can be used by VLC
>>
>> Then this can likely be used by mythtv using the FREEBOX capture card
>> type.

In my testing I used a playlist with rtsp urls that point to an
instance of vlc running as translation server (converting elementary
audio streams over shoutcast to single program transport streams over
rtsp)

>> Create a capture card, set the type as FREEBOX, enter the URL to the m3u
>> file.
>>

> How about tuning for a scheduled recording?
> Is this possible with a m3u file?? Sorry but I do not know this technique
> yet.

Tuning is done by having one entry per stations in the playlist.

>> I have found sometimes that the URL used for VLC need to be slightly
>> modified to be used by myth:
>> rtp://@233.29.121.39:1234
>>
>> into:
>> rtp://233.29.121.39:1234
>>
>> remove the @ in front of the address.

for an example of my setup see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Dekarl/How_to_remux_elementary_streams_to_look_like_a_Freebox
I think you can do the same by just leaving out the "mux ES in TS" part.

Regards,
Karl