Mailing List Archive

Current CVS setup segfault
(moved from myth-dev)

...following on from my previous post about not having / being able to
set my capture card settings, I tried a make distclean then a make and
make install. Now when I run setup I get a similar problem to the
person that started this tread (see output below). I tried the
suggestions from this thread - i.e. checking the themes were definitly
in /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/ and checking the Theme setting in
the database was correct, both of which were fine.

Annoyingly, I've managed to mess up my backup of my "last working
copy", so I'm Myth-less.

Anyway heres the output from setup:

Would you like to clear all capture card
settings before starting configuration? [no] yes
Would you like to clear all program/channel
settings before starting configuration? [no] no
Found 2 Xinerama Screens.
Using first Xinerama screen, 1280x1024+0+0
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
QPainter::end: Missing begin() or begin() failed
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
QPainter::end: Missing begin() or begin() failed
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
QPixmap::convertFromImage: Cannot convert a null image
Floating point exception

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Re: Current CVS setup segfault [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 08 March 2003 06:50 am, Dave wrote:
> (moved from myth-dev)
>
> ...following on from my previous post about not having / being able to
> set my capture card settings, I tried a make distclean then a make and
> make install. Now when I run setup I get a similar problem to the
> person that started this tread (see output below). I tried the
> suggestions from this thread - i.e. checking the themes were definitly
> in /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/ and checking the Theme setting in
> the database was correct, both of which were fine.
>
> Annoyingly, I've managed to mess up my backup of my "last working
> copy", so I'm Myth-less.
>
> Anyway heres the output from setup:

Can you update to current CVS and try again? It should print out some
additional debug info (at least, if the problem is related to what I think it
is..)

Isaac
Re: Current CVS setup segfault [ In reply to ]
--- Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote: > On Saturday 08 March
2003 06:50 am, Dave wrote:
> > (moved from myth-dev)
>
> Can you update to current CVS and try again? It should print out
> some
> additional debug info (at least, if the problem is related to what I
> think it
> is..)

OK, I did that and still got the same error. However, I started to try
to work it out what was going on, and found that it was trying to use
/usr/lib/libmyth* instead of /usr/local/lib/libmyth* - which I guess is
a hang-over on my system from when the PREFIX= setting was set
incorrectly in the CVS about a month ago. The myth file dates in there
were from Feb 15th, whereas the new versions of those files were of
course in /usr/local/lib. I deleted the wrong files, ran ldconfig, and
was then able to run setup (and the other GUI's) without any problems.

Thanks for your response Isaac, I hope you didn't spend too long
putting in extra debugging to find this problem. I also hope the
person that started this thread that had the same problem as me finds
the above info useful.

Cheers,
--Dave

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Re: Current CVS setup segfault [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 08 March 2003 10:40 am, Dave wrote:
> Thanks for your response Isaac, I hope you didn't spend too long
> putting in extra debugging to find this problem. I also hope the
> person that started this thread that had the same problem as me finds
> the above info useful.

Didn't take any time at all, but the stuff I added was in the wrong place, as
it turned out. Robert Kulagowsi happened to have a similar problem on a new
frontend install, and he and I worked it out on the irc channel.

Isaac