What have I done wrong?

Cheers
Dave
Re: PS3 & UPnP not working [ In reply to ]
On 7-Nov-07, at 7:53 PM, Dave wrote:

> I can't get this damn UPnP to work properly; the PS3 just "doesn't
> find a media server".
> Running very recent SVN of mythtv, 1.93 version of PS3 firmware
> connected via wifi.

I'm running the same setup except regular cables instead of wifi and
my PS3 does find myth. So, there's no software reason from either
side that would stop things from working.

- George

Re: PS3 & UPnP not working [ In reply to ]
Hi George,

After the firmware 2.0 update last night everything started working
fine?!?!?

Most recordings play just need to get HDTV records to play properly :)

Cheers
Dave

Re: PS3 & UPnP not working [ In reply to ]
I have been running a recent SVN of mythtv against PS3 (now on 2.00 but
it has worked ever since they added the upnp support to the PS3) over
wifi for several months and it finds the server no problem. My network
is very simple - just uses the dhcp server on my dlink wireless router
to assign addresses.

Re: PS3 & UPnP not working [ In reply to ]
Hrmm yes I did try with a ethernet cable rather than Wifi..

I have no idea why it just started working but it did :)

oh well!

thanks anyways.

Has anyone got any PS3 transcoding profiles setup?

D.

Re: PS3 & UPnP not working [ In reply to ]
The problem with the transcoding profiles is that once you transcode a
recording - it gets put into a nuppelvideo container instead of a plain
mpg - then you just get unsupported data from the PS3. Instead I just
run a user job using ffmpeg to force the audio codec to mp2. This solves
the problem where some recordings are not playable on the ps3 because
they have ac3 audio.

My user job is very simple - looks like this:

START USER JOB
#!/bin/sh

ffmpeg -i /var/lib/mythtv/$1 -vcodec copy -ab 256kb -acodec
mp2 /var/lib/mythtv/video/$1
mv /var/lib/mythtv/video/$1 /var/lib/mythtv/$1
END USER JOB

Re: PS3 & UPnP not working [ In reply to ]
An alternative to using ffmpeg that I have found is creating a user job
with mythtranscode. Here is what I used:

mythtranscode -c %CHANID% -s %STARTTIME% -p autodetect -m -e dvd -l; mv
/var/mythtv/%FILE% /var/mythtv/%FILE%.old; mv /var/mythtv/%FILE%.tmp
/var/mythtv/%FILE%; mythcommflag -c %CHANID% -s %STARTTIME% --rebuild
--clearcutlist

*Breakdown*:
The first 3 switches for mythtranscode (-c, -s, -p) are required (read
the help if you need to know). "-m" makes it stay in mpeg, "-e dvd"
makes it a dvd compatible stream type (ps didn't work, weird), -l tells
it to use the cutlist to cut out commercials (not the skiplist that
commercial detection gives you).

The first "mv" command simply creates a backup of the original recording
and can be removed if you don't want a backup (I already have but I
thought it would be nice to include). The second "mv" moves the newly
created file in place of the original one (it will overwite it without
the fist "mv" command).

The last command rebuild the seek table on the new file and clears the
cutlist since it has already been used. I didn't see an option to clear
the skiplist so make sure to turn off commercial skipping since they are
now gone. I'm open to suggestions on this.

I did notice that it takes about a minute to actually start playing. I'm
not sure what causes that, might even be my physical network (gigabit
ethernet). I would like to hear what other people experience with this
as well.
Re: PS3 & UPnP not working [ In reply to ]
Does anyone have something working for HD shows with AC3 and the audio was
in 5.1?
When I run the job suggested below I get this error from ffmpeg:

[mp2 @ 0x2ac66cfe9410]encoding 6 channel(s) is not allowed in mp2