Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
Brock Haywood kirjoitti:
> [...]
I removed it and mythweb still works.. I'm confused, because I'm sure
that I tested those mythweb.conf settings earlier, and then it didn't
work ..

-Kane
Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
On 2010-12-02 21:21, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
>>> Bill,
>>> Thanks for your help. It appears that I had lines wrongly as Jonatan
>>> said. Also modules_path symlink was needed.
>>> Now it works excluding streaming from mythweb, but this is another
>>> story
>>> I think..
>>>
>>> -Kane
>>>

>> If you remove that symlink does it stop working now that you have the
>> apache config correct? Because that symlink should not be required. It
>> just so happens that having it there is masking, IMHO, a bug. I would
>> say that if you remove the symlink and the page doesn't work again then
>> you still have some configuration problems.
>>
>> bh
>>

> I removed it and mythweb still works.. I'm confused, because I'm sure
> that I tested those mythweb.conf settings earlier, and then it didn't
> work ..
>
> -Kane
I'm glad you got it to work, but how did you end up with those lines
swapped in the first place?

--
Jonatan
Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
After building a new mythdora 0.23 system, I checked and all worked fine. After I updated it to 0.24, mythweb broke on me also. I've not had the chance to figure out what's wrong with it yet but seems to be the installer breaking it since I never changed anything.

Mike

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 22:21 +0200, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> I removed it and mythweb still works.. I'm confused, because I'm sure
> that I tested those mythweb.conf settings earlier, and then it didn't
> work ..

Hi;

Kudos to Jonatan. My best /guess/ on the above would be that apache
was not restarted after the change.

Good to hear its running,

Bill Meek

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
> From: "mike@grounded.net" <mike@grounded.net>
>
> After building a new mythdora 0.23 system, I checked and all worked fine.
> After I updated it to 0.24, mythweb broke on me also. I've not had the
> chance to figure out what's wrong with it yet but seems to be the
> installer breaking it since I never changed anything.
>
> Mike

Same here - but only in regards to accessing Mythweb via my Android phone
(see my previous posts). It worked great before under 0.23. I've seen
posts saying it doesn't work on the iPhone now, either. I'm definitely
missing the ability to schedule recordings via the phone. Any progress on
getting this working again?

Apparently it's a php (or path) issue, as I get error messages saying that
files are missing. It works fine when I'm accessing it from a laptop or
desktop. Under 0.23 the default skin worked fine on the phone. ???

Thanks.
Bob

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
On 3 December 2010 06:41, mike@grounded.net <mike@grounded.net> wrote:

> After building a new mythdora 0.23 system, I checked and all worked fine.
> After I updated it to 0.24, mythweb broke on me also. I've not had the
> chance to figure out what's wrong with it yet but seems to be the installer
> breaking it since I never changed anything.
>
> Mike

> >> I removed it and mythweb still works.. I'm confused, because I'm sure
> >> that I tested those mythweb.conf settings earlier, and then it didn't
> >> work ..
> >>
> >> -Kane
> > I'm glad you got it to work, but how did you end up with those lines
> > swapped in the first place?
> >
> > --
> > Jonatan

Hi Mike,

I had the same issue the fix for me is in here, I haven't updated to 0.24-2
yet though

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/462316#462316

Cheers,

Anthony
Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
> I had the same issue the fix for me is in here, I haven't updated to 0.24-2
> yet though

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/462316#462316

I ended up having to rebuild my system back to it's 0.23 version because I was having too many problems. Mythweb came up right away so it will be interesting to see if it breaks when I update to 0.24 tomorrow.

Thanks for the link.

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
Anthony Giggins kirjoitti:

> On 3 December 2010 06:41, mike@grounded.net <mailto:mike@grounded.net>
> <mike@grounded.net <mailto:mike@grounded.net>> wrote:
>
> After building a new mythdora 0.23 system, I checked and all
> worked fine. After I updated it to 0.24, mythweb broke on me also.
> I've not had the chance to figure out what's wrong with it yet but
> seems to be the installer breaking it since I never changed anything.
>
> Mike

> Jonatan
> another

> have the
> required. It
> I would
> again then

> >> I removed it and mythweb still works.. I'm confused, because
> I'm sure
> >> that I tested those mythweb.conf settings earlier, and then it
> didn't
> >> work ..
> >>
> >> -Kane
> > I'm glad you got it to work, but how did you end up with those lines
> > swapped in the first place?
> >
> > --
> > Jonatan
>

> Hi Mike,
>
> I had the same issue the fix for me is in here, I haven't updated to
> 0.24-2 yet though
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/462316#462316
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

Jonatan,
I don't know when they got swapped. i tested so many things, including
swapping those lines, that I must be left it this way by accident.

Bill,

I'm 99% sure that I restarted apache after that change.. but everything
is possible.

Anyway, thanks to all, it is working so far :)

-Kane
Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
Well, my findings are inconsistent.
I rebuilt the machine as 0.23, got everything working, updated to 0.24 and this time, mythweb didn't break.

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
On 5 December 2010 01:53, mike@grounded.net <mike@grounded.net> wrote:

> Well, my findings are inconsistent.
> I rebuilt the machine as 0.23, got everything working, updated to 0.24 and
> this time, mythweb didn't break.
>
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 23:28:49 -0600, mike@grounded.net wrote:
> >> I had the same issue the fix for me is in here, I haven't updated to
> 0.24-
> >> 2
> >>
> >> yet though
> >>
> >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/462316#462316
> >>
> > I ended up having to rebuild my system back to it's 0.23 version because
> > was having too many problems. Mythweb came up right away so it will be
> > interesting to see if it breaks when I update to 0.24 tomorrow.
> >
> > Thanks for the link.

0.24-2 rpm got released last week, I haven't tested this yet to see if it
fixes the issues as I have already applied the work around.

Cheers,

Anthony
Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [ In reply to ]
Hi I read in the the INSTALL file that i needed to have php version 5.3 i
only had php version 5.2 so I upgraded making sure i added sql support and
it fixed everything for me

1 2  View All