change compiling QT 3.1.2 from source.

I too had to address that the Xft headers were in a location other than
where the configuratin checked for.

There are definite benefits. The most striking for me is the delay when
starting mythmusic while verifying the installed music has changed from
over a minute to just a few seconds.

Thanks Joe.

Brent Hills.
Re: RedHat 8.0 - Qt 3.0.5 -> Qt 3.1.2 [ In reply to ]
You're welcome!

For anyone else considering upgrading, note that the quicker startup
time for mythmusic is most likely not related to Qt, but a result of a
patch I did that got committed to CVS a day or two ago.

The real reason I "took the plunge" was because of mythvideo... I had
some video files over 2 GB that were not showing up in the directory
listing in mythvideo, and it turned out to be a bug in Qt that was fixed
in Qt 3.1.

-Joe C.