the recording? Or is this possible and I've just missed the option?

Thanks,

Simon
Re: MythArchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
On 22/09/06, Simon Dyson <sdyson@themaelstrom.co.uk> wrote:

> It seems that MythArchive generates thumbnails using the first frame of
> the recording which is rarely anything very interesting. Anyone think it
> would be better if the thumbnail came from somewhere in the middle of
> the recording? Or is this possible and I've just missed the option?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

This happens to me as well, maybe a variable for an offset of the first
thumbnail might be an idea?
Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
Hi Paul,

If you're interested this patch will fix the following issue:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/226158?search_string=mytharchive%20thumbnails;#226158

If you apply this you wll be able to supply a first frame offsete count in
seconds (using thumboffset =) this has solved an issue with the first frame
and thumbnail images being blank.

Thanks

Roy

PS. Let me know ifyou need me to go about these patches differently (ie
submitting to dev/raising a ticket etc..)
Re: Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> If you're interested this patch will fix the following issue:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/226158?search_string=mytharchive%20thumbnails;#226158
>

> If you apply this you wll be able to supply a first frame offsete
> count in seconds (using thumboffset =) this has solved an issue with
> the first frame and thumbnail images being blank.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roy
>
> PS. Let me know ifyou need me to go about these patches differently
> (ie submitting to dev/raising a ticket etc..)

Thanks for the patch, I'll apply it shortly. I still hope in the near
future make it possible to choose through the UI which thumb images to
use for all the thumbs including the chapter images.

It's best to create a ticket and assign it to me. I only skim through
the users list and it's easy to miss stuff like this. Also unified diffs
(diff -u) are preferred because they are easier to read or if you use
svn 'svn diff' should do that by default.

Paul H.

Re: Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
On 26/09/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > If you're interested this patch will fix the following issue:
> >

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/226158?search_string=mytharchive%20thumbnails;#226158
> >

> > If you apply this you wll be able to supply a first frame offsete
> > count in seconds (using thumboffset =) this has solved an issue with
> > the first frame and thumbnail images being blank.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Roy
> >
> > PS. Let me know ifyou need me to go about these patches differently
> > (ie submitting to dev/raising a ticket etc..)
> >

> Thanks for the patch, I'll apply it shortly. I still hope in the near
> future make it possible to choose through the UI which thumb images to
> use for all the thumbs including the chapter images.
>
> It's best to create a ticket and assign it to me. I only skim through
> the users list and it's easy to miss stuff like this. Also unified diffs
> (diff -u) are preferred because they are easier to read or if you use
> svn 'svn diff' should do that by default.
>
> Paul H.

No problem will do that for any future ones... Thanks for the great plugin
(this and mythwelcome:-)

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my first theme, so will post that
when it's done too...

Roy
Re: Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 26 September 2006 10:15, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Thanks for the patch, I'll apply it shortly. I still hope in the near
> future make it possible to choose through the UI which thumb images to
> use for all the thumbs including the chapter images.

Something that occurred to me that would be quite easy to do (for the title
thumbs anyway) would be to use the image that mythtv generates for each
program automatically - I've noticed that if one isn't present and you mark a
save point, it get generated using the frame at the save point.

ie. Basically it would require setting a save point in each program, at the
point at which you'd like the thumb image to be taken from.

Simon.,
Re: Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
On 26/09/06, Simon Levitt <maillists@whattf.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 10:15, Paul Harrison wrote:
> > Thanks for the patch, I'll apply it shortly. I still hope in the near
> > future make it possible to choose through the UI which thumb images to
> > use for all the thumbs including the chapter images.
> >
> Something that occurred to me that would be quite easy to do (for the
> title
> thumbs anyway) would be to use the image that mythtv generates for each
> program automatically - I've noticed that if one isn't present and you
> mark a
> save point, it get generated using the frame at the save point.
>
> ie. Basically it would require setting a save point in each program, at
> the
> point at which you'd like the thumb image to be taken from.
>
> Simon.,

The problem with this is that the thumbnail locations for the bookmark
appear to be in a format other than seconds (maybe frameindex ?) and
mytharchive helper uses seconds. I may however be totally wrong, or there
is a way to convert the frameindex to seconds???

Roy
Re: Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
On Tue, September 26, 2006 12:02, Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> On 26/09/06, Simon Levitt <maillists@whattf.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
>> Something that occurred to me that would be quite easy to do (for the
>> title
>> thumbs anyway) would be to use the image that mythtv generates for each
>> program automatically - I've noticed that if one isn't present and you
>> mark a
>> save point, it get generated using the frame at the save point.
>>
>> ie. Basically it would require setting a save point in each program, at
>> the
>> point at which you'd like the thumb image to be taken from.
>
> The problem with this is that the thumbnail locations for the bookmark
> appear to be in a format other than seconds (maybe frameindex ?) and
> mytharchive helper uses seconds. I may however be totally wrong, or there
> is a way to convert the frameindex to seconds???

I think Simon meant to use the actual files already generated by the
system as previews for the frontend or mythweb

--
F Peeters
PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250
Re: Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]
On 26/09/06, F Peeters (MythTV) <francesco@fampeeters.com> wrote:

> On Tue, September 26, 2006 12:02, Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> > On 26/09/06, Simon Levitt <maillists@whattf.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >> Something that occurred to me that would be quite easy to do (for the
> >> title
> >> thumbs anyway) would be to use the image that mythtv generates for each
> >> program automatically - I've noticed that if one isn't present and you
> >> mark a
> >> save point, it get generated using the frame at the save point.
> >>
> >> ie. Basically it would require setting a save point in each program, at
> >> the
> >> point at which you'd like the thumb image to be taken from.
> >
> > The problem with this is that the thumbnail locations for the bookmark
> > appear to be in a format other than seconds (maybe frameindex ?) and
> > mytharchive helper uses seconds. I may however be totally wrong, or
> there
> > is a way to convert the frameindex to seconds???
> >

> I think Simon meant to use the actual files already generated by the
> system as previews for the frontend or mythweb
>
> --
> F Peeters
> PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250
> Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) - XFCE - MythTV 0.20 - Xine
> Panasonic NV-VHD1 VCR/DVD player case modded to fit it all in...

I guess that would work too... ;-)
Re: Mytharchive thumbnails [ In reply to ]