Homepage: http://www.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org
PGP key available at: http://www.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org/pgp.html
and http://pgp.mit.edu (search 'ihtruelsen')
Re: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
I am getting the same problem.

--
Merle Reine <merle.reine@lindows.com>
Lindows.com Hardware Certification
Re: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
I'm getting the same problem - from DirecTV listings.

Merle Reine(merle.reine@lindows.com)@2003.02.18 17:06:17 +0000:

Mark Ethan Trostler mark@zzo.com
Computing Solutions http://www.zzo.com
Re: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]

i> I just noticed that zap2it only has listings for about 14 channels for
i> my area, instead of the 50+ that it used to. Has anyone else noticed
i> this?

I assume you've checked with your web browser. What server is
it using, tvlistings[234]? Change the server to
"tvlistings.zap2it.com" and see if it's okay for your area. That
server has been much more stable over the last couple of months (end
times are present, no missing shows, no format changes).

If that works, you can try using an older version of xmltv
(0.5.2+patch, search the list archives).
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net
Re: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:58:57 -0800
gtgj@pacbell.net (Gregorio Gervasio Jr.) wrote:

> ><ian@ihtruelsen.dyndns.org> said:
>
> i> I just noticed that zap2it only has listings for about 14 channels
> for i> my area, instead of the 50+ that it used to. Has anyone else
> noticed i> this?
>
> I assume you've checked with your web browser. What server is
> it using, tvlistings[234]? Change the server to
> "tvlistings.zap2it.com" and see if it's okay for your area. That
> server has been much more stable over the last couple of months (end
> times are present, no missing shows, no format changes).

Where do I change the server? I didn't see that in the Settings menus
anywhere.

--
Ian Truelsen
Email: ian@ihtruelsen.dyndns.org
Re: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]

>> I assume you've checked with your web browser. What server is
>> it using, tvlistings[234]? Change the server to
>> "tvlistings.zap2it.com" and see if it's okay for your area. That
>> server has been much more stable over the last couple of months (end
>> times are present, no missing shows, no format changes).

i> Where do I change the server? I didn't see that in the Settings menus
i> anywhere.

No, what I mentioned was a change to xmltv, not anything in
mythtv. But have you checked the sites with your web browser? Check
both http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/ and http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/
to see if the latter has correct listings but not the former. If not,
there's no point in trying my suggestion. In my case, tvlistings2
is currently missing listings for Feb 26 onwards.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net
Re: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:51:04 -0800

> ><ian@ihtruelsen.dyndns.org> said:
>
> >> I assume you've checked with your web browser. What server is
> >> it using, tvlistings[234]? Change the server to
> >> "tvlistings.zap2it.com" and see if it's okay for your area. That
> >> server has been much more stable over the last couple of months
> >(end> times are present, no missing shows, no format changes).
>
> i> Where do I change the server? I didn't see that in the Settings
> menus i> anywhere.
>

> No, what I mentioned was a change to xmltv, not anything in
> mythtv. But have you checked the sites with your web browser? Check
> both http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/ and http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/
> to see if the latter has correct listings but not the former. If not,
> there's no point in trying my suggestion. In my case, tvlistings2
> is currently missing listings for Feb 26 onwards.
> --

The tvlistings server does seem to have the correct listings, but I am
not sure where one changes the server setting in xmltv. The only obvious
config file that I see is Cable.xmltv, but that doesn't have a server
setting in it anywhere.

Re: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]

i> The tvlistings server does seem to have the correct listings, but I am
i> not sure where one changes the server setting in xmltv. The only obvious
i> config file that I see is Cable.xmltv, but that doesn't have a server
i> setting in it anywhere.

There is no server setting. The problem is that the format of
listings on that server is an older format and xmltv changed some time
ago to handle listings on the default servers. Therefore, you'll need
to grab an older version of xmltv (0.5.2 is what I use). Before you
build and install it, edit "grab/na/ZapListings.pm" and change all
occurrences of "tvlistings2" to "tvlistings". After you build and
install it, remove your "~/.mythtv/Cable.xmltv" and rerun MythTV's
"setup" program so you can re-enter your zip code and cable provider.
Then, run "mythfilldatabase" to see if things are working.

If you don't feel comfortable going through all this, you
could just wait until zap2it fixes their listings. It seems like most
problems don't last for more than a few days. In fact, the default
server's listings for my area seem to be okay again so you may want to
check and see if your problem still persists.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net
Re:problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
i had that problem.

here i what i did (just for the record i'm using gentoo and mythtv cvs from early feb, mostly because everything i need works and i'm afraid to update to the newer version in case it doesn't work immediatly)

get xmltv .5.2 version whatever..
did a perl makefile.pl but got errors which i ignored because make and make test worked fine

make install... (of course)

once i changed all the tvlistings2 => tvlistings
in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLTV/ZapListings.pm
and tv_grab_na worked great.

mythfilldatabase gave me a configure error because it was using an old tv_grab_na and a new confige file so i had to go to ~user/.xmltv/tv_grab_na and put it ~user/.mythtv/matrox.xmltv

matrox is the name of my device that i set in setup. you can check your error message by seeing what file it tries to find in mythfilldatabase.

hope that helps people out. (if i did anything stupid please warn me before mythtv starts recording joe millionaire instead of samurai jack)

-paul
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Meet Singles
http://corp.mail.com/lavalife
Re: Re:problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
zap2it has fixed tvlistings2!

-- Paul

RE: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
RE: problems with zap2it [ In reply to ]
doesn't mythfilldatabase only do tomorrow and on? is there any way of getting today to work?

tvlistings2 was working 90% as of last week (some 9pm shows didn't show up for some reason) and my data for today is still messed up.

i switched to xmltv 5.2 and tvlistings (no number) and it works perfectly for thursday and up but hasn't updated today. (side note is that tvlistings2 website looks good again but i don't want to upgrade if 5.2 is working to pull info correctly.)

--manual doesn't help.

does it automatically check for current listings and skip to the next day in which case i would be able to delete and fill as you described?

thanks
--paul