celeron 2.0ghz, but how do you get video in?

Is there a usb solution?

-- Brian
Re: Laptop? [ In reply to ]
Check which model of dell laptop it is against the dell website. Many
of the older ones had svideo outputs. Don't know if the svideo would be
usable with X or not, but it's worth a look.

I had a lattitude at one time that had ethernet, sound and svideo out
with a P2-450 chip. Really wish I still had it. It would have made a
great front-end box.

-Shawn

Re: Laptop? [ In reply to ]
There is a shuttle silencing kit for sale somewhere. I suspect that it is
just a low flow panoflow fan to be honest though. Perhaps consider adding
one of these yourself to the shuttle?

Re: Laptop? [ In reply to ]
Brian Wente wrote
> Well my shuttle SS50 isn't as quiet or as cool as I would like. I created my
> system before I knew about splitting frontend from backend. But know I am
> considering spending more for a light frontend. I saw a dell laptop for $700
> celeron 2.0ghz, but how do you get video in?

if the laptop is going to be a frontend, you don't need video in.
Maybe video out, if you want to run that to a TV.