specific regrets?

Thanks,

Josh
Re: USB remote [ In reply to ]
I don't know if this will help you or not, but I just recently went this
route. I had gotten a Logitech Harmony 550 from Circuit City for $130 (with
a $30 rebate which I haven't gotten yet), then got an IR Blaster serial port
receiver from irblaster.info. That was about $20. The Harmony has software
(windows only, but I think that I read somewhere that there's a Sourceforge
project underway to have a linux version) where you can tell it the
make/model of all of your A/V devices and it will program the remote to
emulate each one. I currently have my Comcast Motorola DCT3412 STB, DVD
recorder, Onkyo receiver, Samsung HDTV, and Myth box (emulating a Hauppauge
350 PVR setup) on that one remote.

Not quite what you were looking for, but it's an option. Hope it helps!

Harry