Hello,

I didn't think it wise to hijack John Mason's thread about his EIT suddenly stopping working, so I hope it's ok if I do it like this?

Whilst reading through the list today, I noticed that John Veness said that he was using EIT for radio station listings and at the same time using XMLTV for TV listings:

On 07 Mar, 2012,at 12:11 PM, John Veness <John.Veness.mythtv@pelago.org.uk> wrote:

> I use XMLTV (tv_grab_uk_rt) personally for my TV stations, mainly
> because I get 14-day listings rather than 7 day, although I do use DVB
> EIT for radio stations transmitting on DVB-T as tv_grab_uk_rt doesn't
> cover those stations. You could investigate moving to XMLTV, although it
> would be interesting to find out why EIT isn't working for you.
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to suggest about that.

I've been using XMLTV in Myth for a good while now, but I must admit I miss having the ability to access listings for radio stations from Myth. How does one achieve this kind of setup - where listings for certain channels are provided by EIT and other channels are provided by XMLTV? I know this may seem a very basic question to everyone on the list, but I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Joe Nyland
Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB [ In reply to ]
On 7 March 2012 13:02, <joenyland@me.com> wrote:

> I've been using XMLTV in Myth for a good while now, but I must admit I
> miss having the ability to access listings for radio stations from Myth.
> How does one achieve this kind of setup - where listings for certain
> channels are provided by EIT and other channels are provided by XMLTV? I
> know this may seem a very basic question to everyone on the list, but I'd
> appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Nyland

Joe,

I find the easiest way to do this is via mythweb. Go into settings and
then channel info. Then just tick "useonairguide" next to the channels
you want to use EPG. Of course you need to ensure that EIT is enabled in
the appropriate tuner in the backend setup.

I have this setup in the UK, all channels that have XMLTV available use
that, otherwise, EIT is enabled

Cheers

Martin
Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB [ In reply to ]
joenyland@me.com wrote:

>Whilst reading through the list today, I noticed that John Veness
>said that he was using EIT for radio station listings and at the
>same time using XMLTV for TV listings:
>I know this may seem a very basic question to everyone on the list,
>but I'd appreciate your help.

Just setup your TV channels for XML-TV (use EIT unticked, xmltv-id
entered), and setup the radio channels for EIT (use EIT ticked,
xmltv-id blank).

And make sure one of your tuners has the (something like) "Use for
EIT" box ticked.

It "just works".

--
Simon Hobson

Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB [ In reply to ]
On 07/03/2012 13:19, Simon Hobson wrote:
> joenyland@me.com wrote:
>
>> Whilst reading through the list today, I noticed that John Veness
>> said that he was using EIT for radio station listings and at the
>> same time using XMLTV for TV listings:
>> I know this may seem a very basic question to everyone on the list,
>> but I'd appreciate your help.
>
> Just setup your TV channels for XML-TV (use EIT unticked, xmltv-id
> entered), and setup the radio channels for EIT (use EIT ticked,
> xmltv-id blank).
>
> And make sure one of your tuners has the (something like) "Use for
> EIT" box ticked.
>
> It "just works".

Yes, you can set this up in either mythtv-setup, or as Martin Moores
also says, mythweb is probably easier. As well as for radio channels,
you can also use EIT on a few TV channels for which RT don't provide
listings.

Just make sure that you don't have any channels which have *both* an
XMLTVID defined and useonairguide ticked. Although it sounds like a nice
idea, using XMLTV to get 14-day listings, and EIT to deal with last
minute changes, in practice Myth isn't designed to work with this setup,
and you'll find that some programs don't get recorded (or others get
recorded twice, or similar problems) due to the differences between the
XMLTV and EIT listings.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T
Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB [ In reply to ]