Mailing List Archive

I need help
Hi Mythtv users,

I spend a lot of time to find what is happening with my last cvs Mythtv
configuration.
But I don't find the solution.
When I run Mythbackend and load the TV icon of Mythfrontend, I have this
error on Mythbackend:

[pga@localhost tmp2]$ mythbackend
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Television
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Composite3
adding: localhost as a player 1
adding: localhost as a player 0
adding: localhost as a player 0
adding: localhost as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ

And nothing else on Mythfrontend :-(
Can anyone explain me what I have to do ?

Philippe

I use:
Hauppauge win tv
mandrake 9.1
last mythtv cvs
nxtvepg 2.5 (french channels)
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
Gallé Philippe wrote:

>Hi Mythtv users,
>
>I spend a lot of time to find what is happening with my last cvs Mythtv
>configuration.
>But I don't find the solution.
>When I run Mythbackend and load the TV icon of Mythfrontend, I have this
>error on Mythbackend:
>
>[pga@localhost tmp2]$ mythbackend
>Starting up as the master server.
>Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Television
>Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Composite1
>Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - S-Video
>Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Composite3
>adding: localhost as a player 1
>adding: localhost as a player 0
>adding: localhost as a player 0
>adding: localhost as a remote ringbuffer
>Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
>mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ
>
>And nothing else on Mythfrontend :-(
>Can anyone explain me what I have to do ?

Can't help you much, but I'm having the exact same problem, also running
Mandrake 9.1. Maybe I'll try installing a different distro.

--

peraage
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 16 April 2003 05:01 pm, Gallé Philippe wrote:
> mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ

I'm quite curious where this message is coming from, as I can find nowhere in
the source that would produce anything like this.

Isaac
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
Hello Isaac,

Le jeu 17/04/2003 à 01:10, Isaac Richards a écrit :
> On Wednesday 16 April 2003 05:01 pm, Gallé Philippe wrote:
> > mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ
>
> I'm quite curious where this message is coming from, as I can find nowhere in
> the source that would produce anything like this.

Yes it is very strange.
Here another one after a record test:

[pga@localhost tmp2]$ mythbackend
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Television
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/v4l/video1 - Composite3
Changing from None to RecordingOnly
strange error flushing buffer ...
mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ

Does the flushing buffer error explain something ?

Philippe
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 16 April 2003 05:01 pm, Gallé Philippe wrote:
>

>>mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ
>>

>I'm quite curious where this message is coming from, as I can find nowhere in
>the source that would produce anything like this.

Looks like a message that is printed from an uninitialized
variable/string to me.

--

peraage
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 17 April 2003 01:23 am, Per Åge Sørvik wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> >On Wednesday 16 April 2003 05:01 pm, Gallé Philippe wrote:
> >>mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ
> >
> >I'm quite curious where this message is coming from, as I can find nowhere
> > in the source that would produce anything like this.
>
> Looks like a message that is printed from an uninitialized
> variable/string to me.

I invite you to find where in the source this message is coming from, as I
cannot.

Isaac
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]

> > >I'm quite curious where this message is coming from, as I can find nowhere
> > > in the source that would produce anything like this.
> >
> > Looks like a message that is printed from an uninitialized
> > variable/string to me.
>
> I invite you to find where in the source this message is coming from, as I
> cannot.

I would guess Channel::Open, at perror(device.ascii()).

-jim
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 17 April 2003 02:11 am, Jim Paris wrote:

> > > Looks like a message that is printed from an uninitialized
> > > variable/string to me.
> >
> > I invite you to find where in the source this message is coming from, as
> > I cannot.
>
> I would guess Channel::Open, at perror(device.ascii()).

I don't see how that's possible, as it's already opened the video device with
the correct path -- ie the probing of inputs at the beginning of the output
log -- and that variable only gets set in the constructor.

Isaac
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Thursday 17 April 2003 01:23 am, Per Åge Sørvik wrote:
>

>>Isaac Richards wrote:

>>>I'm quite curious where this message is coming from, as I can find nowhere
>>>in the source that would produce anything like this.
>>>

>>Looks like a message that is printed from an uninitialized
>>variable/string to me.
>>

>I invite you to find where in the source this message is coming from, as I
>cannot.

Hmm, haven't been doing much development on the GNU platform, but I ran
mythbackend in gdb, and this is what i got while starting mythfrontend,
and tried to watch TV (don't know if it's any help):

(gdb) c
Continuing.
adding: media as a player 1
adding: media as a player 0

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
0x40a4a568 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.
adding: media as a player 0
adding: media as a remote ringbuffer

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
0x40a4a568 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
mythbackend: ÿÿÿÿ

Program received signal SIG33, Real-time event 33.
0x40acfbe6 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program exited with code 0336.

--

peraage
Re: I need help [ In reply to ]
I have made another test with the 0.8 version and all is ok.
I suppose there is a problem with the cvs version.

Philippe