Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom
Re: Deleting Multiple Episodes of a Program [ In reply to ]
Thom Paine wrote:
> Is there an easy way to delete an entire program group?
> I have 124 episodes of CSI on my box and I think I'm all up to date on
> it, so I'd like to delete them all in one fell swoop. Is there an easy
> way to do this either through mythweb or the manage recordings screen?
> I couldn't find a key binding that would let me select them all and
> mark to be deleted.
>
> Thanks.

Change the 'No. of recordings to keep' on CSI to 1 and make sure it's
set to 'Record new and expire old' and 'Auto-expire recordings' are
checked. Then just wait for the next CSI to record the next episode all
but the new one will delete.

-Matt
Re: Deleting Multiple Episodes of a Program [ In reply to ]
On 17/05/07, Thom Paine <painethom@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to delete an entire program group?
> I have 124 episodes of CSI on my box and I think I'm all up to date on
> it, so I'd like to delete them all in one fell swoop. Is there an easy
> way to do this either through mythweb or the manage recordings screen?
> I couldn't find a key binding that would let me select them all and
> mark to be deleted.

Highlight the CSI program group and press ... either I or M (I forget
which) and select "Add Entire Group to Playlist". Then press M, select
"Playlist Options" and then "Delete".

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
-- Arthur Dent
Re: Deleting Multiple Episodes of a Program [ In reply to ]
> Change the 'No. of recordings to keep' on CSI to 1 and make sure it's
> set to 'Record new and expire old' and 'Auto-expire recordings' are
> checked. Then just wait for the next CSI to record the next episode all
> but the new one will delete.

That worked perfectly. Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom
Re: Deleting Multiple Episodes of a Program [ In reply to ]
Thom Paine <painethom@gmail.com> says:
> Is there an easy way to delete an entire program group?

First, see
<URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Watch_Recordings#Recording_Playlists>
to understand Playlists.

Second, bind a key to the function within TV Frontend that toggles
whether a recording is in the playlist or not. (I personally use the
Enter key, as there are other and more-intuitive ways to play a
recording.) Try this feature out on some individual recordings on the
right-hand list in Recorded Programs in mythfrontend. Note how
recordings in the playlist are labeled.

Third, within Recorded make sure that the "CSI" label on the left-hand
list--and not the list of individual recordings on the right--is
highlighted. Push the above-bound button. Note that every CSI episode
on the right-hand list is now highlighted, as you have added the
entire list at once. Unmarking individual episodes you'd prefer to not
delete is possible, again with the toggle key.

Fourth, bring up the Menu then Playlist Options. Select
'Delete'. Enjoy.
--
Yeechang Lee <ylee@pobox.com> | +1 650 776 7763 | San Francisco CA US