connected!?!
TIA,
Chad

Upnp Xbox 360 and videos showing up under the music selection [ In reply to ]
Bumpity bump

http://mail.yahoo.com
Re: Upnp Xbox 360 and videos showing up under the music selection [ In reply to ]
> I'm now running 15238 and still have this problem.
> The tickect someone else opened stated that it was
not

I have video playback working under the 360, and it's
properly listing
Music now. I'll be commiting patches in a couple days
for video support
and music patches around then too.

Thanks Gregg,

I posted this before I spoke with you. However,
thanks for the second reply. Maybe the others that
posted the ticket will see this and get any other
questions they have answered. I'm copying and pasting
my original question for search purpises since the
mailing list didn't merge the two :(

Chad

Well, just as the title says. Whenever I try to
connect to my mythbox from the Xbox 360 I get a
listing of tv shows I have recorded on the music
screen. I do not get anything in the pictures screen
or the videos screen. This is with svn trunk 14830.
I know with 20.1 I could see my pictures and my music
would show up correctly however, something changed and
now all that does not work. Also, WMP 11 sees the
music with no problems. I've done mythbackend -v upnp
and get little to no info reguarding when the xbox is
connected!?!
TIA,
Chad

Re: Upnp Xbox 360 and videos showing up under the music selection [ In reply to ]
> I'm now running 15238 and still have this problem.
> The tickect someone else opened stated that it was
not

Just an update for xbox360 users. I have added some
code to trunk last night
allowing playback of videos from myth assuming you
have the Dec 4th winter
update.

NOTE: the content must exist in the same location on
the backend as listed in mythvideos setup.

Music is now listed on the xbox rather than videos but
playback isn't working yet.

Greg,

I've installed the latest SVN and see what you
describe. However, I have sub folders in my
MythVideo section on my backend and only see those
listed on my XBox. I do not see any of the movies
that exist on the root of my video folder. Is this the
correct behavior?

Secondly, are we going to be able to see the tv shows
that we have recorded on our backend? I did like to
see those before, but understand if we can't have
both. (What about a user option for what we wanted ?)
Also, I could transcode my shows and move them to
mythvideo, but just was curious.

Finally, I appreciate you taking the time out to post
the progress here!
Thanks again,
Chad

Re: Upnp Xbox 360 and videos showing up under the music selection [ In reply to ]
> describe. However, I have sub folders in my
> MythVideo section on my backend and only see those
> listed on my XBox. I do not see any of the movies
> that exist on the root of my video folder. Is this the

What are the file names? The Xbox360 explicity ignores any files with a .mpg, .iso, .mkv and a few other names.

Basically if it's not .avi, .wmv or .mp4 it wont even show it in the list.

> Secondly, are we going to be able to see the tv shows
> that we have recorded on our backend? I did like to

No. According to MS's own faq on xbox.com the Xbox360 Videoplayer will NOT
play mpeg2 content. Only the MCE extender portion will do that. And we
know it will not handle out .nuv format.

At some point some sort of live transcoding of mpeg2->wmv or something
might be an option, but for now it's not.

Re: Upnp Xbox 360 and videos showing up under the music selection [ In reply to ]
On Dec 31, 2007 10:33 AM, Greg Estabrooks <greg@phaze.org> wrote:

> > describe. However, I have sub folders in my
> > MythVideo section on my backend and only see those
> > listed on my XBox. I do not see any of the movies
> > that exist on the root of my video folder. Is this the
>
> What are the file names? The Xbox360 explicity ignores any files with a
> .mpg, .iso, .mkv and a few other names.
>
> Basically if it's not .avi, .wmv or .mp4 it wont even show it in the
> list.
>

> > Secondly, are we going to be able to see the tv shows
> > that we have recorded on our backend? I did like to
>
> No. According to MS's own faq on xbox.com the Xbox360 Videoplayer will
> NOT
> play mpeg2 content. Only the MCE extender portion will do that. And we
> know it will not handle out .nuv format.
>
> At some point some sort of live transcoding of mpeg2->wmv or something
> might be an option, but for now it's not.

I've had luck with Tversity auto-transcoding some MPEG2 on the fly to a
format my 360 can display but I haven't tested it that thoroughly (and
haven't tried .NUV yet). TVersity is Windows only unfortunately so you'd
need another machine or at least a VM to serve the uPNP stuff and mount your
video directory via that Windows box.
Re: Upnp Xbox 360 and videos showing up under the music selection [ In reply to ]
> describe. However, I have sub folders in my
> MythVideo section on my backend and only see those
> listed on my XBox. I do not see any of the movies
> that exist on the root of my video folder. Is this
the

What are the file names? The Xbox360 explicity ignores
any files with a .mpg, .iso, .mkv and a few other
names.

Basically if it's not .avi, .wmv or .mp4 it wont even
show it in the list.

> Secondly, are we going to be able to see the tv
shows
> that we have recorded on our backend? I did like to

No. According to MS's own faq on xbox.com the Xbox360
Videoplayer will NOT
play mpeg2 content. Only the MCE extender portion will
do that. And we
know it will not handle out .nuv format.

At some point some sort of live transcoding of
mpeg2->wmv or something
might be an option, but for now it's not.

I had iso's on the root of my video directory, thanks.
I guess I'll continue using my pvr in my living room
for all other content.
Chad