Mailing List Archive

Nuvexport can't find my recordings!
Well, I've finally done it.
I've finally found an error message that returns no results on Google, and
I'm in need of help.
Basically, I'm trying to use nuvexport to transcode recordings to an
ipod-compatable format as part of the myth2iPod script. However, I get an
error whenever I run the nuvexport command, either as part of the script or
manually in the command line. For example, when I use following command:

/usr/local/bin/nuvexport --chanid=2161 --start=20080119103000
--mode=iPod --nice=19 --cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass
--filename=2161_20080119103000.temp --path=/myth/ipodfeed/

I get the following message:

99%
Couldn't find a show on chanid 2161 at the specified time.

Cleaning up temp files.

This occurs no matter what recording I try to use from no matter what
channel, and it happens if I try to call nuvexport by specifying an
input file or by specifying a time and channel. When run as part of the
myth2ipod script, the backend displays the same information:

Starting nuvexport...
/usr/local/bin/nuvexport --chanid=2161 --start=20080119103000
--mode=iPod --nice=19 --cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass
--filename=2161_20080119103000.temp --path=/myth/ipodfeed/
OSPEED was not set, defaulting to 9600 at
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/shared_utils.pm line 61

99%
Couldn't find a show on chanid 2161 at the specified time.

Cleaning up temp files.
Nuvexport encoding seems to have failed

I've confirmed that the file does exist, and is recognized and playable by
mythtv. No change to the command seems to cause any other result. I'm
running Xubuntu Gutsy with the current SVN of Myth (updated today). Has
anyone else ever run into something like this? I would appreciate any
insight into this situation!

Thanks in advance!
Re: Nuvexport can't find my recordings! [ In reply to ]
On Jan 19, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Jacob Strandlien wrote:
> Well, I've finally done it.
> I've finally found an error message that returns no results on
> Google, and I'm in need of help.
> Basically, I'm trying to use nuvexport to transcode recordings to an
> ipod-compatable format as part of the myth2iPod script. However, I
> get an error whenever I run the nuvexport command, either as part of
> the script or manually in the command line. For example, when I use
> following command:

You don't say which version of MythTV or nuvexport you are using.
Sounds like a bug that I fixed months ago.

-Chris

Nuvexport can't find my recordings! [ In reply to ]
> You don't say which version of MythTV or nuvexport you are using.
> Sounds like a bug that I fixed months ago.

I apologize for that; I should have made myself more clear. I updated
my MythTV SVN yesterday (Saturday) morning to try again just before
posting, and I'm using nuvexport-0.4-0.20071226. I did read about
that bug that you fixed, and it sounds a whole lot like
what'shappening to me, except I'm using current versions.
Thanks for your reply!
Re: Nuvexport can't find my recordings! [ In reply to ]
On Jan 20, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Jacob Strandlien wrote:
> I apologize for that; I should have made myself more clear. I updated
> my MythTV SVN yesterday (Saturday) morning to try again just before
> posting, and I'm using nuvexport-0.4-0.20071226. I did read about
> that bug that you fixed, and it sounds a whole lot like
> what'shappening to me, except I'm using current versions.

I assume that by "svn" you mean "trunk" (as opposed to say 0.19, which
also lives in svn along with dozens of other versions).

The first thing I can see is that you're using the wrong version of
nuvexport. If you're running svn trunk, you need to be using 0.5,
which you'll find in mythtv svn under mythextras.

-Chris