How does MythWeb decide what format to send, and how do I change it to
get the full displays back?

beww

Re: MythWeb Format Change ?? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Brian Wood <beww@beww.org> wrote:
> OK, stupid question, but I'm not all that up on web servers.
>
> Mythweb was working fine for me. I decided to try and access it from
> my Blackberry. I was happy to see that the pages were formatted
> without graphics and showed up well on the device.
>
> The problem is that now, if I access MythWeb from a "normal" browser,
> I still get the abbreviated format, sans thumbnails and other graphics.
>
> How does MythWeb decide what format to send, and how do I change it to
> get the full displays back?

I can give you the answer to the second question (I think it's been
asked a couple of times before :D )

Re: MythWeb Format Change ?? [ In reply to ]
On Apr 20, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:

>> How does MythWeb decide what format to send, and how do I change it
>> get the full displays back?
>>

> I can give you the answer to the second question (I think it's been
> asked a couple of times before :D )

Thanks. My apologies for not checking the archives.

I hate to complain, but it seems to me this should not require manual
intervention, but I guess I can just add the reset string to every URL
I use.

Thanks again.

beww

Re: MythWeb Format Change ?? [ In reply to ]
On 04/20/2008 11:59 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>
>>> How does MythWeb decide what format to send, and how do I change it
>>> get the full displays back?
>> I can give you the answer to the second question (I think it's been
>> asked a couple of times before :D )
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/316808
> Thanks. My apologies for not checking the archives.
>
> I hate to complain, but it seems to me this should not require manual
> intervention, but I guess I can just add the reset string to every URL
> I use.

When you use MythWeb with the same login on the BlackBerry, it changes
your session to use the lite template. The session is is maintained by
the login, so when you login from your other computer, ...

So, set up 2 MythWeb users, one for real computers and one for handhelds.

Mike
Re: MythWeb Format Change ?? [ In reply to ]
On Apr 20, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> When you use MythWeb with the same login on the BlackBerry, it changes
> your session to use the lite template. The session is is maintained
> by
> the login, so when you login from your other computer, ...
>
> So, set up 2 MythWeb users, one for real computers and one for
> handhelds.

That's certainly easy enough to do.

But the system certainly detected and adjusted for the bberry login
automatically, why can't it do the same in reverse?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Thanks as always.

beww

Re: MythWeb Format Change ?? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Brian Wood <beww@beww.org> wrote:

> > When you use MythWeb with the same login on the BlackBerry, it changes
> > your session to use the lite template. The session is is maintained
> > by
> > the login, so when you login from your other computer, ...
> >

> But the system certainly detected and adjusted for the bberry login
> automatically, why can't it do the same in reverse?
>
> Mythweb used to be able to do this. I regularly used my blackberry last
year to access mythweb - and when I returned to a 'normal' computer the
template reverted back (actually the first page was always in the BB format,
and hitting refresh brough back the default template). The behaviour
changed for me Jan/Feb this year. Since I've learnt to reset the template
it doesn't bother me too much .... but it *used* to work.

Nick