Mailing List Archive

Re: [mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean?
On Tuesday 03 October 2006 15:07, Steven Adeff wrote:

> Subsystem: pcHDTV pcHDTV HD3000 HDTV
> Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10

Maybe increading the pci latency will help, especially since the ivtv
driver sets it for its cards to 64.

Janne
Re: [mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 15:42 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 15:07, Steven Adeff wrote:
> >
> > Subsystem: pcHDTV pcHDTV HD3000 HDTV
> > Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
>
> Maybe increading the pci latency will help, especially since the ivtv
> driver sets it for its cards to 64.

I already suggested that, I'm going on the assumption that this didn't
work. But yeah if that wasn't tried it should be.

-- Daniel

Re: [mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean? [ In reply to ]
On 10/5/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 15:42 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 October 2006 15:07, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > >
> > > Subsystem: pcHDTV pcHDTV HD3000 HDTV
> > > Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
> >
> > Maybe increading the pci latency will help, especially since the ivtv
> > driver sets it for its cards to 64.
>
> I already suggested that, I'm going on the assumption that this didn't
> work. But yeah if that wasn't tried it should be.

Yes, I tried the latency which didn't do anything.

I didn't think of the PSU, I'll pull out the multimeter and check the
voltages after work.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
Re: [mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean? [ In reply to ]
On 10/6/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 18:20 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > well, moved all three cards to my remote frontend and....
> > still there!
> > different computer, different cable feed (most of Boston has two cable
> > runs per apt. from the cable company spliter).
> >
> > So either its the cable signal or all three cards (including the
> > replacement HD3000 they sent me)
> >
> > its a sad day here =(
>
> Ugh, the chances that it is anything other than the signal are
> pretty remote :-| If you have a power-line conditioner lying
> around you can try plugging the computer into that, but the
> odds are remote that this will do anything. Sorry :(

my remote frontend runs through my home theatre power "conditioner"
and my backend through a APC UPS, so your right, it won't help. This
really pisses me off. I'll need to call out another Comcast Technician
again now that I know it has to be the cable signal.

Thanks for all the help guys! sorry to have bothered you with this.