This seems pretty weird. What could be going on?

Thanks,
Martin
Re: Not so slowly creeping machine load after 0.20 upgrade [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/06 02:30, Martin Brown wrote:

>Since my 0.20 upgrade, the machine (combined front/backend) load (as
>shown by "uptime") has been increasing at an alarming rate. When I
>looked yesterday it was up to a load of 60! "top" shows nothing hogging
>CPU: X is at 0.4%, everything else shows 0.0% but when I restart
>mythbackend, the load returns to a more acceptable value (<1). This
>wasn't happening before the upgrade.
>
>It's not doing any transcoding or commercial flagging.
>
>This seems pretty weird. What could be going on?

Are you running 0.20-fixes r11299 (basically Sep 27) or above?

Mike
Re: Not so slowly creeping machine load after 0.20 upgrade [ In reply to ]
> Since my 0.20 upgrade, the machine (combined front/backend) load (as
> shown by "uptime") has been increasing at an alarming rate. When I
> looked yesterday it was up to a load of 60! "top" shows nothing
> hogging CPU: X is at 0.4%, everything else shows 0.0% but when I
> restart mythbackend, the load returns to a more acceptable value (<1).
> This wasn't happening before the upgrade.
>
> It's not doing any transcoding or commercial flagging.
>
> This seems pretty weird. What could be going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

> Are you running 0.20-fixes r11299 (basically Sep 27) or above?
>
> Mike

The 11th September version from the www.mythtv.org Downloads page.
(Can't seem to get to the MythTV CVS any more.)

Martin
Re: Not so slowly creeping machine load after 0.20 upgrade [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/06 18:18, Martin Brown wrote:

>>> Since my 0.20 upgrade, the machine (combined front/backend) load (as
>>> shown by "uptime") has been increasing at an alarming rate. When I
>>> looked yesterday it was up to a load of 60! "top" shows nothing
>>> hogging CPU: X is at 0.4%, everything else shows 0.0% but when I
>>> restart mythbackend, the load returns to a more acceptable value
>>> (<1). This wasn't happening before the upgrade.
>>>
>>> It's not doing any transcoding or commercial flagging.
>>>
>>> This seems pretty weird. What could be going on?
>>
>> Are you running 0.20-fixes r11299 (basically Sep 27) or above?
>
> The 11th September version from the www.mythtv.org Downloads page.
> (Can't seem to get to the MythTV CVS any more.)

You should upgrade. Doing so should fix the issue you've noticed.

MythTV is no longer using CVS--it's now SVN. See http://svn.mythtv.org/
for instructions on downloading. You'll want the release-0.20-fixes
(stable 0.20) branch.

Make sure you upgrade all your systems' installations of mythtv,
mythplugins, and myththemes.

Mike