option. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jared
Re: Audio Output to SPDIF via MythTV [ In reply to ]
Jared Luxenberg wrote:

>I'd like to get the MythTV audio to output to the SPDIF, but I can't get it to work for some reason. I can hear the audio through the standard analog output, but I'd like to get to output on the SPDIF so I don't have to run two cables to my reciever.

This is odd, because if the rest of your linux audio goes out through
the spdif, so should your mythtv audio. I have a Soundblaster Live, and
everything (including mythtv) can be outputted via the spdif out
perfectly fine.

>It should be possible with ALSA to output to the SPDIF...it sets up a device called "spdif" which I can use in conjunction with aplay using the "-Dspdif" option. Any ideas?

You have a seperate spdif device? This may be part of the reason.

In the mythtv configuration screen, under "playback" I believe, if you
set the output dsp to this device, what happens?

Graeme
Re: Audio Output to SPDIF via MythTV [ In reply to ]
I figured out what was wrong. MythTV doesn't upsample the audio, so I
needed to go into the settings and change it to 41000 or 48000Hz because my
reciever could not decode the default 32000Hz.