Mailing List Archive

Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels?
Hi all,
I'd heard rumors that PC HD3000 cards could receive clear QAM. I can
confirm. Mine is working well. I had to grab the latest dvb-apps from
linuxtv.org <http://linuxtv.org>, make them, then scanned with:

./util/scan/dvbscan -vv -a0 -A2
./util/scan/atsc/us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256

After a few minutes, this dumped all the channels found to stdout. It found
many more but most are probably the encrypted QAM variety. After testing
them by tuning with azap and then cat'ing and mplaying the (below), I found
the four I expected to be clear QAM and threw out the rest.

Filtered (known working) results, changed only the first field to end up
with:

NBC:561000000:QAM_256:16:17:1
ABC:561000000:QAM_256:144:145:3
CBS:567000000:QAM_256:16:17:1
FOX:567000000:QAM_256:144:145:3


Now I can successfully tune to any of those channels like so:
azap -c ~/.azap/channels.conf -r NBC

status 1f | signal fdf2 | snr fd9f | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal fdf2 | snr fd8d | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
FE_HAS_LOCK


And I can cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /tmp/out

And play thay back (and it looks really nice) with:
mplayer -vo xv -fs -zoom -vf pp=lb -framedrop /tmp/out


I hope this might help someone with the same card or other DVB cards. I've
gotten this far from a couple of excellent posts seen here recently.

Now the question... Has anyone figured out how to import these channels into
MythTV? I'm running 0.18.1. Inside of mythtv-setup, the only channel scan
setup options seem to be ATSC or Cable. I tried cable but it doesn't find
these channels even though the newer versions of dvb-apps find channels
while scanning. (Not too suprising.)

I see there is a manual way to add channels, and since I only have 4, that
would be fine, but is there a way to find out the zap2it XMLTV ID? I'm
signed up with zap2it, and I selected a program line-up and unchecked all
but those for channels in the 700 range which are clear QAM. But now I'm a
but stuck as to how to proceed. I previously downloaded zap2it listings when
I was using OTA ATSC but not that I'm trying to get QAM working, I'm not
sure how to get these channels set up in MythTV.

Any ideas?
Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
From: Brian McEntire <brian.mcentire@gmail.com>
>I'd heard rumors that PC HD3000 cards could
>receive clear QAM. I can
>confirm. Mine is working well. I had to grab the
>latest dvb-apps

Cool.

>It found many more but most are probably
>the encrypted QAM variety. After testing
>them by tuning with azap and then cat'ing and
>mplaying the (below),

There's an easier way. If your mplayer is
compiled with dvb, you can put channels.conf
in your ~/.mplayer directory and do:
mplayer dvb://<channelname>

>I found the four I expected to be clear QAM
>and threw out the rest.
>NBC:561000000:QAM_256:16:17:1
>ABC:561000000:QAM_256:144:145:3
>CBS:567000000:QAM_256:16:17:1
>FOX:567000000:QAM_256:144:145:3

Those look like broadcast channels. Your cable
operator should transmit the PSIP data for them
so that you shouldn't have to rename them to
something more user friendly. If there's no
PSIP data, then something is wrong.

>Now the question... Has anyone figured out how
>to import these channels into
>MythTV? I'm running 0.18.1. Inside of mythtv-setup,
>the only channel scan
>setup options seem to be ATSC or Cable. I tried
>cable but it doesn't find
>these channels even though the newer versions
>of dvb-apps find channels
>while scanning. (Not too suprising.)

If there's PSIP data, you shouldn't have to.
mythtvsetup should pick them up automagically.

>I see there is a manual way to add channels, and
>since I only have 4, that
>would be fine, but is there a way to find out
>the zap2it XMLTV ID?

Go to labs.zap2it.com, add those channels to
your lineup and do a mythfilldatabase. It
should show up in your channel table where you
can go poke for it. In the past, I bypassed
xmltvid and went to mythweb->settings->channels
and set the freqid to zap2it's cable channel number
but I don't know if it still works the latest svn
code.

Also, you never know what you'll find unencrypted.
Attached is a script I wrote that does the scan for
me.
On my system, it takes about 12 mins to scan the
frequencies and another 20 or so to capture
streams and test all the pids.

-Dennis



__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
http://mail.yahoo.com
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
Thank you for that QAM scanning script! I ran it and I'll include the
results below...

Those look like broadcast channels. Your cable
> operator should transmit the PSIP data for them
> so that you shouldn't have to rename them to
> something more user friendly. If there's no
> PSIP data, then something is wrong.


Are you sure? I think I've seen many posts about cable operaters not
providing PSIP information. Here is the output of channels.conf generated by
the script you attached:

[000-0001]:561000000:QAM_256:16:17:1
[001-0003]:561000000:QAM_256:144:145:3
[002-0002]:561000000:QAM_256:80:81:2
...

There are about 15 more entries, but the top three ought to be enought to
discuss.

1) Is the left most field what you would expect to see? How about the rest
of the lines?

2) I tuned into those channels by "name" (ie [000-0001]) and could watch
some of them with Mplayer. I could watch NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX which I
expected to be in clear QAM. The rest were probably encrypted because I
could get a lock but couldn't see anything.

In the output above, the first two are viewable with mplayer, the last is
not.


>Now the question... Has anyone figured out how
> >to import these channels into
> >MythTV? I'm running 0.18.1. Inside of mythtv-setup,
> >the only channel scan
> >setup options seem to be ATSC or Cable. I tried
> >cable but it doesn't find
> >these channels even though the newer versions
> >of dvb-apps find channels
> >while scanning. (Not too suprising.)
>
> If there's PSIP data, you shouldn't have to.
> mythtvsetup should pick them up automagically.


And if not? :) ... This must be where it gets tricky.

I tried doing a manual transport scan within the channel editor and I
selected one of the frequencies above which I new I could view with mplayer.
This kinda worked, but Myth made weird channel named, literally like "2#2".
I could actually tune to one or two of them and watch them within Myth,
which is very exciting, but the guide data was wrong and two others wouldn't
tune, so I'm not there yet.

Go to labs.zap2it.com <http://labs.zap2it.com>, add those channels to
> your lineup and do a mythfilldatabase. It
> should show up in your channel table where you
> can go poke for it. In the past, I bypassed
> xmltvid and went to mythweb->settings->channels
> and set the freqid to zap2it's cable channel number
> but I don't know if it still works the latest svn
> code.


Okay, I was able to do that and get the XMLTV IDs. On the other hand, this
didn't help get the guide data into the imported channels and also doesn't
help them tune in any better. (Maybe a more experienced Myth guru wouldn't
expect it to :)


So anyway, I'm getting there. If anyone has any more ideas, please let me
know. It feels tantilizingly close since I can tune channels manually and
watch them, it seems like it must just be a matter of getting the channel
numbers and such into the right format for Myth to understand.
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
--- Dennis Lou <dlou99@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Brian McEntire <brian.mcentire@gmail.com>
> >I'd heard rumors that PC HD3000 cards could
> >receive clear QAM. I can
> >confirm. Mine is working well. I had to grab the
> >latest dvb-apps
>
> Cool.
>
> >It found many more but most are probably
> >the encrypted QAM variety. After testing
> >them by tuning with azap and then cat'ing and
> >mplaying the (below),
>
> There's an easier way. If your mplayer is
> compiled with dvb, you can put channels.conf
> in your ~/.mplayer directory and do:
> mplayer dvb://<channelname>
>
> >I found the four I expected to be clear QAM
> >and threw out the rest.
> >NBC:561000000:QAM_256:16:17:1
> >ABC:561000000:QAM_256:144:145:3
> >CBS:567000000:QAM_256:16:17:1
> >FOX:567000000:QAM_256:144:145:3
>
> Those look like broadcast channels. Your cable
> operator should transmit the PSIP data for them
> so that you shouldn't have to rename them to
> something more user friendly. If there's no
> PSIP data, then something is wrong.
>
> >Now the question... Has anyone figured out how
> >to import these channels into
> >MythTV? I'm running 0.18.1. Inside of mythtv-setup,
>
> >the only channel scan
> >setup options seem to be ATSC or Cable. I tried
> >cable but it doesn't find
> >these channels even though the newer versions
> >of dvb-apps find channels
> >while scanning. (Not too suprising.)
>
> If there's PSIP data, you shouldn't have to.
> mythtvsetup should pick them up automagically.
>
> >I see there is a manual way to add channels, and
> >since I only have 4, that
> >would be fine, but is there a way to find out
> >the zap2it XMLTV ID?
>
> Go to labs.zap2it.com, add those channels to
> your lineup and do a mythfilldatabase. It
> should show up in your channel table where you
> can go poke for it. In the past, I bypassed
> xmltvid and went to mythweb->settings->channels
> and set the freqid to zap2it's cable channel number
> but I don't know if it still works the latest svn
> code.
>
> Also, you never know what you'll find unencrypted.
> Attached is a script I wrote that does the scan for
> me.
> On my system, it takes about 12 mins to scan the
> frequencies and another 20 or so to capture
> streams and test all the pids.
>
> -Dennis
>
>
>
> __________________________________
> Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
> http://mail.yahoo.com>
_______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>

If your provider is not kind enough to send the PSIP
info you will have to add the channels manually to the
database.

I'll try to explain how using you channels.conf as an
example. The database tables that need to be modified
are channel and dtv_multiplex. dtv_multiplex should
be populated by the channel scan and the channel table
you will need to modify yourself. Below is an example
of how you would setup your NBC (assuming
ch#707)channel in Myth.


1.) go to zap2it and build your listing for your local
HD broadcast channels.
2.) assign that listing to your dvb 3k in mythtvsetup
3.) go into the channel editor (still in mythtvsetup)
select your new listing and do a scan (select type
"cable")

The scan will take some time. Mostly likely you won't
really get anything useful, but what this will do it
populate the dtv_multiplex table in your db. You will
need this later on.

4.) exit mythtvsetup and run mythfilldatabase. This
will now provide you with your xmltvids to callsign
mappings.

At this point you still will not be able to tune
anything yet so don't try.

5.) ***Important*** stop mythbackend.
6.) edit your channels.conf and remove your PSIP
values. You don't need them for Myth. So your file
will look like this.

NBC:561000000:QAM_256:0:0
ABC:561000000:QAM_256:0:0
CBS:567000000:QAM_256:0:0
FOX:567000000:QAM_256:0:0

7.) go ahead and fire up azap and tune a channel.
$ azap -r NBC
8.) in a second terminial run dvbscan -c
$ dvbscan -c

What you need is the serviceid. This is the number in
the [000#] at the far left. Your provider will most
likely be using the same frequency for multiple
channels. So you may have more then one service per
freq. In this example your serviceid for NBC would be
2.

Example:
dumping lists (1 services)
[0002] (0x0002) 00: PCR == V V
0x0010 A 0x0011 (eng)

Now stop your dvbscan and azap tune.

9.) log into your database.
$mysql -u root -p mythconverg

To tune the 3k you will need to find the mplexid for
you known frequency.

10.) finding the mplexid
mysql> select mplexid from dtv_multiplex where
frequency = '561000000';
+---------+
| mplexid |
+---------+
| 25 |
+---------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Write down the mplexid value. For example sake we
will say it was 25.

11.) Now you are ready to setup the channel. You have
the freqency (561000000),mplexid(25),and the
serviceid(2). Assuming that you now have a channel
707 from the previous mythfilldatabase above.


mysql> update channel set freqid="561000000" where
channum=707;
mysql> update channel set mplexid="25" where
channum=707;
mysql> update channel set serviceid="2" where
channum=707;

You may want to do a quick check to make sure all
looks good.

mysql> select * from channel where channum=707;
mysql> quit

12.) Start mythbackend

13.) Start up the frontend and test.


-- A couple of things I ran across later with the 3k.
By default the 3k will be set to record in PS mode. I
had wierd fastforward and rewind problems. In
mythtvsetup under capture cards-->dvb-->Advanced
settings I selected the "Use TS instead of PS" option
and the ffw and rew problems went away.

Also stopping the backend is only really needed to do
the azap tune. So while your there you may just want
to run the scan for serviceids for your 4 channels so
you only have to do it once.

I hope this helps. I just went through this about a
week ago and it was not easy to find all of the info.
Alot for trial and error. Let me know how it works
out for you...

-jason




__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
One other thing I forgot to mention is cleaning up the
bum channels from the scan. The easiest way is via
MythWeb.

In MythWeb click settings-->channels. Then find the
channels you could not tune or dont want and put a
check the the delete box. Then click "save" at the
bottom. You should be good to go.





______________________________________________________
Yahoo! for Good
Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I'm making a few edits, just to clear up a few things I hit following these
directions. Hopefully this will also help others.

On 9/16/05, Jason Beck <jasonbeck777@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
> If your provider is not kind enough to send the PSIP
> info you will have to add the channels manually to the
> database.
>
> I'll try to explain how using you channels.conf as an
> example. The database tables that need to be modified
> are channel and dtv_multiplex. dtv_multiplex should
> be populated by the channel scan and the channel table
> you will need to modify yourself. Below is an example
> of how you would setup your NBC (assuming
> ch#707)channel in Myth.
>
>
> 1.) go to zap2it and build your listing for your local
> HD broadcast channels.


And this is documented elsewhere, but I it's probably a good place to note:
uncheck all the channels you don't intend to receive. In my case, there are
only 4 HDTV channels I can receive from my cable system.

2.) assign that listing to your dvb 3k in mythtvsetup
> 3.) go into the channel editor (still in mythtvsetup)
> select your new listing and do a scan (select type
> "cable")


You need to stop mythbackend before step 3) above or else the scan can't get
ahold of the card to do it's thing.

Maybe it's just me, but I had to be sure to arrow-down and select "Finish".
The first time through I just hit the Enter key and the results of the scan
didn't show up in the Channels window (so Cancel was probably highlighted.)

The scan will take some time. Mostly likely you won't
> really get anything useful, but what this will do it
> populate the dtv_multiplex table in your db. You will
> need this later on.
>
> 4.) exit mythtvsetup and run mythfilldatabase. This
> will now provide you with your xmltvids to callsign
> mappings.


mythtv-setup may complain on exit about the start channel not existing, at
this point, I chose "I know what I'm doing" (or something like that ;-) and
exited.

I'm not positive, but I think mythbackend should be running when you run
mythfilldatabase (maybe it doesn't matter, and if that's the case, someone
can correct me.) I started mythbackend back up before running
mythfilldatabase.

At this point you still will not be able to tune
> anything yet so don't try.
>
> 5.) ***Important*** stop mythbackend.
> 6.) edit your channels.conf and remove your PSIP
> values. You don't need them for Myth. So your file
> will look like this.
>
> NBC:561000000:QAM_256:0:0
> ABC:561000000:QAM_256:0:0
> CBS:567000000:QAM_256:0:0
> FOX:567000000:QAM_256:0:0
>
> 7.) go ahead and fire up azap and tune a channel.
> $ azap -r NBC
> 8.) in a second terminial run dvbscan -c
> $ dvbscan -c
>
> What you need is the serviceid. This is the number in
> the [000#] at the far left. Your provider will most
> likely be using the same frequency for multiple
> channels. So you may have more then one service per
> freq. In this example your serviceid for NBC would be
> 2.
>
> Example:
> dumping lists (1 services)
> [0002] (0x0002) 00: PCR == V V
> 0x0010 A 0x0011 (eng)


In my go at it, here's what dvbscan -c found for one azap tuned channel:

dumping lists (3 services)
[0001] (0x0001) 00: PCR == V V 0x0010 A 0x0011
[0003] (0x0003) 00: PCR == V V 0x0090 A 0x0091 (eng)
[0002] (0x0002) 00: PCR == V V 0x0050 A 0x0051 (eng)


Now stop your dvbscan and azap tune.
>
> 9.) log into your database.
> $mysql -u root -p mythconverg
>
> To tune the 3k you will need to find the mplexid for
> you known frequency.
>
> 10.) finding the mplexid
> mysql> select mplexid from dtv_multiplex where
> frequency = '561000000';
> +---------+
> | mplexid |
> +---------+
> | 25 |
> +---------+
> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>
> Write down the mplexid value. For example sake we
> will say it was 25.


Hmmm. I got this far, only to find the DVB QAM scan found two frequencies I
wasn't expecting and neither of the ones my manual dvbscan found. Go Figure!

select frequency from dtv_multiplex;
+-----------+
| frequency |
+-----------+
| 717000000 |
| 579000000 |
+-----------+

I went back into mythtv-setup, to channel editor, and chose to import (my
already edited) channels.conf file. BTW, I am running the MythTV CVS version
I got earlier today. I don't think 18.1 let you import a
channels.confthough the mythtv-setup app.

This seemed to work. Back in the database:

+-----------+
| frequency |
+-----------+
| 717000000 |
| 579000000 |
| 561000000 |
| 567000000 |
+-----------+

561 and 567 MHz are the channels I was expecting to find.

+---------+
| mplexid |
+---------+
| 3 |
+---------+

+---------+
| mplexid |
+---------+
| 4 |
+---------+


11.) Now you are ready to setup the channel. You have
> the freqency (561000000),mplexid(25),and the
> serviceid(2). Assuming that you now have a channel
> 707 from the previous mythfilldatabase above.


Confirmed the mythfilldatabase gave me the channels I wanted:

+---------+
| channum |
+---------+
| 0 |
| 0 |
| 0 |
| 0 |
| 704 |
| 705 |
| 707 |
| 709 |
| 85#0 |
| 85#1 |
+---------+

There are some duds in there, but also the ones I want (in the 700 range).
Hopefully I can delete the rest later.

> channum=707;
> mysql> update channel set mplexid="25" where
> channum=707;
> mysql> update channel set serviceid="2" where
> channum=707;
>
> You may want to do a quick check to make sure all
> looks good.
>
> mysql> select * from channel where channum=707;
> mysql> quit
>
> 12.) Start mythbackend


After this step, I went back into mythtv-setup before proceeding and set my
start channel to 704, since that should be a valid channel now.

13.) Start up the frontend and test.



I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! IT WORKS!!!!!! :) :) :)


I went back to add the other three channels. Killed mythbackend so I could
tune with azap and dvbscan -c. repeated the step 11 sequence for my other 3
QAM channels. My other three channels ended up being:

freq,mplexid,serviceid
561000000,3,3
567000000,4,1
567000000,4,3

I don't know if this is "normal" or unique to my cable system (Adelphia) but
the dvbscan -c found a serviceid of 2 inbetween 1 and 3 on both frequencies
but it wouldn't tune / Myth reported it was encrypted. Using serviceids 1
and 3 did the trick.


In the end, this is what the relevant stuff looks like in my channel table
in MySQL:

channel;
+--------+---------+-----------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+
| chanid | channum | freqid | mplexid | serviceid | callsign | xmltvid |
+--------+---------+-----------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+
| 1704 | 704 | 561000000 | 3 | 1 | WRCDT | 19578 |
| 1707 | 707 | 561000000 | 3 | 3 | WJLADT | 19579 |
| 1709 | 709 | 567000000 | 4 | 1 | WUSADT | 19580 |
| 1705 | 705 | 567000000 | 4 | 3 | WTTGDT | 20367 |
+--------+---------+-----------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+



-- A couple of things I ran across later with the 3k.
> By default the 3k will be set to record in PS mode. I
> had wierd fastforward and rewind problems. In
> mythtvsetup under capture cards-->dvb-->Advanced
> settings I selected the "Use TS instead of PS" option
> and the ffw and rew problems went away.


Hmm, I remember seeing that setting, but in the CVS version I am running
(maybe .19.2)... it doesn't appear there in the advanced section. On the
other hand, I am not seeing FF or RWD problems in limited use, maybe it has
been defaulted to your preferred setting.

I hope this helps. I just went through this about a
> week ago and it was not easy to find all of the info.
> Alot for trial and error. Let me know how it works
> out for you...


Oh, it helped immensely! Thank you so much! I hope my feedback helps you or
someone else in a similar situation.

The only problem left (well, I'm sure I will find more ;-) ... the audio is
great in my first two channels (704 and 705) however, there is no audio in
707 or 709. I can't figure out what the pattern is there since 704 uses
service id 1 and 705 uses service id 3 and they both use different
frequencies; so the audio problem doesn't seem to be localized to the either
the frequency or the service id.
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
On 9/16/05, Jason Beck <jasonbeck777@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> One other thing I forgot to mention is cleaning up the
> bum channels from the scan. The easiest way is via
> MythWeb.
>
> In MythWeb click settings-->channels. Then find the
> channels you could not tune or dont want and put a
> check the the delete box. Then click "save" at the
> bottom. You should be good to go.


Worked great. Thanks for that tip too. :)
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
Awesome I'm glad you got it working. I threw this
together off the top of my head while at work today...

I just went through this last week and it was pretty
difficult to gather all of the info to make it work.
Along with a lot of trail and error.

Another Tip.

It may or may not apply. There is a nifty shortcut to
quckly gather all of you QAM freq if you have an HD
STB. I have a Scientific-Atlanta 3250HD. The SA box
is all I can speak to but I'm sure other STBs will
have something similar. If you can get into the
status menu of you STB you can tune one of you HD
channels and it will display the QAM freq.

Its kind of nice when trying to find which channel is
on what freq. For example channel 708 is my local
HDCBS channel via my STB. I tune the STB to 708, then
hold the + button on the STB until the mail led
flashes the hit the info button on the STB. Wala! the
status menu. Check www.avsforum.com for details on
how to get the status menus on your specific model.
This has saved me a bunch of time on finding channels.
Now all I have to do is use the STB to find the freq.
Then do the dvb scan to find the serviceid. Saves a
lot of trial and error.



__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
I just wanted to thank you all for this thread, as it helped me get my
hd3000 working. i had tried working on it long ago and became frustrated
and had only slight success, but now it's working great using these
instructions. I have comcast and they don't help out by sending the psip
information. i get the standard broadcast hd stations now! Best of all, i
get many of the regular analog stations too, which look even better than on
the analog capture card, the analog tv, or even the digital-cable hd-dvr
box.

Thanks again!
Adam

On 9/16/05, Jason Beck <jasonbeck777@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Awesome I'm glad you got it working. I threw this
> together off the top of my head while at work today...
>
> I just went through this last week and it was pretty
> difficult to gather all of the info to make it work.
> Along with a lot of trail and error.
>
> Another Tip.
>
> It may or may not apply. There is a nifty shortcut to
> quckly gather all of you QAM freq if you have an HD
> STB. I have a Scientific-Atlanta 3250HD. The SA box
> is all I can speak to but I'm sure other STBs will
> have something similar. If you can get into the
> status menu of you STB you can tune one of you HD
> channels and it will display the QAM freq.
>
> Its kind of nice when trying to find which channel is
> on what freq. For example channel 708 is my local
> HDCBS channel via my STB. I tune the STB to 708, then
> hold the + button on the STB until the mail led
> flashes the hit the info button on the STB. Wala! the
> status menu. Check www.avsforum.com for details on
> how to get the status menus on your specific model.
> This has saved me a bunch of time on finding channels.
> Now all I have to do is use the STB to find the freq.
> Then do the dvb scan to find the serviceid. Saves a
> lot of trial and error.
>
>
>
> __________________________________
> Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
> http://mail.yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
I will try the steps here tonight. :)
I will also try to contribute by automating it :D

All I'm missing is adding channels in myth! :)

My setup is 2 cards

1.) Air2PC-> OTA(adapter0) and
2.) Dvico Fusion5HDTVLite->QAM256(adapter1) just installed last night
3.) Kernel 2.6.15.1
4.) 0.18.2 mythtv
5.) v4l-dvb cvs
6.) dvb-apps cvs

I'll keep you posted guys!

Kudos to Jason!!!!!
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
--- Neil <neil-on-mythtv@restricted.dyndns.org> wrote:

>
> I will try the steps here tonight. :)
> I will also try to contribute by automating it :D
>
> All I'm missing is adding channels in myth! :)
>
> My setup is 2 cards
>
> 1.) Air2PC-> OTA(adapter0) and
> 2.) Dvico Fusion5HDTVLite->QAM256(adapter1) just
> installed last night
> 3.) Kernel 2.6.15.1
> 4.) 0.18.2 mythtv
> 5.) v4l-dvb cvs
> 6.) dvb-apps cvs
>
> I'll keep you posted guys!
>
> Kudos to Jason!!!!!
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>


Let me know how this goes with the Dvico Fusion5HDTV
Lite card. I was thinking of getting one of these to
replace one of my SD PVR cards.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
>Let me know how this goes with the Dvico Fusion5HDTV
>Lite card. I was thinking of getting one of these to
>replace one of my SD PVR cards.

I'm hitting a wall right now. Was really wondering why I wasn't able to make
it work. I got the channels.conf, 114 services found as of last night by
atscscan. Then I went to zap2it and only selected the channel that was found
by atscscan. I ran mythfilldatabase to grab the channel lineup. For my test,
I only picked one channel. IIRC, atscscan called the channel as FOX-HD.
However, in zap2it, I guess FOX-HD is written as WFLD. I pulled those
mplexid, frequency, etc and then updated the channels table.

Did I miss anything?

Anyways, this morning, I upgraded to pre .19 mythtv. I restored my old
backup as of 2 days ago, ran mythtv-setup and added the zap2it lineup. I did
a cable QAM-256 scan and it found about 20+ channels. Channels were like
C107#1, C107#2, C107#3 and so on. I closed setup ran mythfrontend. I am able
to see now the Comcast channels in Watch TV, however, I don't have any
program guide for those comcast channels. It is showing "No data".

And another issue I'm seeing is, I always watch HGTV, Spike, A&E and my
kids, cartoon network in our regular television. It's just a straight
coaxial connection from outside house to our television. However, in my
other setup which is the Fusioncard on Mythtv, I scrolled through every
channel that myth found but most of them were advertisements, weather
channel and news. I didn't see the channels I really like to watch. ANy
ideas? I do see some HD though like WTTW-11 even if I only have analog
subscription.

What about QAM-64, QAM-128, what are these? Will I find channels if I select
this?

Thanks!
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
Neil wrote:

>>Let me know how this goes with the Dvico Fusion5HDTV
>>Lite card. I was thinking of getting one of these to
>>replace one of my SD PVR cards.
>>
>>
>
>I'm hitting a wall right now. Was really wondering why I wasn't able to make
>it work. I got the channels.conf, 114 services found as of last night by
>atscscan. Then I went to zap2it and only selected the channel that was found
>by atscscan. I ran mythfilldatabase to grab the channel lineup. For my test,
>I only picked one channel. IIRC, atscscan called the channel as FOX-HD.
>However, in zap2it, I guess FOX-HD is written as WFLD. I pulled those
>mplexid, frequency, etc and then updated the channels table.
>
>Did I miss anything?
>
>Anyways, this morning, I upgraded to pre .19 mythtv. I restored my old
>backup as of 2 days ago, ran mythtv-setup and added the zap2it lineup. I did
>a cable QAM-256 scan and it found about 20+ channels. Channels were like
>C107#1, C107#2, C107#3 and so on. I closed setup ran mythfrontend. I am able
>to see now the Comcast channels in Watch TV, however, I don't have any
>program guide for those comcast channels. It is showing "No data".
>
>
did you run mythfilldatabase

>And another issue I'm seeing is, I always watch HGTV, Spike, A&E and my
>kids, cartoon network in our regular television. It's just a straight
>coaxial connection from outside house to our television. However, in my
>other setup which is the Fusioncard on Mythtv, I scrolled through every
>channel that myth found but most of them were advertisements, weather
>channel and news. I didn't see the channels I really like to watch. ANy
>ideas? I do see some HD though like WTTW-11 even if I only have analog
>subscription.
>
>What about QAM-64, QAM-128, what are these? Will I find channels if I select
>this?
>
>Thanks!
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
>
>
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
--- Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Neil wrote:
>
> >>Let me know how this goes with the Dvico
> Fusion5HDTV
> >>Lite card. I was thinking of getting one of these
> to
> >>replace one of my SD PVR cards.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >I'm hitting a wall right now. Was really wondering
> why I wasn't able to make
> >it work. I got the channels.conf, 114 services
> found as of last night by
> >atscscan. Then I went to zap2it and only selected
> the channel that was found
> >by atscscan. I ran mythfilldatabase to grab the
> channel lineup. For my test,
> >I only picked one channel. IIRC, atscscan called
> the channel as FOX-HD.
> >However, in zap2it, I guess FOX-HD is written as
> WFLD. I pulled those
> >mplexid, frequency, etc and then updated the
> channels table.
> >
> >Did I miss anything?
> >
> >Anyways, this morning, I upgraded to pre .19
> mythtv. I restored my old
> >backup as of 2 days ago, ran mythtv-setup and added
> the zap2it lineup. I did
> >a cable QAM-256 scan and it found about 20+
> channels. Channels were like
> >C107#1, C107#2, C107#3 and so on. I closed setup
> ran mythfrontend. I am able
> >to see now the Comcast channels in Watch TV,
> however, I don't have any
> >program guide for those comcast channels. It is
> showing "No data".
> >
> >
> did you run mythfilldatabase
>
> >And another issue I'm seeing is, I always watch
> HGTV, Spike, A&E and my
> >kids, cartoon network in our regular television.
> It's just a straight
> >coaxial connection from outside house to our
> television. However, in my
> >other setup which is the Fusioncard on Mythtv, I
> scrolled through every
> >channel that myth found but most of them were
> advertisements, weather
> >channel and news. I didn't see the channels I
> really like to watch. ANy
> >ideas? I do see some HD though like WTTW-11 even if
> I only have analog
> >subscription.
> >
> >What about QAM-64, QAM-128, what are these? Will I
> find channels if I select
> >this?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >_______________________________________________
> >mythtv-users mailing list
> >mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> >
> >
> >
>
> > _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>


Neil,

I'd be happy to help. Lets try getting one channel
going first then go from there. First do you know
what any of the frequency and service id pairs are for
any of you hdtv channels? Just what to know if we
need to start at the very beginning.

-jason

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
Re: Sweet! PC HD3000 QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels? [ In reply to ]
--- Jason Beck <jasonbeck777@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> --- Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Neil wrote:
> >
> > >>Let me know how this goes with the Dvico
> > Fusion5HDTV
> > >>Lite card. I was thinking of getting one of
> these
> > to
> > >>replace one of my SD PVR cards.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> > >I'm hitting a wall right now. Was really
> wondering
> > why I wasn't able to make
> > >it work. I got the channels.conf, 114 services
> > found as of last night by
> > >atscscan. Then I went to zap2it and only selected
> > the channel that was found
> > >by atscscan. I ran mythfilldatabase to grab the
> > channel lineup. For my test,
> > >I only picked one channel. IIRC, atscscan called
> > the channel as FOX-HD.
> > >However, in zap2it, I guess FOX-HD is written as
> > WFLD. I pulled those
> > >mplexid, frequency, etc and then updated the
> > channels table.
> > >
> > >Did I miss anything?
> > >
> > >Anyways, this morning, I upgraded to pre .19
> > mythtv. I restored my old
> > >backup as of 2 days ago, ran mythtv-setup and
> added
> > the zap2it lineup. I did
> > >a cable QAM-256 scan and it found about 20+
> > channels. Channels were like
> > >C107#1, C107#2, C107#3 and so on. I closed setup
> > ran mythfrontend. I am able
> > >to see now the Comcast channels in Watch TV,
> > however, I don't have any
> > >program guide for those comcast channels. It is
> > showing "No data".
> > >
> > >
> > did you run mythfilldatabase
> >
> > >And another issue I'm seeing is, I always watch
> > HGTV, Spike, A&E and my
> > >kids, cartoon network in our regular television.
> > It's just a straight
> > >coaxial connection from outside house to our
> > television. However, in my
> > >other setup which is the Fusioncard on Mythtv, I
> > scrolled through every
> > >channel that myth found but most of them were
> > advertisements, weather
> > >channel and news. I didn't see the channels I
> > really like to watch. ANy
> > >ideas? I do see some HD though like WTTW-11 even
> if
> > I only have analog
> > >subscription.
> > >
> > >What about QAM-64, QAM-128, what are these? Will
> I
> > find channels if I select
> > >this?
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >_______________________________________________
> > >mythtv-users mailing list
> > >mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> >
>
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > mythtv-users mailing list
> > mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> >
>
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> >
>
>
> Neil,
>
> I'd be happy to help. Lets try getting one channel
> going first then go from there. First do you know
> what any of the frequency and service id pairs are
> for
> any of you hdtv channels? Just what to know if we
> need to start at the very beginning.
>
> -jason
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>

Neil,

Login to your database and run the following querey.

mysql> select mplexid,frequency from dtv_multiplex;

Post the results. Please

-jason

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users