Could someone who has done this before
give me a step by step through the menu
tree describing how to do this?

In the event that it cannot be done through
the menus, the path a name of the control
file, or whatever, would do the trick.

Glenn Lawler
www.incodesystems.com

Re: Exclude selected channels from Schedule [ In reply to ]
Glenn B. Lawler wrote:
> My schedule includes a number of premium
> cable channels I do not receive.
>
> I am guessing there may be a way to list the
> channels to exclude from the schedule.
>
> Could someone who has done this before
> give me a step by step through the menu
> tree describing how to do this?
>
> In the event that it cannot be done through
> the menus, the path a name of the control
> file, or whatever, would do the trick.
>
> Glenn Lawler
> www.incodesystems.com

Where are you getting your schedule from?

Script? EIT?

Tried simply deleting the channels from your lineup in the channel editor?

Steve Daniels
Re: Exclude selected channels from Schedule [ In reply to ]
Glenn B. Lawler wrote:
> My schedule includes a number of premium
> cable channels I do not receive.
>
> I am guessing there may be a way to list the
> channels to exclude from the schedule.
>
> Could someone who has done this before
> give me a step by step through the menu
> tree describing how to do this?

Sure. If you added a FindOne custom rule for a movie title then
I think we're up to step 8.

First, (or ninth?), if you are using Data Direct, login to your
labs.zap2it.com account and uncheck each of the channels that
you do not want to have sent to you. If you are not in North
America and use an XMLTV grabber, comment out the unwanted
channels in your XMLTV file (i.e. ~/.mythtv/CoxDigital.xmltv or
whatever you file is named).

Note: This must be done first so that the channels do not get
recreated the next time you grab listings.

Somewhere in the low teens, run mythtv-setup and select "5.
Channel Editor". Highlight a channel that you want to remove
and press "D"elete. You will see a popup to confirm deleting
the channel. Rinse and repeat.

If for some reason you still receive channels that you don't
want to use, you can mark them as not visible and the scheduler,
searches, EPG will ignore them. Again go to the Channel Editor,
press Enter (let's call this step fourteen) and uncheck the box
labeled "Visible". "Next" then "Finish".

-- bjm