Mailing List Archive

Re: Second pcHDTV card does not "open" or cannot be seen by MythTV
On 12/10/2007, MythTV <mythtv@assuredsolutions.com> wrote:

> My Capture Card Setup is:
> Card type: DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)
> For DVB Card Number 0, the Frontend ID is "DViCO v2 or Air2PC v3 or
> pcHDTV HD-5500" and Subtype is "ATSC".
> For DVB Card Number 1, the Frontend ID is "Could not open card #1"
> and Subtype is "No such file or directory".

If you say the permissions are OK, I'm guessing that the DVB devices
for the second card do not exist. Try

$ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter*

to see whether you have two adapter directories present.

> My questions are:
> How do I know which card ID is the newest? (I assume the
> instructions above are asking for the newest card ID.)

Card's are 'usually' numbered in the order they are detected by the
system, and 'usually' this means the higher the PCI slot # (i.e. the
further away from the video card the PCI slot is), the higher the card
ID.

> Subtype say "No such file or directory" but I don't remember creating
> a directory for the first card; is there a directory I'm suppose to
> create for the second pcHDTV card?

If it's due to the missing DVB directories I mentioned above, these
should be created automatically when the DVB module loads.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/
MythTV users list archive:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
Franklin
_______________________________________________


If it is not being detected by the system then I would reseat the card in
the case.. if that does not help try moving it to another PCI slot.


_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Second pcHDTV card does not "open" or cannot be seen by MythTV [ In reply to ]
Thanks Marc,

> If you say the permissions are OK, I'm guessing that the DVB devices
> for the second card do not exist. Try
> $ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter*
> to see whether you have two adapter directories present.

Only one directory is present. That is "adapter0".

> If it's due to the missing DVB directories I mentioned above, these
> should be created automatically when the DVB module loads.

Okay. So I only have one "adapter0" and the system is not creating
the second directory when the DVB module loads. What can I do to fix
this situation?

Note: I have removed the old working capture card and verified that
the new card DOES work when it is the only pcHDTV card in the
system. It just doesn't work when both cards are in the system.

Rob
On Oct 12, 2007, at 5:37 AM, Marc wrote:

> On 12/10/2007, MythTV <mythtv@assuredsolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> My Capture Card Setup is:
>> Card type: DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)
>> For DVB Card Number 0, the Frontend ID is "DViCO v2 or Air2PC v3 or
>> pcHDTV HD-5500" and Subtype is "ATSC".
>> For DVB Card Number 1, the Frontend ID is "Could not open card #1"
>> and Subtype is "No such file or directory".
>
> If you say the permissions are OK, I'm guessing that the DVB devices
> for the second card do not exist. Try
>
> $ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter*
>
> to see whether you have two adapter directories present.
>
>> My questions are:
>> How do I know which card ID is the newest? (I assume the
>> instructions above are asking for the newest card ID.)
>
> Card's are 'usually' numbered in the order they are detected by the
> system, and 'usually' this means the higher the PCI slot # (i.e. the
> further away from the video card the PCI slot is), the higher the card
> ID.
>
>> Subtype say "No such file or directory" but I don't remember creating
>> a directory for the first card; is there a directory I'm suppose to
>> create for the second pcHDTV card?
>
> If it's due to the missing DVB directories I mentioned above, these
> should be created automatically when the DVB module loads.
>
> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
> MythTV users list archive:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
> Franklin
> _______________________________________________
>
>
> If it is not being detected by the system then I would reseat the
> card in
> the case.. if that does not help try moving it to another PCI slot.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>


_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users