Mailing List Archive

Database error during mysqldump. "Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using Lock Tables" "Incorrect file format 'j'
Hi All,

I'm about to embark on a hardware upgrade on my backend and am trying to
perform a database backup. I'm running mythtv 0.21-200 on fedora 8, sql
version 5.0.45-6.

I'm getting the following error:

mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup_20090121.sql
mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using
LOCK TABLES

Perhaps more revealing is the backend log, which has repeated entries (at
the time of the attempted database backup and before) like:

2009-01-21 11:10:33.707 DB Error (Error in JobQueue::GetJobs(), Unable to
query list of Jobs in Queue.):
Query was:
SELECT j.id, j.chanid, j.starttime, j.inserttime, j.type, j.cmds, j.flags,
j.status, j.statustime, j.hostname, j.args, j.comment, r.endtime,
j.schedruntime FROM jobqueue j, recorded r WHERE j.chanid = r.chanid AND
j.starttime = r.starttime ORDER BY j.schedruntime, j.id;
Driver error was [2/130]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Incorrect file format 'j'

Other than these errors, all is running fine on the backend/frontend.

All help most gratefully received. I'm no DBA so go easy on me!

Thanks,
Tommojunior

Re: Database error during mysqldump. "Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using Lock Tables" "Incorrect file format 'j' [ In reply to ]
tommo@tommojunior.plus.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm about to embark on a hardware upgrade on my backend and am trying
> to perform a database backup. I'm running mythtv 0.21-200 on fedora
> 8, sql version 5.0.45-6.
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c >
> mythtv_backup_20090121.sql
> mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when
> using LOCK TABLES
>
> Perhaps more revealing is the backend log, which has repeated entries
> (at the time of the attempted database backup and before) like:
>
> 2009-01-21 11:10:33.707 DB Error (Error in JobQueue::GetJobs(),
> Unable to query list of Jobs in Queue.):
> Query was:
> SELECT j.id, j.chanid, j.starttime, j.inserttime, j.type, j.cmds,
> j.flags, j.status, j.statustime, j.hostname, j.args, j.comment,
> r.endtime, j.schedruntime FROM jobqueue j, recorded r WHERE j.chanid
> = r.chanid AND j.starttime = r.starttime ORDER BY j.schedruntime,
> j.id; Driver error was [2/130]: QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Incorrect file format 'j'
>
> Other than these errors, all is running fine on the backend/frontend.
>
> All help most gratefully received. I'm no DBA so go easy on me!
>
> Thanks,
> Tommojunior

Have you tried the mysqldump command listed here?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backup_your_database

That always worked for me. I'm no DBA either.

Brian

Re: Database error during mysqldump. "Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using Lock Tables" "Incorrect file format 'j' [ In reply to ]
On 01/20/2009 09:16 PM, tommo wrote:
> I'm about to embark on a hardware upgrade on my backend and am trying to
> perform a database backup. I'm running mythtv 0.21-200 on fedora 8, sql
> version 5.0.45-6.
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup_20090121.sql
> mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using
> LOCK TABLES

Don't use -c. Or, try:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Don't know what's messed up in your current DB config, but that might
get around it (at least for now).

Mike
Re: Database error during mysqldump. "Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using Lock Tables" "Incorrect file format 'j' [ In reply to ]

Try to repair the table, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/repair.html
Re: Database error during mysqldump. \"Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using Lock Tables\" \"Incorrect file format 'j' [ In reply to ]
> On 01/20/2009 09:16 PM, tommo wrote:
>> I'm about to embark on a hardware upgrade on my backend and am trying to
>> perform a database backup. I'm running mythtv 0.21-200 on fedora 8, sql
>> version 5.0.45-6.
>>
>> I'm getting the following error:
>>
>> mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup_20090121.sql
>> mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using
>> LOCK TABLES
>
> Don't use -c. Or, try:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
>
> Don't know what's messed up in your current DB config, but that might
> get around it (at least for now).
>
> Mike

Hey All - Thanks for the help.

Running a myisamchk jobqueue.MYI showed that that bit of the database
wasn't even recognised by mysql. Thankfully I was able to restore the
jobqueue files from an old o/s level backup I had. Then the myisamchk
command ran cleanly, as does the database backup.

Thanks All,
Tommo