Mailing List Archive

Problem: DVB subtitles not showing
I am running mythtv-0.24 and watching channels coming from DVB-S source (Yes/ Amos 4W). The channels playback OK, however I cannot see the subtitles in any of the channels I watch.

I can see the subtitles with other players (i.e. VLC) when I play the stream recorded by Myth. Also I can see in the log that Myth correctly identifies the available subtitles streams, however as said I can get nothing to display on the OSD.

I tried switching subtitles channel (both from the menu and by pressing 't'), changing the OSD font to a hebrew one, playing with the OSD encoding, but nothing helps.

Attached is a log of a run opening a recorded stream, selecting the arabic subtitles, switching to the hebrew one, and switching it off and back on.

Any assistance shall be appreciated!
Re: Problem: DVB subtitles not showing [ In reply to ]
On 6 December 2010 17:15, <yoav@mindless.com> wrote:
> I am running mythtv-0.24 and watching channels coming from DVB-S source
> (Yes/ Amos 4W). The channels playback OK, however I cannot see the subtitles
> in any of the channels I watch.
>
> I can see the subtitles with other players (i.e. VLC) when I play the stream
> recorded by Myth. Also I can see in the log that Myth correctly identifies
> the available subtitles streams, however as said I can get nothing to
> display on the OSD.
>
> I tried switching subtitles channel (both from the menu and by pressing
> 't'), changing the OSD font to a hebrew one, playing with the OSD encoding,
> but nothing helps.
>
> Attached is a log of a run opening a recorded stream, selecting the arabic
> subtitles, switching to the hebrew one, and switching it off and back on.

Can you upload a small clip, say around 30 seconds, to http://filebin.ca

DVB subtitles are decoded as bitmaps and hence the subtitle font is
not relevant.

thanks and regards

Mark
Re: Problem: DVB subtitles not showing [ In reply to ]
I placed a 10MByte clip (violently chopped from the original using dd) under http://filebin.ca/yhfott/2004_20101205131605.mpg
I verified (using VLC) that the subtitles are there.

Thanks

Re: Problem: DVB subtitles not showing [ In reply to ]
I checked this with ffmpeg and apparently work have been done regarding this. The ffmpeg trunk version appears to be demuxing the subtitles stream correctly (although the latest ffmpeg release version still does not, IMHO).

When could I expect to see the new version integrated with Myth? (version 0.25 only?). I wouldn't mind giving the integration a try myself, but I think there is a lot of knowhow related to this I will need to catch up on. Where should I start?