Tim Fenn

--
Morals? I eat communism and $h!t America, brother. --Seanbaby
Re: mythlink.pl [ In reply to ]
--- Tim Fenn <fenn@stanford.edu> wrote:

> I recently set up an Avel linkplayer running through wizd to play some
> mythtv recordings, and I'm quite happy with it. But to get wizd to
> present reasonable filenames to the LP2, I've been using the handy
> mythlink.pl script from Chris Petersen. However, as new mythtv
> recordings appear (or are deleted), mythlink.pl must be re-run each
> time. I could add it as a user script to run after each recording,
> but I'm concerned this may present weird problems if I have 2 or more
> recordings ending at the same time spawning multiple mythlink.pl
> instances. Does anyone using mythlink.pl to keep an "updated" listing
> of mythtv recordings have any suggestions/hints (would it perhaps be
> better to run mythlink as a cron job?)?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Tim Fenn
>
> --
> Morals? I eat communism and $h!t America, brother. --Seanbaby

KnoppMyth R5A16 sets up mythlink.sh (which came before mythlink.pl) to run as
an hourly cron job... I'd guess mythlink.pl would work that way as well.

--Jack

Re: mythlink.pl [ In reply to ]
> I recently set up an Avel linkplayer running through wizd to play some
> mythtv recordings, and I'm quite happy with it. But to get wizd to
> present reasonable filenames to the LP2, I've been using the handy
> mythlink.pl script from Chris Petersen. However, as new mythtv
> recordings appear (or are deleted), mythlink.pl must be re-run each
> time. I could add it as a user script to run after each recording,
> but I'm concerned this may present weird problems if I have 2 or more
> recordings ending at the same time spawning multiple mythlink.pl
> instances. Does anyone using mythlink.pl to keep an "updated" listing
> of mythtv recordings have any suggestions/hints (would it perhaps be
> better to run mythlink as a cron job?)?

I run mythlink.sh (similar to mythlink.pl) as an hourly cron job and
that works fine.

Regards,
Phill
Re: mythlink.pl [ In reply to ]
On 11/08/17 11:35, Mark Perkins wrote:
> Has anyone tried mythlink.pl on 0.28 or 29?
>
> I note on the wiki that it lists compatibility only as far as 0.27.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl

I use it regularly, from the command line, in master. But with a patch:

$ diff mythlink.pl mythlink_KN2.pl
4a5,8
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20131125/ab4f1992/attachment.obj
> ## or
> ## http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/558623#558623
352a357,358
> # Skip deleted recordings
> next unless ($show->{'recgroup'} ne 'Deleted');

John P

Re: mythlink.pl [ In reply to ]
On 11/08/17 12:05, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/08/17 11:35, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> Has anyone tried mythlink.pl on 0.28 or 29?
>>
>> I note on the wiki that it lists compatibility only as far as 0.27.
>>
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl
>
> I use it regularly, from the command line, in master. But with a patch:
>
> $ diff mythlink.pl mythlink_KN2.pl
> 4a5,8
> > ## With patch by Karl Newman to skip deleted recordings
> > ##
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20131125/ab4f1992/attachment.obj
>
> > ## or
> > ## http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/558623#558623
> 352a357,358
> > # Skip deleted recordings
> > next unless ($show->{'recgroup'} ne 'Deleted');
>

> John P

Second thoughts again. I run this:

#!/bin/bash
# Create a readable list of recordings in /home/john/pretty
#
echo "Creating a pretty list of recordings in /home/john/pretty"
#
perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-master/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink_KN2.pl
--link \
/home/john/pretty --format '%T-%cn-%Y%m%d-%H%i-%S'
date
exit

Re: mythlink.pl [ In reply to ]
On 11/08/17 20:35, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/08/17 11:35, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> Has anyone tried mythlink.pl on 0.28 or 29?
>>
>> I note on the wiki that it lists compatibility only as far as 0.27.
>>
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl
>
> I use it regularly, from the command line, in master. But with a patch:
>
> $ diff mythlink.pl mythlink_KN2.pl
> 4a5,8
> > ## With patch by Karl Newman to skip deleted recordings
> > ##
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20131125/ab4f1992/attachment.obj
> > ## or
> > ## http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/558623#558623
> 352a357,358
> > # Skip deleted recordings
> > next unless ($show->{'recgroup'} ne 'Deleted');
>

> John P

Thanks for the quick response John. I had it in the contrib directory
already so gave it a quick try on 0.28, can confirm, seemed to work
fine. Actually it works surprisingly fast.

Next step is to work out a format that Plex will like.

Thanks again John.

Re: mythlink.pl [ In reply to ]
On 08/11/2017 07:25 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response John. I had it in the contrib directory
> already so gave it a quick try on 0.28, can confirm, seemed to work
> fine. Actually it works surprisingly fast.

Feel free to update the wiki so others know. :)

Thanks,
Mike
Re: mythlink.pl [ In reply to ]
On 08/11/2017 04:22 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/08/17 12:05, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 11/08/17 11:35, Mark Perkins wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried mythlink.pl on 0.28 or 29?
>>>
>>> I note on the wiki that it lists compatibility only as far as 0.27.
>>>
>>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl
>>
>> I use it regularly, from the command line, in master. But with a patch:
>>
>> $ diff mythlink.pl mythlink_KN2.pl
>> 4a5,8
>> > ## With patch by Karl Newman to skip deleted recordings
>> > ##
>> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20131125/ab4f1992/attachment.obj
>>
>> > ## or
>> > ## http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/558623#558623
>> 352a357,358
>> > # Skip deleted recordings
>> > next unless ($show->{'recgroup'} ne 'Deleted');
>>

>> John P
>
> Second thoughts again. I run this:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> # Create a readable list of recordings in /home/john/pretty
> #
> echo "Creating a pretty list of recordings in /home/john/pretty"
> #
> perl
> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-master/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink_KN2.pl
> --link \
> /home/john/pretty --format '%T-%cn-%Y%m%d-%H%i-%S'
> date
> exit

I also do something like this:

# Removing symlinks breaks plex syncing
# Generate the links in a tmp dir
perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl --path
/plexdir/TV.tmp --format "%T/%T - S%ssE%ep - %S"

# Sync the changes only to the directory plex reads
rsync -av --delete --ignore-existing /plexdir/TV.tmp/ /plexdir/TV/

I started doing this because I have plex set to notice directory changes
and automatically update. Unfortunately, when mythlink ran, the first
thing it does is remove all links. Plex would start deleting the meta
data, to then only recreate it. Now I run mythlink in a temp diretory
and have rsync only copy over new or remove deleted links.

Michael