Silicon Dust says I should issue this command "hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get
/tuner0/program" while the program is being recorded and the returned value
should not be "0". I get a "0" output indicating no quick tune in spite of
the "Alywas" setting.

Anything I can do to enable quick tune? Anyone know the mythweb acronym for
quick tune so I can check its setting there? Perhaps there is a script I
can run in rc.local that will set up the HDHR, anyone know it?

Allen
Re: HDHR Quick tune not working [ In reply to ]
On Aug 30, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:

> I have been in correspondence with Silicon Dust about the KQED ATSC
> issue. They say I should enable Quick Tune and that will cure the
> problem. I set Quick Tune to "Always" but apparently myth is still
> not using quick tune.
>
> Silicon Dust says I should issue this command "hdhomerun_config
> FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program" while the program is being recorded
> and the returned value should not be "0". I get a "0" output
> indicating no quick tune in spite of the "Alywas" setting.
>
> Anything I can do to enable quick tune? Anyone know the mythweb
> acronym for quick tune so I can check its setting there? Perhaps
> there is a script I can run in rc.local that will set up the HDHR,
> anyone know it?
>
> Allen

There's a setting in mythtv-setup when to use QuickTune. The default
is to only use it for LiveTV.
Re: HDHR Quick tune not working [ In reply to ]
Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com> says:
> I have been in correspondence with Silicon Dust about the KQED ATSC
> issue. They say I should enable Quick Tune and that will cure the
> problem.

I can confirm that this indeed does solve the issue. This does not fix
the underlying issue in the HDHomeRun that caused the issue in the
first place, of course, or (more importantly) the
kills-all-video-in-mythfrontend bug that this issue revealed.

> I set Quick Tune to "Always" but apparently myth is still not using
> quick tune.

Did you restart mythbackend?

> Silicon Dust says I should issue this command "hdhomerun_config
> FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program" while the program is being recorded
> and the returned value should not be "0".

I see "1" or "3."

--
Frontend: P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Backend: Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6
Re: HDHR Quick tune not working [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee@pobox.com> wrote:

> Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com> says:
> > I have been in correspondence with Silicon Dust about the KQED ATSC
> > issue. They say I should enable Quick Tune and that will cure the
> > problem.
>
> I can confirm that this indeed does solve the issue. This does not fix
> the underlying issue in the HDHomeRun that caused the issue in the
> first place, of course, or (more importantly) the
> kills-all-video-in-mythfrontend bug that this issue revealed.
>
> > I set Quick Tune to "Always" but apparently myth is still not using
> > quick tune.
>
> Did you restart mythbackend?
>
> > Silicon Dust says I should issue this command "hdhomerun_config
> > FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program" while the program is being recorded
> > and the returned value should not be "0".
>
> I see "1" or "3."
>
> --
> Frontend: P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
> Backend: Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6
> Video inputs: Four high-definition over FireWire/OTA
> Accessories: 47" 1080p LCD, 5.1 digital, and MX-600

Thank you for your reply. I though the backend restarted after being
configured but had not reset the machine so was hopeful your suggestion
would work. I restarted the backend yesterday so re-ran the experiment. I
still get 0 and the programs still don't work:

dad@myth_desktop:~$ hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get
/tuner0/program
0

What version of mythtv are you running?

Do you know the mythweb setting for quicktune?

Allen
Re: HDHR Quick tune not working [ In reply to ]
Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com> says:
> What version of mythtv are you running?

0.21-fixes, as you are. Mine is on CentOS 5/Fedora 6, not Mythubuntu,
though.

> Do you know the mythweb setting for quicktune?

There isn't one.

I do have Quick Tune set to "Always" for both HDHomeRun tuners when
before I had it set to "Never."

Re: HDHR Quick tune not working [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee@pobox.com> wrote:

> Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards@gmail.com> says:
> > What version of mythtv are you running?
>
> 0.21-fixes, as you are. Mine is on CentOS 5/Fedora 6, not Mythubuntu,
> though.
>
> > Do you know the mythweb setting for quicktune?
>
> There isn't one.
>
> I do have Quick Tune set to "Always" for both HDHomeRun tuners when
> before I had it set to "Never."

Anyone have a HDHR and Mythbuntu that can tell me if this is my problem or a
mythbuntu problem?

Allen