execution working properly (never calls the externalcommand defined in
the DB table when I change channels). Anyone using the externalcommand
calls successfully?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael J. Sherman | Software Developer
Digital Sandbox, Inc. | http://www.dsbox.com/
Re: lirc and externalcommand [ In reply to ]
First, you'll want to check out the online docs as it explains the
procedure fairly well (heck, I even understood it!). The shell scripts
you need are in the docs.

Also, the "externalcommand" may only work when you turner card is *not* in
"television" mode. I don't know if this is still the case with the new
cvs version as I thought I saw the "externalcommand" option listed for the
different INs but I'm away from my myth machine right now so I can't
varify.

Anyway, set your tuner input to "Composite1" (or something similar) and
check out: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html#ss8.7

Jeremy