Mailing List Archive

Re: UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video
jonny Linux wrote:

> Have you, by any chance, added the DVB-T Radio patch? I'm running
> 0.19-fixes, with the radio patch, and sometimes I get this error. I
> used to get the "cannot get lock" screen. But now, I tend to get the
> error while displaying video screen.
>
> I've always assumed its something to do with the radio patch, because
> of the way it adds a dummy video stream. But I'm not a dev, so I don't
> really know.
>
> Does anyone else get this?

I'm running the latest 0.19 fixes from atrpms testing, which i assume
includes this patch. Or at least the fact i have DVB radio available
suggests so..

> Jonny

Dunc
Re: UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video [ In reply to ]
Yes, I get this too.

I'm also running SVN branches/release-0-19-fixes, and I applied the DVB
radio patch manually.
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/926

I'm a programmer with a little mythtv and c++ knowledge, and I guess
that makes me dangerous :-) but sadly not able to debug why this error
is occuring.

Cheers
Andrew

Re: UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video [ In reply to ]
Andrew Cope wrote:
> Yes, I get this too.
>
> I'm also running SVN branches/release-0-19-fixes, and I applied the DVB
> radio patch manually.
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/926
>
> I'm a programmer with a little mythtv and c++ knowledge, and I guess
> that makes me dangerous :-) but sadly not able to debug why this error
> is occuring.
>
> Cheers
> Andrew
Any chance you could try making a ticket in trac? My attempt got marked
invalid as i was using the atrpms build

Dunc
Re: UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video [ In reply to ]
Duncan Brown wrote:
> Andrew Cope wrote:
>> Yes, I get this too.
>>
>> I'm also running SVN branches/release-0-19-fixes, and I applied the DVB
>> radio patch manually.
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/926
>>
>> I'm a programmer with a little mythtv and c++ knowledge, and I guess
>> that makes me dangerous :-) but sadly not able to debug why this error
>> is occuring.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrew
> Any chance you could try making a ticket in trac? My attempt got marked
> invalid as i was using the atrpms build
>
> Dunc

What was your ticket number. I'll re-open it with my details. (Maybe
later today if I find time.)

Cheers
Andrew
Re: UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video [ In reply to ]
On 4/25/06, Andrew Cope <andrew@evergreencomputing.com> wrote:
> Duncan Brown wrote:
> > Andrew Cope wrote:
> >> Yes, I get this too.
> >>
> >> I'm also running SVN branches/release-0-19-fixes, and I applied the DVB
> >> radio patch manually.
> >> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/926
> >>
> >> I'm a programmer with a little mythtv and c++ knowledge, and I guess
> >> that makes me dangerous :-) but sadly not able to debug why this error
> >> is occuring.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Andrew
> > Any chance you could try making a ticket in trac? My attempt got marked
> > invalid as i was using the atrpms build
> >
> > Dunc
>
> What was your ticket number. I'll re-open it with my details. (Maybe
> later today if I find time.)

I don't think there's any point in reopening the ticket. The ticket
was closed because the 'fault' was not against an official release.
The fact that you have applied a patch against the the fixes branch
will invalidate your ticket, i.e. the fault may be (and probably is in
this case) caused by an incompatibility between the patch anf the
fixes branch.

Feel free to re-open the ticket if you can reproduce the fault against
a clean checkout of the fixes branch or the current SVN head.
Re: UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video [ In reply to ]
Stephen Williams wrote:
> On 4/25/06, Andrew Cope <andrew@evergreencomputing.com> wrote:
>> Duncan Brown wrote:

>>> Any chance you could try making a ticket in trac? My attempt got marked
>>> invalid as i was using the atrpms build
>>>
>>> Dunc
>> What was your ticket number. I'll re-open it with my details. (Maybe
>> later today if I find time.)
>
> I don't think there's any point in reopening the ticket. The ticket
> was closed because the 'fault' was not against an official release.
> The fact that you have applied a patch against the the fixes branch
> will invalidate your ticket, i.e. the fault may be (and probably is in
> this case) caused by an incompatibility between the patch anf the
> fixes branch.
>
> Feel free to re-open the ticket if you can reproduce the fault against
> a clean checkout of the fixes branch or the current SVN head.

I've just taken out the DVB radio patch from my 0.19-fixes code, and
whaddayaknow, myth works normally. i.e. tuner is on Channel 70 (CBBC)
which is off the air now, and myth times-out and pops up a dialog
inviting me to choose another channel. Good stuff.

So there's something in the DVB radio patch that doesn't quite work well
with 0.19-fixes.

Anyone fancy diving into the code?

I have to have the radio patch there so my wife can record The Archers
on Radio 4. (I know, I know).

Cheers
Andrew
--
Email: andrew@evergreencomputing.com
Website: http://evergreencomputing.com
Re: UK DVB-T - Error was encountered while displaying video [ In reply to ]
Andrew Cope wrote:
> Stephen Williams wrote:

>>> What was your ticket number. I'll re-open it with my details. (Maybe
>>> later today if I find time.)
>> I don't think there's any point in reopening the ticket. The ticket
>> was closed because the 'fault' was not against an official release.
>> The fact that you have applied a patch against the the fixes branch
>> will invalidate your ticket, i.e. the fault may be (and probably is in
>> this case) caused by an incompatibility between the patch anf the
>> fixes branch.
>>
>> Feel free to re-open the ticket if you can reproduce the fault against
>> a clean checkout of the fixes branch or the current SVN head.
>

> I've just taken out the DVB radio patch from my 0.19-fixes code, and
> whaddayaknow, myth works normally. i.e. tuner is on Channel 70 (CBBC)
> which is off the air now, and myth times-out and pops up a dialog
> inviting me to choose another channel. Good stuff.
>
> So there's something in the DVB radio patch that doesn't quite work well
> with 0.19-fixes.
>
> Anyone fancy diving into the code?
>
> I have to have the radio patch there so my wife can record The Archers
> on Radio 4. (I know, I know).
>
> Cheers
> Andrew

Ultimately I couldn't fix the code, so I've ended up creating a dirty
hack to reset the value in cardinput.startchan to 1 (BBC ONE).

I've got a simple shell script that does the update if one or both of my
tuners are idle.

A better solution might be to patch the mythtv code so that startchan
never gets updated, but I'm a hacker by heart. :-)

Cheers
Andrew