Mailing List Archive

mythweb 0.24 fixes svn Revision: 27219
Greetings,

i have some trouble with mythweb after upgrading to mythtv 27219,
there were no problems in 0.23 which i ran upto a few hours ago. the
main mythweb page lists the directory contents of the mythweb
directory, which is a problem :) i did clean out the old files before
copying in the 0.24 ones

when i try to klick on the mythweb.php, in that directory i get the
error below, and a blank page.

apache error.log
[Sun Nov 14 16:33:05 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.75] PHP Fatal
error: Failed to open translation file:
modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
/var/www/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 172, referer:
http://192.168.1.250/mythweb/

if i set the alias in the apache mythweb conf file, i end up with a
blank page, and no error.

I run this on ubunto 10.4, and the regular frontends work. its just
mythweb acting up

Anyone that has an idea?

regards,
Lasse
Re: mythweb 0.24 fixes svn Revision: 27219 [ In reply to ]
Hello Lasse,

Sunday, November 14, 2010, 6:43:05 PM, you wrote:

> Greetings,

> i have some trouble with mythweb after upgrading to mythtv 27219,
> there were no problems in 0.23 which i ran upto a few hours ago. the
> main mythweb page lists the directory contents of the mythweb
> directory, which is a problem :) i did clean out the old files before
> copying in the 0.24 ones

> when i try to klick on the mythweb.php, in that directory i get the
> error below, and a blank page.

> apache error.log
> [Sun Nov 14 16:33:05 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.75] PHP Fatal
> error: Failed to open translation file:
> modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
> /var/www/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 172, referer:
> http://192.168.1.250/mythweb/

> if i set the alias in the apache mythweb conf file, i end up with a
> blank page, and no error.

> I run this on ubunto 10.4, and the regular frontends work. its just
> mythweb acting up

> Anyone that has an idea?

I faced the same issue when I made a fresh installation of MythTV
(from rpmfusion repo) on a fresh Fedora 14 machine. It is still
0.24-RC2 there, but I guess it doesn't really matter in this case.
I think the key here is the path apache complains about:

modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang

I checked it on my machine and this path was really not correct - the
correct one was:

modules/_shared/lang/English.lang

So I just made a symlink:

ln -s /usr/share/modules /usr/share/modules_path

After that mythweb is working fine with alias configured in apache
mythweb configuration.

Hope this helps...

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Re: mythweb 0.24 fixes svn Revision: 27219 [ In reply to ]
> So I just made a symlink:

> ln -s /usr/share/modules /usr/share/modules_path

Ahhh, typed the path by hands and made a mistake. Correct path looks
like this (on my system):

ln -s /usr/share/mythweb/modules /usr/share/mythweb/modules_path

--
BR,
Andrew

Re: mythweb 0.24 fixes svn Revision: 27219 [ In reply to ]
This 'fix' works a treat here, thanks!

Re: mythweb 0.24 fixes svn Revision: 27219 [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew,

I did manage to get it to work without those links, but the amount of
"black magic" needed is a bit on the big side, but it could have been
me being half asleep, bacically i moved around the mytweb directory
and then it worked for me :)

-lasse