So I'm a bit clueless.

--
John
Re: FC9 and auto login. [ In reply to ]
John Pullan wrote:
> Right, I've just upgrade to FC9 and it now does not auto login, (also
> there is no gdmsetup). I've tried renaming
> /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf.rpmsave back to gdm.conf with no luck.

Yeah, the good folks at fedora rewrote gdm and broke things a lot of us
used.

Here is a workaround for the time being

in /etc/gdm/custom.conf add something like this in the daemon section:

[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=mythbed
TimedLoginDelay=15

You can set the TimedLoginDelay to 0 if you want.

Michael
Re: FC9 and auto login. [ In reply to ]
2008/6/17 mythtv@blandford.net <mythtv@blandford.net>:
> John Pullan wrote:
>> Right, I've just upgrade to FC9 and it now does not auto login, (also
>> there is no gdmsetup). I've tried renaming
>> /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf.rpmsave back to gdm.conf with no luck.
>
> Yeah, the good folks at fedora rewrote gdm and broke things a lot of us
> used.
>
> Here is a workaround for the time being
>
> in /etc/gdm/custom.conf add something like this in the daemon section:
>
> [daemon]
> TimedLoginEnable=true
> TimedLogin=mythbed
> TimedLoginDelay=15
>
> You can set the TimedLoginDelay to 0 if you want.

Thank you, that now works.

--
John