scheduling recordings, viewing what was recorded, ASX-streaming of
recordings.

Cheers.
Re: Access to selected features of MythWeb [ In reply to ]
On Dec 30, 2008, at 1:58 PM, lanas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have access levels for MythWeb ? The idea would be
> basically to remove anything that has to do with system settings for
> certain users (eg. kids and curious wife) but enable access to
> scheduling recordings, viewing what was recorded, ASX-streaming of
> recordings.

Nope. This is part of a feature request for having user profiles in
MythTV itself. Someone started working on it a while back but didn't
complete and now the code is very outdated. http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/multiuser

-Brad
Re: Access to selected features of MythWeb [ In reply to ]
Le Mardi, 30 Décembre 2008 14:13:27 -0800,
Brad DerManouelian <myth@dermanouelian.com> a écrit :

>> Is it possible to have access levels for MythWeb ? The idea would
>> be basically to remove anything that has to do with system settings
>> for certain users (eg. kids and curious wife) but enable access to
>> scheduling recordings, viewing what was recorded, ASX-streaming of
>> recordings.

> Nope. This is part of a feature request for having user profiles in
> MythTV itself. Someone started working on it a while back but didn't
> complete and now the code is very outdated.
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/multiuser

Thanks for the info. I have another question. Now that I have some
free time to fiddle with MythTV, updating it to MythDora 5 and
subscribing to Schedules Direct I noticed that in the process, each and
every channel listed on the MythTV box itself has an #unknown# double
entry whereas the MythWeb interface does not.

1) How can I get rid of these 'unknown' entries in the listing ?

2) Looks like there are two ways to generate the listings. Isn't there
a single API for doing that ? is this how MythTV is built, using a
single API that subsequently can be used for the Web interface, the
GUI, etc... ?

Cheers, and thanks again.