Ham Callsign N5XWB HAMs : " n5xwb@arrl.net "
BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
" http://counter.li.org " #279316

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On 11/25/2010 7:15 PM, Donn Washburn wrote:
> I am new to this list so here goes.
>
> I have Myth 0.24 that I was going to try to compile and install.
> However, .configure using a script I made from "./configure --help
> 1>file" and then using vi edited file. Problem is when run I run it I
> get a cross compile error - problem is I am not cross compiling at
> all. One CPU and one machine. Which variables from "./configure
> --help" would give this problem.

Can you post the actual configure line you're using?
Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
I put it in a file so as to reuse if necessary. Included at your
request. This one has some of the "/configure --help" line already
removed. And if I use just --prefix it does compile to the end but does
show lots of ffmpeg area errors.

On 11/25/2010 09:24 PM, Kevin Ross wrote:
> On 11/25/2010 7:15 PM, Donn Washburn wrote:
>> I am new to this list so here goes.
>>
>> I have Myth 0.24 that I was going to try to compile and install.
>> However, .configure using a script I made from "./configure --help
>> 1>file" and then using vi edited file. Problem is when run I run it
>> I get a cross compile error - problem is I am not cross compiling at
>> all. One CPU and one machine. Which variables from "./configure
>> --help" would give this problem.
>>

> Can you post the actual configure line you're using?

73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@comcast.net "
Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On 26.11.2010 14:33, Donn Washburn wrote:
> I put it in a file so as to reuse if necessary. Included at your
> request. This one has some of the "/configure --help" line already

CeFLAGS='-march...
^

That 'e' is probably not supposed to be there, is it?

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
You found it. My eye missed it but Thanks for looking. You would have
thought I would have seen that.

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
> You found it.  My eye missed it but Thanks for looking.  You would have
> thought I would have seen that.

Please bottom post on our lists.

Also, note that this configure is absolutely freaking insane. Please
instead try:

./configure --enable-valgrind --enable-dvb --enable-vdpau
--disable-opengl-video --with-bindings=perl,python --enable-proc-opts

Problems with your current configure:

* Do not set processor options manually. Use --enable-proc-opts.
* If all the paths you have set are where you say they are, they will
be autodetected, you don't need to manually specify them.
* What's the point of specifying a dvb dir if you are disabling dvb?
Are you *sure* you want to disable it and not enable it? You probably
want this enabled.
* Are you sure you want to disable opengl video? Why?
* Why are you enabling a mac bundle on what appears to be a linux system?
* "oerl" is not a binding, perl is.
* --python=python3.1 is not a valid argument for this command, nor is
python 3 supported if that's what you meant.

The configure you posted is going to produce something very, very
broken. The one I propose above will almost certainly give what you
want, and actually work.

Robert
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:

> I am new to this list so here goes.
>
> I have Myth 0.24 that I was going to try to compile and install.  However, .configure using a script I made from "./configure --help 1>file" and then using vi edited file.  Problem is when run I run it I get a cross compile error - problem is I am not cross compiling at all.  One CPU and one machine.  Which variables from "./configure --help" would give this problem.
>
> --
> 73 de Donn Washburn
> 307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb@comcast.net "
> Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
> Ham Callsign N5XWB   HAMs : " n5xwb@arrl.net "
> VoIP via Gizmo: bmw_87kbike / via Skype: n5xwbg
> BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
>      " http://counter.li.org " #279316

How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?

And if so what distribution are you using?
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
Brent Bolin wrote:
> How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?
>
> And if so what distribution are you using?

I am and Mandriva 2010.1

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
Well I am a compTIA Linux+ person so I do learn programming and depends
from compiling and not just using RPMs. Over about 15 years with Linux
I try and upgrade sources. Unfortunately, I was before computers were
around so playing with software keeps your mind active. I started on a
SCO 3.# box. Besides, lots of time I get the "wiz bang" software
version with SVN/CVS/GIT versions sources.

Beside I have never run into a this problem.

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On 11/26/2010 10:36, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
>> You found it. My eye missed it but Thanks for looking. You would have
>> thought I would have seen that.
> Also, note that this configure is absolutely freaking insane. Please
> instead try:
>
> ./configure --enable-valgrind --enable-dvb --enable-vdpau
> --disable-opengl-video --with-bindings=perl,python --enable-proc-opts

Also note that you should _never_ use '--enable-valgrind' unless you are
specifically doing memory debugging. Doing so will completely disable
the jobqueue.
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
I think you are correct! Same thing with Amarok

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
Actually when you compile a config.log is saved. When I recompile and
if the config command is no longer in my history I just "head
config.log" and the top line was your previous config command.
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:57, John H <arizonamythtv@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually when you compile a config.log is saved. When I recompile and
> if the config command is no longer in my history I just "head
> config.log" and the top line was your previous config command.

I thought it was the last line. But anyway, there is also "./configure
--previous" which reuses the same configuration (as stored in the
config.log file)

aaron
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
2010/11/26 Brent Bolin <brent.bolin@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> I am new to this list so here goes.
>>
>> I have Myth 0.24 that I was going to try to compile and install.  However, .configure using a script I made from "./configure --help 1>file" and then using vi edited file.  Problem is when run I run it I get a cross compile error - problem is I am not cross compiling at all.  One CPU and one machine.  Which variables from "./configure --help" would give this problem.
>>
>> --
>> 73 de Donn Washburn
>> 307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb@comcast.net "
>> Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
>> Ham Callsign N5XWB   HAMs : " n5xwb@arrl.net "
>> VoIP via Gizmo: bmw_87kbike / via Skype: n5xwbg
>> BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
>>      " http://counter.li.org " #279316

> How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?
>
> And if so what distribution are you using?

Slackware
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
n5xwb is using openSuSE11.4M3. I forgot to mention it last time

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
> n5xwb is using openSuSE11.4M3.  I forgot to mention it last time

I'll ask again, please bottom post on our lists. See:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post

Referring to yourself in the first person singular wouldn't hurt either.

Robert
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On 11/26/2010 7:51 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:

> How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?
>
> And if so what distribution are you using?

Debian Squeeze.
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On 11/26/2010 02:27 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
>> n5xwb is using openSuSE11.4M3. I forgot to mention it last time
>>
> I'll ask again, please bottom post on our lists. See:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post
>
> Referring to yourself in the first person singular wouldn't hurt either.
>
> Robert

I went into Thunderbird and set it this way. I hope that is what you
were asking for.
I originally set it the old way due to long email messages and people
needing to page down several times to find the new information.

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin@gmail.com> wrote:

> How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?
>
> And if so what distribution are you using?

I'm using Debian Squeeze. Here is my config:

./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-vdpau --disable-xvmc
--enable-opengl-video --enable-opengl-vsync --disable-joystick-menu
--enable-libxvid --enable-ffmpeg-pthreads --disable-ivtv
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --disable-xvmc
--disable-audio-pulseoutput --disable-firewire --disable-ivtv
--disable-hdpvr --disable-crystalhd --enable-libfftw3
--enable-proc-opts
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-11-26, at 14:30, Ma Begaj <derliebegott@gmail.com> wrote:

>> How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?
>>
>> And if so what distribution are you using?
>
> Slackware

Probably a fair proportion of us.

I am presently on Fedora 12 but one of tomorrow's jobs is a move to
Fedora 14.
Geoff
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-11-26, at 16:59, Donn Washburn <n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:

> On 11/26/2010 02:27 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>> n5xwb is using openSuSE11.4M3. I forgot to mention it last time
>>>
>> I'll ask again, please bottom post on our lists. See:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post
>>
>> Referring to yourself in the first person singular wouldn't hurt
>> either.
>>
>> Robert
>>
> I went into Thunderbird and set it this way. I hope that is what
> you were asking for.
> I originally set it the old way due to long email messages and
> people needing to page down several times to find the new information.
>
> --
> 73 de Donn Washburn
> 307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@comcast.net "
> Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
> Ham Callsign N5XWB HAMs : " n5xwb@arrl.net "
> VoIP via Gizmo: bmw_87kbike / via Skype: n5xwbg
> BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
> " http://counter.li.org " #279316

Takes less scrolling if you trim the bloat from your reply.
Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On 26/11/2010 10:51 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I am new to this list so here goes.
>>
>> I have Myth 0.24 that I was going to try to compile and install. However, .configure using a script I made from "./configure --help 1>file" and then using vi edited file. Problem is when run I run it I get a cross compile error - problem is I am not cross compiling at all. One CPU and one machine. Which variables from "./configure --help" would give this problem.
> How many on this list are compiling mythtv from source?
>
> And if so what distribution are you using?
All machines myth compiled from source, generally updated to latest svn
trunk every 2-3 weeks, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, just depends
on the bugs/waf ratio.

Dedicated master backend: Gentoo (10.0 ~amd64)
slave backend: Gentoo (10.0 amd64) - slated for retirement shortly.
Primary front end: LFS, net booted off a ClearOS machince.
Other front end: Gentoo / LFS.

Technically the Primary frontend was once upon a time a Gentoo box as
well, but its been pretty much rebuilt and all the Gentoo bits stripped
out of it.

So, why do you ask?

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 15:59 -0600, Donn Washburn wrote:
> On 11/26/2010 02:27 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> n5xwb is using openSuSE11.4M3. I forgot to mention it last time
> >>
> > I'll ask again, please bottom post on our lists. See:
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post
> >
> > Referring to yourself in the first person singular wouldn't hurt either.
> >
> > Robert

{snip}

> I went into Thunderbird and set it this way. I hope that is what you
> were asking for.
> I originally set it the old way due to long email messages and people
> needing to page down several times to find the new information.

Judicious editing becomes handy there. BTW has oS fixed it's lirc
nightmares?

Re: Myth 0.24 [ In reply to ]
Newbury wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2010-11-26, at 16:59, Donn Washburn <n5xwb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On 11/26/2010 02:27 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>>>
>>> I'll ask again, please bottom post on our lists. See:
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post
>>>
>>> Referring to yourself in the first person singular wouldn't hurt either.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>>
>> I went into Thunderbird and set it this way. I hope that is what you
>> were asking for.
>> I originally set it the old way due to long email messages and people
>> needing to page down several times to find the new information.
>>
>> --
>> 73 de Donn Washburn
>> 307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@comcast.net "
>> Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
>> Ham Callsign N5XWB HAMs : " n5xwb@arrl.net "
>> VoIP via Gizmo: bmw_87kbike / via Skype: n5xwbg
>> BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
>> " http://counter.li.org " #279316

> Takes less scrolling if you trim the bloat from your reply.

Says he, leaving the bloat in from the previous two messages...

--

Mike Perkins